Lauriston A. Hamilton
*** ** ******** ******, **** St. Lucie – Florida, USA
Telephone: 772-***-**** (C)
A supervisory or managerial position, in a growing environment, where my professional training and experience would be utilized in the improvement in efficiency and profitability. Education & Qualifications
University of Nicosia, Cyprus (Present)
Masters of Business Administration
Core Courses: Strategic Marketing, Finance and Managerial Accounting, Corporate Strategy, Operation and Quality Management, Organizational Behavior, Business Ethics, Enterprise Information System.
Emille Wolfe, London - England (1995 - 1997)
University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica (1992-1995) Bsc. Business, Economic and Social Statistics
• Owner / Dealer Langard Enterprise (Jan.’14 – Aug.’18)
- Rubis Service Station(Formerly Shell) Dealership – Main Street, May Pen, Clarendon – Jamaica.
- Operator of Transportation units.
• Financial Controller / Delta Supply & Elarc Welding (July ‘08 – Dec. ‘13) Job Duties Include:
- Coordination of monthly and annually financial statements.
- Liaise with external auditors and governmental organizations.
- Supervise and control the I.T. department.
- Indirectly control and monitor company’s inventory.
- Prepare company’s Employee Hand Book.
• Commercial Manager / Jamaica Beverage Limited (Dec.’05 – June ‘08) Job Duties Include:
- Manage and coordinate company’s back office which includes; Finance, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Human Resource, Security etc.
- Presented Jamaica’s monthly performance at board meetings in Trinidad.
- Prepared company’s operation guidelines for a number of departments.
- Manage and coordinate company’s efficiency project.
• Factory Administration Manager / Nestle Jamaica Ltd. (Sept. ‘03 – Oct. ‘05) Job Duties Include:
- Manage and coordinate the reporting of Costing & KPIs at the factory.
- Implemented Nestle’s payroll package (Geneva) for Jamaica.
- Manage and report on the factory’s Continuous Improvement projects.
- Coordinate and control all variances within the factory.
- Acted as Factory HR Manager covering negotiation with two unions – 6 months.
- Coordinate and supervise the outsourcing of key functions at the factory.
- Manage the terms, condition and execution of all contracts.
• Chief Accountant / Nestle Jamaica Ltd. (July’97 – Aug.’03). Job Duties Include:
- Prepare and dispatch monthly financial statements of Jamaica as per deadline established by head office (Switzerland).
- Prepare and dispatch divisional income statements as per reporting web.
- Supervise the accounting department personnel.
- Transfer Cremo’s accounting system to Nestles’ following acquisition.
- Liaise with external auditors and a number of governmental organizations. Additional Training
Nestle Chief Accountant Seminar – Vevey, Switzerland.
Nestle Regional Controller Seminar – Dominca Republic.
Nestle Supervisor Appraisal Seminar – Bog Walk, Jamaica. Key Skills
- Creative thinker and fast learner.
- Highly analytical given training in statistics and numerical modeling.
- Proficient in Microsoft software (word, excel and power point).
- Strong Team Leader and Customer Service skills (internal and external customers).
- Experience in managing audit with Big 4 firms.
- Justice of the Peace (St. Andrew)
- Lecturer of ACCA level 2 – Costing Papers (Accountancy Tutor)
- Member of the Board of Trustee – Delta/Elarc Pension Fund.
- External Advisor of Accounting Papers – Liberal Art Dept. (Utech).