Florence Akua Agyeman, MSN, FNP-BC/NP-C, CPAN
Phone: 503-***-**** E-Mail: email@example.com
Goal-oriented, quick learner, and professionally trained new AANP and ANCC certified Family Nurse Practitioner. Background expertise in acute care nursing as Certified Peri-Anesthesia and Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse for 7 years. Culturally competent professional with strong academic training, and 639 ARNP comprehensive clinical hours in primary care, women's health, cardiology and pediatric care. Desires a position in a hospital, community or private practice. Skills
• 7 yeas of acute care nursing experience in Peri-Anesthesia and Medical/Surgical Nursing
• 639 ARNP clinical hours in primary care, cardiology, women's health, and pediatric care
• Strong assessment, diagnosing, treatment, education/follow up, collaboration skills
• Excellent clinical skills and proficiency in ordering/interpreting diagnostic results
• Patient and family advocate and proficiency in culturally-competent care
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and professional bedside manners
• Strong organizational skills and orientation to details
• BLS, ACLS, PALS, CPAN, FNP - AANP, FNP -ANCC certified.
• Skilled preceptor, high level of autonomy and Proficient EMR knowledge.
• Expert in pre- and post-surgical care
Orlando Regional Medical Center (Level I Trauma), Orlando, FL Jan 2013 - Present Certified Peri-Anesthesia Registered Nurse V– (highest level) Full Time
• Provide direct preoperative acute nursing care to elective surgical and emergent/trauma adult and pediatric patients.
• Identify and manage life-threatening post-operative and anesthetic complications, such as laryngospasm, aspiration, hypoventilation, apnea, hypotension, hypertension, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and arrhythmias.
• Expert in General, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Neurosurgery, Thoracic, Peripheral Vascular, Bariatric, Ophthalmology, Genitourinary, Dental, Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology, Maxillofacial, Oncology, and Plastic surgeries.
• Preceptor & Charge Nurse
Florida Hospital, Altamonte Springs, FL September 2014 - Present Certified Peri-Anesthesia Care Registered Nurse Per Diem
• Provide direct preoperative nursing care to elective surgical and emergent adult and pediatric patients. Identify and manage life-threatening post-operative and anesthetic complications, such as laryngospasm, aspiration, hypoventilation, apnea, hypotension, hypertension, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and arrhythmias. Mercy Medical Center (Level II Trauma), Sioux City, IA July 2011 - Nov 2012 Registered Nurse – RN Float /PACU RN Full Time
• Six months of direct nursing care on various floors (Med/Surg, Neurology, Orthopedics, Rehab, Psych, Oncology, and OB) of the hospital through the resource/float team
• Eleven months of direct perioperative nursing care to diverse groups of patients (adults, pediatrics, ICU, chronically ill) in PACU/recovery.
• Recovered patients who underwent procedures/surgeries: such as Electroconvulsive therapy, Orthopedic, General, Neurosurgery, Cardiovascular, Genitourinary, Gynecology, Dental, Thoracic, and Plastic.
Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL May 2018
Master of Science in Nursing
Family Nurse Practitioner
Graduated with magna cum laude
Member of Phi Kappa Phi
Program accredited by the Commission on College Nursing Education (CCNE) Briar Cliff University (BCU), Sioux City, IA May 2011 Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Minor in Psychology
Received Helen P. McBride Endowed Nursing Scholarship in 2009 Member of Sigma Theta Thau
Dean's List 2008 - 2011
Graduated with Cum Laude
Nursing program approved by Iowa Board of Nursing; accredited by the NLNAC Portland Community College (PCC), Portland, OR June 2006 Associate of Science
Academic President’s List 2006
• Member of American Association of Nurse Practitioners June 2018
• Numerous Kudos and Honors at ORMC
• Exceeds Expectations rating for performance reviews for nearly 5 years Licensure and Certifications
ARNP Licensure, State of Florida, # ARNP 9350704 Expires 07/31/2020 National Provider Identifier # 180*******
America Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), #F07180349 Expires 07/02/2023 America Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), # 201-***-**** Expires 06/06/2023 Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN), Cert.#141******* Expires 04/30/2020 Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) Expires 05/31/2020 Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Expires 02/28/2020 Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) Expires 05/31/2020 Clinical Rotations: 639 ARNP clinical hours in primary care, women's health, cardiology and pediatric care. Provided comprehensive quality family planning services, preventive care, acute illnesses and chronic illnesses treatment through assessment, diagnosing and
formulating/implementation of treatment plan.
Sunshine Walk In Clinic
Lake Mary, FL
Dr. Anita Gupta
Orlando Health Internal Medicine Group
Jeanine Febres, ARNP –C
Winter Park, FL
Dr. Vivien Pham
Specialty Role FNP
Orlando Health Heart
Dr. Adam Waldman
Specialty Role - FNP
Dr. Muhammad Awan
Specialty Role FNP
Dr. Meena Joseph
Hector (Matt) Ortiz
ORMC PACU/Recovery Assistant Nurse Manager
Florida Hospital PACU/Recovery Nurse Manager
Dr. Beverly Brown
Florida Southern College Instructor/Adviser