571-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.cs.rit.edu/~hp7212 www.github.com/harshadmscs PROFILE
• Possess 1 year of ASP.NET MVC Full Stack development experience applying object-oriented methodologies.
• Detail-oriented Computer Science grad, with a passion for learning new technologies, and provide creative solutions to solve real-world problems as a Software Engineer in a fast-paced environment. EDUCATION
• Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
Master’s in Computer Science May 2018
Relevant coursework: Parallel Computing, Distributed Systems, Big Data Analytics
• University of Mumbai Mumbai, India
Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering
• Programming languages: Java, C#, C++, PHP (familiar)
• Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
Priority Thinking Pittsford, NY
Full Stack Web Developer January 2017 - December 2017
• Developed an ASP.NET Web API for aiding in operations relating to the online shop (checkout, add to cart, etc.)
• Made recommendations to the software team, which improved Web App response by reducing server requests by half, via use of AJAX calls.
• Wrote CRUD queries for SQL database schemas, accessed using Entity Framework and LINQ.
• Created and updated technical documents like E-R diagrams, system flow diagrams, etc.
• Automated approximately 40% of manual tasks by developing Web Jobs that run in Microsoft’s Azure Cloud.
• Built a token based credit-card payment system using Stripe API, rigorously tested for security and atomicity.
• Worked in a team of 4 to debug, troubleshoot and fix API errors, HTTP errors, database integration errors, etc.
• Worked in an Agile environment by participating in peer-to-peer code reviews and status update meetings, to help maintain code quality, deliver new features, and provide stability. PROJECT WORK
• IoT Smart Home
Developed an Android mobile app to control the lights & blinds in a room manually, or automatically through a servo motor connected to a Raspberry Pi that senses ambient conditions through light and temperature sensors.
• Multi-threaded MAX-SAT Solver
Developed and debugged a multi-threaded parallel Java program to solve MAX-SAT problems on multiple cores of a computer, and achieved a speed-up of 30%, as compared to other solvers. EXTRACURRICULARS
• Participated in FreezeFest 5K run at Rochester Institute of Technology.
• Won second place out of 60 students in Dennis Ritchie C Programming Contest at Parshvanath College of Engineering.