Samuel T. Austin
Seeking to enhance my professional skills in a dynamic and fast paced workplace with room for growth. Looking to join a high performance and very supportive team in a collaborative environment. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Motivated Information Systems Manager with 20+ years of proven experience in the United States Navy. System Administrator with over 15 years of network administration and technical support experience. Able to multitask while providing creative and effective solutions by combining experience, expertise, and excellent problem-solving skills for network and server issues. Demonstrates communication and leadership skills that promote a cohesive and effective working environment with the ability to adapt quickly to change and respond effectively to urgent circumstances. Knowledge in working in diverse environments to provide helpful service to multiple end – users. Career supported by specialized technical and tactical military training, and an Associate Degree in Information Technology and Cybersecurity.
* Top Secret Security Clearance * Policy Implementation * Written/Oral Communication Skills
* Training & Development * Threat Analysis * Conflict Resolution
* IT Management * Network Engineering * Long Range Planning
* Team Building * Complex Problem Solving * Network Administration
* Network/Email encryption * Microsoft Exchange * Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Outlook * Microsoft Power Point * Microsoft Excel
* e-QIP * JPAS
Platforms: W indows 10, 7, XP Pro, Vista, Windows Server 2008, 2003. Linux. Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2008/2007, 2003, HP blades, Cisco Switches, HP desktops, HP laptops, HP thin clients, Virtual Machine and Thin Clients Configuration.
Protocols: T CP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, Active Directory, SCCM, FTP. Software &
Databases: M icrosoft Exchange Server, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Office Suite, Norton AV, McAfee AV, VMWare. EDUCATION
* Associates Degree Information Technology Cyber Security (Southern New Hampshire University) Significant U.S. Navy service schools graduated:
* Information Systems Administrator * Security Manager Course
* Advanced Network Analyst * Information and Communications Manager's Course
* Advanced Digital Network System * Information Systems Security Manager CERTIFICATIONS / DESIGNATIONS
* Security+ (2012) * Certified in Homeland Security - Disaster Preparedness
* Certified in Homeland Security - Level I * Certified in Homeland Security - Level III
* Certified in Homeland Security - Level II
Information Systems Technical Manager
U. S. Navy Vessel, Atlantic Theater July 2015 - August 2018
* Coordinated and supervised USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN enterprise level network installation. Consisted of 7000 network cables, 49 equipment racks, 2,500, workstations, 200 Xerox copiers, and all associated power and A/C requirements providing 100 percent network availability.
* Flawlessly managed 100 IT personnel across both core Navy IT disciplines: network operations and administration and radio communications.
* Led 35-person team of communicators responsible for complex messaging systems with throughput of more than 1000 messages per month.
* On-call 24/7 for three years to maintain network connectivity. Information Assurance Officer
Tactical Training Group, Pacific, S an Diego, CA April 2012 -June 2015
* Responsible for assessing the risk to five geographically separated networks across four enclaves. Integrated multiple system security policies, processes, and practices.
* T eam leader for the upgrade of over 250 computers and upgraded 200 machines to Windows 7 to increase productivity and became compliance within information assurance. Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications to existing systems.
* Directly responsible for mitigating more than 12,000 identified network vulnerabilities and applying 2,200 STIGs in order to properly safeguard network data.
* Oversaw generation of accreditation support documentation in support of two accreditation efforts.
* Enhanced e xpertise through training and development in attacker techniques and trade craft.
* T echnical Representative oversaw technical support and a liaison, providing exceptional helpdesk support to over 260 users, 315 clients and 20 network printers Information Systems Technical Supervisor
U. S. Navy Vessel, Pacific Theater September 2009- January 2012
* Flawlessly managed 12 personnel in the operation and administration of 300 workstations, 8 network servers and 6 switches.
* Coordinated major network-wide upgrade from a legacy network to a global domain.
* Managed Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP) installation, operation, and maintenance onboard US Navy ship. Provided critical feedback to program office involving major configuration changes needed to avoid antenna blockage and equipment failure.
Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor
Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station, M anama, Bahrain August 2008 - September 2009
* Responsible for shifting Fleet NOC services of internet, email, RF, and data of ships transiting through Indian Ocean region. Efforts included support 32 naval ships totaling 48 domains four Amphibious Groups totaling 20 domains and two Mobile Ground Forces. Provided Gig-E pier services for ships in port.
* Directly supervised IP services for requirements in support of rescue of Maersk Alabama Captain Richard Phillips.
* Solely responsible for planning and implementation of a x509 email messaging system throughout Indian Ocean Region.
* Supervised a 24 person watch rotation that ensured delivery of over 20 million email messages. Security Manager/Network Service Liason
Navy Operational Support Center, F ort Worth, TX July 2005 - August 2008
* Maintained and administered security clearance records for more than 1800 personnel and supervised 20 security managers in the day-to-day upkeep of personnel records to maintain mission readiness.
* Implemented a command broadcast system using Inlighten broadcast technology to inform Hurricane Katrina refugees of up-to-date current events for affected areas.
* Team leader for the upgrade of over 100 computers and upgraded 200 machines to Windows 7 to increase productivity and became compliance within information assurance.
* Navy Marine Corps Intranet Command Technical Representative oversaw technical support and a liaison, providing exceptional helpdesk support to over 260 users, 315 clients and 20 network printers.