MARIAM EL WAKIL
OBJECTIVE Seeking a full time position in human resources utilizing leadership and administration skills. RELEVANT PROJECTS
Performance Review, Amaanah Refugee Services, Houston, TX 2018 Designed and implemented a performance review process. Collected and analyzed data from performance appraisal forms to present a final report on performance management and departmental standing across the organization.
Update of Company HR Handbook, Amaanah Refugee Services, Houston, TX 2017 Revised company handbook and updated sections by editing existing material and adding new policies and procedures approved by the CEO.
Job Analysis, University of Houston- Houston, TX, Spring 2014 Completed a job analysis project by interviewing a resident assistant and listing his work duties and KSAO’s required by American Campus.
Compared acquired job specification and requirements data to the official report listed on Onetonline.com EXPERIENCE
Human Resources Specialist
Amaanah Refugee Services, Houston, Texas August 2017 – Present
● Facilitated the hiring and on-boarding process of 50 new hires.
● Organized a recruitment plan to fulfill needs of departments across the organization.
● Partnered with local colleges and universities to expand employer pool of work-study candidates.
● Interviewed applicants via phone screening and face-to-face, as well as at career fairs.
● Assisted in putting together a benefits package and presented benefits to incoming and returning employees.
● Created a training guide/ systematic process for managers to offer and monitor training of subordinates.
● Performed new hire orientation training and other training for managers as needed.
● Managed off boarding of employees.
● Independently ran payroll bi-weekly.
● Maintained personnel files.
● Participated in review of program audit.
● Written physical checks monthly for program participants and checked withdrawal of funds.
● Assisted in preparing and classifying company’s monthly expenses by downloading and examining bank statements.
● Supervised interns and part-time team members in reception. Office Operations Specialist
Amaanah Refugee Services, Houston, Texas January 2017 – July 2017
● Fulfilled all duties and tasks of receptionist.
● Picked up and distributed incoming physical mail.
● Managed the organization’s info account and Facebook page messages.
● Maintained office organization and representation by making sure the space is presentable and welcoming at all times.
● Inventoried office supplies and equipment using an excel spreadsheet and restocked office supplies accordingly.
● Managed the proper storage of materials and equipment by labeling and organizing the storage room.
● Kept track of department spending through electronic filing of receipts on google drive.
● Tracked the use of company vehicles using a Google Form shared with office team members.
● Created and implemented new office hallway design.
● Performed background checks on potential hires and volunteers.
● Administered Part-Time employee training on company’s policies and procedures.
● Prepared the desk space and equipment for incoming new hires. Receptionist
Amaanah Refugee Services, Houston, Texas September 2016 – December 2017 ● Answered phone calls and responded to inquiries about the organization’s services.
● Scheduled interviews and sent offer letters to new hires.
● Scanned, copied, and shredded confidential documents as needed.
● Maintained coffee area – restocked snacks and materials regularly.
● Assisted with photography for social media posts.
● Provided event support and assistance with projects as needed. Research Assistant
Personality across Development Lab, Houston, Texas June 2015 – December 2015
● Recruited 45 twin families via phone calls and e-mails to come in to the lab to participate in the Risky Business study.
● Administered the Wechsler Adult Intelligence test to teenage twins face to face to test their cognitive skills.
● Entered data from completed studies.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Cum Laude University of Houston- May 2017 Minor Human Resource Management Middle Eastern Studies TRAINING
Comprehensive Study of Economic State Regulations, Employment, and Legal Issues in Today’s Workplace. Texas Business Conference, (16 hours). April 2018. Power Tools for Nonprofits
CenterPoint Energy, (8 hours), November 2017.
Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps, and QuickPro. Experience using ADP, BambooHR system, ShiftPlanning, and Kindful. Bilingual in English and Arabic. Basic knowledge of French and Spanish.