Phone: 214-***-**** • E-mail: email@example.com
Grand Prairie, Texas
• Advance experience in loan credit analysis of repayment capacity, financial strength and collateral protection functions.
• Performed risk layering analysis on various loans, conventional, sub-prime, jumbo and USDA based on investor guidelines and other federal regulations.
• Maintained a firm knowledge of automated underwriting systems DU,LP and manual underwriting techniques, secondary market requirement and product knowledge.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, customer service and account management.
• Managed multiple priorities simultaneously. Experienced in training team members.
Mr Cooper / Nationstar Mortgage March 2015 – March 2018
Underwriter II, Irving, TX
• Underwrote Conventional, HARP and jumbo loans within company and investors guidelines.
• Analyzed and verified the employment profile, credit, property characteristics, income and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each loan
• Reviewed and ensures data integrity to confirm the accuracy of automated underwriting findings DU/LP.
• Communicated all required conditions and provides assistance to expedite the final approval if required
• Assisted in the review of, and response to, audit findings.
New Bold Advisor Apr 2014 - Sept 2014
Compliance Analyst (Consultant), Ft Worth, TX
• Ensured Pre-Audit foreclosure and bankruptcy loans to ensure they were Multi-State Audit ready.
• Met compliance with regulatory and internal record retention requirements while providing quality review of records.
• Performed root cause analysis of bankruptcy issues to identify process improvement or gaps and engaged appropriate parties to remediate
JP Morgan Chase Sept- 2012- Nov 2013
Sr. Underwriter-Retail, Ft Worth, TX
• Underwrote Conventional, HARP, USDA and Jumbo loans by analyzing all sources of financial and credit data to make credit decisions.
• Ensured compliance with established loan policies, credit limits and regulatory requirements.
• Validated income such as self employed (tax returns), W2’s, pension plans and other sources of income used to approve the mortgage loan.
• Adequately and effectively explained in written and verbal form the decision reached in a manner that maintained a positive relationship with all customers.
• Actively participated in discussions to help the department run more efficiently.
• Underwrote appraisals for collateral regulations and verified acceptability of security.
Sr. Special Risk / Compliance Underwriter July 2010 – Sept 2012
• Reviewed conventional, sub-prime, jumbo and USDA loan files, analyzing and reporting on significant loan quality trends and initiating necessary action to minimize potential losses.
• Ensured the creditworthiness of the loan portfolio, looking for changes that merit a review of lending practices and or adverse asset classification.
• Reviewed workout options (modification, repayment, forbearance plans and short sales).
• Communicated compliance findings, actions plans or remediation steps to Business management to ensure compliance with industry policies and procedures.
Franklin American Mortgage Dec 2009- July 2010
Senior Underwriter, (contract) Las Colinas, TX
• Reviewed and evaluated loan applications, credit and income documentation to determine compliances with company and investor guidelines.
• Ensured accuracy and completeness when reviewing appraisals.
• Interpreted the overall credit risk of the applicant and overall risk to the company.
• Coached Field personnel, auditor and lenders on technical underwriting issues, problems and or questions. Communicated concisely both verbally and written.
MetLife Home Loans Mar 2009- Dec 2009
Contract Underwriter, Irving, TX
• Analyzed and underwrote conventional loans ensuring that loan requests met program and product specification guidelines, examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Performed consistently with accuracy to meet deadlines, interacting extensively with internal and external customers.
• Reviewed and resolved quality control issues identified by internal and investor audits, evaluated the appraisal to determine if the value is justified.
Department of Homeland Security Mar 2008– Mar 2009
Transportation Security Officer, DFW Int’l Airport (Part Time)
• Communicated with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
• Maintained focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people and noise.
• Made clear, prompt and effective decisions in crisis and routine situations. Ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
Countrywide Home Loans Corporation Apr 2007– Sept 2007
Underwriter III, Richardson, TX
• Performed due diligence on Fannie Mae (DU) and Freddie Mac (LP) closed loans prior to purchase to determine sale ability.
• Reviewed, examined and underwrote loans to ensure compliance with company and investor standards.
• Evaluated debt ratios, loan-to-value ratios, credit, identified risk issues, potential fraud, property valuation and various other factors.
• Independently conducted full and comprehensive evaluations of a variety of complex, high risk Mortgage Loan applications.
Accredited Home Lenders July 2003– Jan 2007 Corporate Underwriter, Irving, TX
• Performed regular reviews of the work completed by staff to validate the quality of the reviews and ensure compliance with all applicable requirements, including but not limited to RESPA, HUD-1, GFE and bank policies and procedures, state laws and regulations.
• Investigated discrepancies and requested additional information when necessary to evaluate risk thoroughly.
• Communicated findings on specific loan cases with operational staffs and management as needed to clarify issues or concerns.
• Reviewed appraisals and validated property values and eligibility of collateral.
Bachelor of Science, University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Real Estate Appraisal
Chase Proprietary Software – MSP, CLOSR, ZIPPY
Bank of America Mortgage Software-AS400, LPI
Other Mortgage Software – Fraud Guard, MERS, ENCOMPASS and Early Check