Over fourteen years of experience as a technical writer and editor, SharePoint administrator, and document control specialist successfully designing, authoring, and/or editing a wide range of written communication deliverables for internal, government, and commercial clients.
AAS, Technical Communication 2002 Columbus State Community College Administrative Specialist 1989 United States Army Skills & Abilities
• Microsoft® – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, PowerPoint, Publisher, One Note
• Adobe® – Acrobat, RoboHelp, Captivate, Photoshop®, Lightroom®, Bridge TECHNICAL WRITING/EDITING
• Developed and edited content for user manuals
• Developed online help and user manuals for software applications
• Edited reports, white papers, proposals, and presentations
• Wrote report input
• Wrote instructions, procedures, and safety plans SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION AND TESTING
• Developed test cases based on functional requirements, performed functional testing, submitted test reports, and verified corrections
SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATOR AND DESIGNER
• Site collection administrator; created intranet and extranet user accounts, established permission levels, created libraries, created lists, developed workflows
HUMAN SUBJECTS RESEARCH AND TESTING
• CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Institute) Human Subjects Research certification
• User Research Lab coordinator
• IRB (Institutional Review Board) training for human subject testing, workflow designing, file management, data collection, data analysis
• Maintained a DoD SECRET security clearance for 13 years Experience
TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITOR BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE FEBRUARY 2004 - MARCH 2018
• Fourteen+ years of experience as a technical writer and editor designing, authoring, and/or editing written communication deliverables for internal, government, and commercial clients.
Wrote procedures, created presentations, compiled and edited reports, edited white papers, and edited proposals.
Created Microsoft Word templates and instructed team members on how to use them.
Created official document transmittal forms in accordance with contract Data Item Deliverables (DID).
• Supported the full software lifecycle of an integrated, multi-application project for three years.
Wrote procedures, wrote software documentation, developed and edited online help systems, edited software documentation, compiled reports, and archived files.
Full responsibility for all documentation of one of the engineering models.
• Developed test cases based on the software functional requirements, tested the software, submitted test reports, and verified corrections.
• SharePoint administrator for multiple large projects. Maintained extranet and intranet accounts, established permission levels, created content appropriate subsites and document libraries, developed workflows, and provided help for users.
RESEARCHER – HUMAN SUBJECTS RESEARCH AND TESTING BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE FEBRUARY 2009 - MARCH 2018
• Technical execution team member for projects conducting human subject research and testing.
Registered participants and client representatives and escorted them according to facility security protocol and study protocol.
Developed control room procedures for handling participants and their information ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow.
Responsible for document control and study participant workflow, prepared the test site in adherence to test protocol, monitored participants, reported participant progress and protocol violations, entered data, analyzed data, contributed to the final report, and edited final report.
Collected participant informed consent, conducted participant training, collected biographical data, served as stand-in actor when necessary, answered participant questions appropriately, and directed participants while maintaining adherence to test protocol.
Developed systems and procedures for maintaining accountability of lab equipment. PHOTOGRAPHER BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE MARCH 2017 - MARCH 2018
• Captured and edited staff headshot photographs and environmental photographs demonstrating capabilities for the marketing website.
• Photographed testing room configurations for reports. TECHNICAL WRITER FRONTSTEP 2002
• Technical Writer Intern/Contractor – documented enterprise software suite AWARDS CLERK UNITED STATES ARMY – FORT LEWIS, WASHINGTON 1988 - 1990
• Processed award recommendations for the 593d Area Support Group including two battalions, two detachment companies, and the command company.
• Produced award certificates.
• Photographing landscapes and portraits and editing with Adobe® Lightroom® and Adobe® Photoshop®
• Volunteer photographer for the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks