Criminal Justice/ Sociology Undergrad
Brooklyn, NY 11207
Reborn For New Life - Brooklyn, NY
February 2018 to Present
• Photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
• Answering phones and direct calls
• Organize and schedule appointments, taking detailed minutes in meetings, maintain and update residents program lists, laundry times and various other documents
• Ordering supplies, keeping log in
sheets for residents and visitors
• Providing general support to visitors
downloading toxicology sheets, assist residents, counselors, operations and director as needed
• Escort residents to appointments when needed, part of recreation support teams during recreation trips. Outreach Specialist
Bailey House Inc - New York, NY
November 2016 to 2018
• Attended various events promoting Bailey House and the services and programs the agency provided
• Provided HIV/AIDS benefits awareness to diagnosed individuals
• Informed community members on HIV, AIDS and STI prevention
• Distributed Bailey House Inc. flyers to community members
• Distributed various contraceptives to community members Group Facilitator working with Children/Adolescents L&G Childcare Center - Brooklyn, NY
April 2014 to July 2016
• Analyze situations and problem solve effectively.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Provide crisis intervention, referrals, group and individual counseling to offenders
• Knowledge of domestic violence and sex offender issues.
• Interact well with diverse persons, organizations, or groups.
• Possess leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the socio-cultural dynamics of victimization.
• Ability to function well under stress.
NYPIRG - New York, NY
2015 to 2016
• Helped lead projects and campaigns on a variety of urgent issues.
• helped register students to vote, protect student voting rights, and turn out student voters to the polls in large
• Engaged in the Hunger and Homelessness Prevention Project and partner with local organizations to provide
direct assistance to New Yorkers in need through collection drives, direct service projects, and community education
• Engaged in Environmental Project to help New York move toward a clean, renewable energy future - supporting
efforts that shift us away from fossil fuel use and infrastructure and toward wind and other renewables.
• Fought for half-priced fares for low-income New Yorkers, better bus service, and improvements to transit infrastructure.
Jr. Peer Educator
NYPIRG - New York, NY
August 2014 to 2015
• Plan events and organize campaigns in order to increase positive behaviors in communities throughout the city and decrease harmful effects associated with domestic abuse.
• Provide accurate information and opportunities for the exploration of personal goals and values that challenge and empower students to make safe and informed choices.
• To have knowledge of healthy relationships used to educate peers on their rights within the relationships.
• To provide support to peer
B.A in Sociology / Conflict Resolution
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice - New York, NY January 2017 to December 2018
Associates in Criminal Justice in Criminal Justice Borough Of Manhattan Community College - New York, NY August 2015 to January 2017
Community Outreach, Administrative Support, Excel, Youth services Additional Information
Microsoft (10+ years)