Deirdre E. Orr, MA
615-***-**** - firstname.lastname@example.org
*GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES LEADER – ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT* PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
A highly motivational, adaptable, detail oriented and creative individual who realizes that the role of a Human Resource leader is to foster an effective partnership between the business unit and Human Resources. Extensive experience as an executive level business partner and manager in Human Resource administration, management, consulting and project coordination is what is brought to each task and role that is completed. Highly effective in departmental management and creating collaborative and productive work environments, the ability to strike appropriate balance between company, customer, and employee needs is always front of mind. Effective at improving human capital investment through workforce and succession planning by utilizing data and analytical tools. KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
HR Business Partner HR Management Affirmative Action Planning Employee Relations Team Leadership Public & Labor Relations Verbal, Written &
Financial Acumen Peer & Talent Reviews
Workforce & Succession
HRIS - PeopleSoft, Taleo, Workday
Deltek, Crelate, ADP & Paycom
Coaching & Mentoring Project Planning & Management Performance Management MS Office Suite Organizational Change Agent Process Improvement Performance Development Stay Interviews/Retention 9-BOX & LEAP Facilitation Federal, State & Local Law Data Analysis Conflict Navigation Talent Acquisition Partnership Benefits Administration Workers Compensation Intake Change Leadership Procedure, Process and Policy
Diversity & Inclusion
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Society for Human Resource Management – Certificate – Senior Professional in HR – Currently enrolled. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology – MA – Industrial / Organizational Psychology – 2010 Tennessee State University – BS – Psychology – 2004 KEY IMPACTS
• Model the culture and organizational values that I discuss with leadership to build in their business units.
• While understanding that the workforce is a key cost to an organization, my goal is to make sure the workforce is built correctly so they can have the best opportunity to operate efficiently and effectively.
• Implemented pilot initiatives (Performance Management & Work From Home) based on the needs of the business.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
ServiceSource - Nashville, TN 08/2017 – 12/2018
Manager, Human Resource Business Partner
• Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to solve for challenges that concern management and employees, advises in areas of talent management, organizational effectiveness, and performance/change management.
• Coach Managers to enhance leadership abilities, relationships among teams, individuals and performance management, drive diversity and inclusion initiatives where needed.
• Manages Employee Relations process and thoroughly conducts all investigations.
• Though leader that partners with the business to create strategic people centered plans based on business need.
• Oversee 750 employees, including 105 front line leaders, serve as HR leader to executive leaders and responsible for strategic support in the implementation of global HR initiatives.
• Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions, maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units under the human resource purview.
• Leads a team of HR and Talent Acquisition coordinators Cushion Employer Services - Nashville, TN 10/2015 – 08/2017 Human Resource Consultant/Manager
• Supported clients in diverse industries by providing employee relations coaching, training for talent development, compliance audits, employee benefits guidance and information reporting.
• Provided guidance to VP, CEO and other stakeholders on company policies and procedures in compliance accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
• Advised on people/organization strategy during acquisition of business lines.
• Effectively managed comprehensive portfolio of client of different industries.
• Conducted all employee relations investigations, HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, payroll, performance management and staffing levels.
• Partnered with PEO, benefit broker, and Insurance providers.
• Managed 4 associates and promoted a positive, supportive workplace, led the streamlining of the organization performance system reducing turnover by 100%. Cognosante, LLC - Nashville, TN 04/2014 – 09/2015
Human Resource Manager
• Originated policy creation and implementation, advised, coached and managed team on process execution with employees on interviewing, performance management and talent development strategies.
• Headed 3 healthcare call center sites located in different cities which includes 350 employees, supported business operations in healthcare, Medicaid, CHIP and employee records data and files.
• Collected, manipulated and analyzed large sets of data from multiple sources to identify trends, connected findings, and made cohesive and creative recommendations that supported the organization’s goals.
• Managed a team of front-line leaders and 2 HR professionals USDA / Natural Resources Conservation - Nashville, TN 12/2010 – 04/2014 Human Resources Generalist
• Investigated employee/labor relations disputes and issues, utilized Oracle PeopleSoft and ICIMS to maintain database for personnel actions, implemented monthly diversity activities and initiatives.
• Formulated and supported organization in maintaining legal compliance, assisting employees in deciding on benefits and in processing documentation for FMLA, Worker’s Compensation and EEOC policies.
• Originated recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers, wrote and placed advertisements, worked with supervisors to screen and interview candidates and conducted orientations.
Melange Health Solutions- Charlotte, NC 2/2009- 12/2010 Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter