Resume

Sign in

Lead Contract Specialist/Contracts Manager/Acquisition SME

Location:
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Salary:
$150K
Posted:
August 22, 2018

Contact this candidate

Resume:

**** ******

Cherish Dawn Driver

**** **** **., *** ****, Alexandria VA 22302

Home: 703-***-**** Cell: 571-***-****

EMAIL: ac6rtj@r.postjobfree.com; ac6rtj@r.postjobfree.com

Series 1102/GS-14 – Contract Specialist

02/2010 to August 2018 Title: Supervisory Contract Specialist/Contracting Officer Pay Grade: GS-14/Step 5 /1102; Hrs per week: 40+; Acting Branch Chief: Nannette Cicolini from August 2014 to March 2018

Follow On Award for Sole Source TISCOM CSAS Support, 5-year GSA Task Order HSCG23-10-F-PT2059 in the amount of $3.89M. Cost savings to the Government due to diligent contract negotiations estimated at $1M.

TISCOM URG-III RF Radio System Install/Remove/Replace support under Customer & Border Patrol ID/IQ Contract HSBP10-06-01260 in the amount of $831K.

Follow On Contract for TISCOM Standard Workstation and Communication Infrastructure Support Services, 5-year BPA estimated at $125M – BPA ceiling awarded at $92,921,418 utilizing FAR Part 8. Award of numerous negotiated Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Calls/Task Orders – overall value of task orders awarded to date estimated at $40,000,000.00.

Follow On Contract for TISCOM Enterprise Managed Telephony and Unified Communications Systems Installations and Equipment Recapitalization Services, 5-year ID/IQ Contract estimated at $50M – IDIQ contract award valued at $46,486,850 utilizing FAR Part 12 and solicited as a 100% SB Set-Aside. Five-Year Ordering Period awarded to a Small Business. Award of numerous negotiated IDIQ Task Orders – overall value of task orders awarded to date estimated at $10+M.

Contract for TISCOM Large Cutter Connectivity Ku Band Equipment, 5-year ID/IQ Contract estimated at $9.6M utilizing FAR Part 12 and solicited as a 100% SB Set-Aside. Five-Year Ordering Period awarded to a small business. Contract cancelled due to FA testing failures. Re-solicited as FAR Part 12 100% Small Business Set-Aside in June 2012 – estimated at $5.6M. 5-year Firm-Fixed Price ID/IQ Contract awarded on27 September 2012, contract valued at $4,451,816.00.

Follow On Contract for TISCOM Small Cutter Connectivity Systems, 10 year ID/IQ Contract estimated at $30M. Award of numerous negotiated ID/IQ Delivery/Task Orders – overall value of task orders awarded to date $10+M.

Awarded Four (4) Multiple Award Information Assurance Security Management Support Services Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contracts, 5 Year IDIQ Contracts estimated at $34M to $46M utilizing FAR Part 12 and solicited as a 100% SB Set-Aside. Numerous task orders issued under these IDIQ Contracts estimated at over $30M and $22M to date.

Follow On Contract for C4ITSC SWIII IT Computer Equipment, 5 Year ID/IQ Contract estimated at $295M. This replaces the MDO for all CG entities to purchase computer equipment for the next five years. Estimated date of award: 30 September 2012. 5-year Firm-Fixed Price ID/IQ Contract awarded on 11/15/2012, contract valued at $108,909,443.36.

Follow On Contract for Command, Control, Communication, Computer Information Service Center (C3CEN) Telecommunications Information Systems Command (TISCOM) Information Technology Security Management Services, 5 Year Multiple Award ID/IQ Contract estimated at $250M.

New Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for CG C4ITSC COE Business Technical Assessment Services, 5 Year BPA ceiling estimated at $14,852,516.00. Award of five significant negotiated C4ITSC BPA Task orders for OSC and TISCOM valued at over $2M per task order.

Total number of actions and awarded value in the past 5 years since transfer to C4IT SC – contract actions valued at over an estimated $2,000,000,000.00.

In support of CG-C4IT Branch Chief/Contracting Officer, performed the following additional duties:

• Lead Contract Specialist with over 17 years of contracting professional experience

• Provides sound business advice to CG C4ITSC customers/program managers and senior USCG officials. • Led contract/task order and BPA Call kick-off meetings and technical discussions with USCG customers/program managers and contractors.

• Led Technical Evaluation Instruction Briefings for Technical Evaluation Teams (TETs) consisting of USCG TISCOM customers and assists TETs during pre-award phase of acquisition cycle.

• Provided signature authority to approve/submit invoices for payment in order to maintain a “zero” late invoice status.

• Reviewed CG-C4ITSC’s work product as an independent reviewer to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and to ensure the product was complete.

• Provides guidance to any CG-C4IT team member as a Lead Contract Specialist with over 21 years of contracting experience and knowledge.

• Instrumental in the successful dismissal or denial decisions by the GAO and the SBA in response to pre-award/post-award protests and small business challenges.

• Responsible for the full range of both pre and post award functions. Responsible for highly specialized procurements of significant importance to the mission of the Department by: performing market research, formulating contracting strategies and objectives, developing acquisition plans, selecting contract type, preparing solicitation documents, initiating determinations and findings, making competitive range determinations, identifying appropriate contract clauses, initiating Small Business set-asides, directing analysis to team evaluations, planning negotiation strategy and making recommendations for award. Utilizes FedBizOps for publicizing procurements, and mastery of the CIMS automated procurement system. Performs contract administration by monitoring contractor performance throughout the life of the contract, negotiates bilateral contract modifications when applicable to reflect contractual changes, exercise of options and process invoices for payment. Performs close out procedures to include past performance, payment reconciliations and close out modifications.

• Performs successfully all developmental assignments, up to and including the standards for the grade level proposed to include: developing acquisition strategies and objectives utilizing GSA schedule (FAR Part 8), commercial acquisitions (FAR Part 12), simplified acquisitions (FAR Part 13), and contracting by negotiations (FAR Part 15).

• Engages the customer early in the planning stages and provides sound advice and assistance on procurement objectives and strategy. Proactive in providing timely solutions to customer’s problems, assists in the preparation of performance work statement/statements of work and has been recognized by customers as providing outstanding customer service. Conducts and attends meetings as business advisor to program offices by providing and recommending alternative acquisition strategies and solutions for both the pre-and post award procurement phases. Proactively resolves performance issues and interfaces with contractor to mitigate potential program risk during contractor performance.

• Assumes leadership roles in the CG-C4ITSC Division as a CG-C4ITSC TISCOM Team Lead. Demonstrates various leadership attributes that set high standards for timely procurement execution and professional customer service. Provides mentoring and guidance to the DHS APCP Contract Specialists and to CG-C4IT junior-level Contract Specialists. Offers guidance by establishing a concerned relationship with team members aimed at developing the competence and character of junior-level Contract Specialists. Additionally, provides leadership and oversight of the contractor acquisition support assigned to CGC4ITSC to ensure the government receives adequate performance.

• Acts as CG TISCOM Branch Chief when needed on several occasions.

• Acquisition duties equate to 95% of overall assigned tasks; training equates to the remaining 5% of time

• Maintain 80 hours of continuous learning in acquisition courses through Defense Acquisition University [DAU] as well as local division training sessions

• Attained Certificate of Appointment as a Warranted Contracting Officer with a $15 million supplies/services limit

• Promoted to GS-14 in December 2014

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – United States Coast Guard (USCG) Formal Contracting Division CG-9122A HQ, US Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security (Jemal Bldg), Washington DC 20395

01/10/2007 – 01/2010 Title: Acting Team Lead/Senior Contract Specialist Division Chief: Lattia Baker [CG-9122], 202-***-**** Pay Grade: GS-13/14-1102; Hrs per week: 40+

Awarded the following competitive five-year BPAs/Requirements and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contracts for Assistant Commandant for Marine, Safety, Security and Stewardship (CG-5), Office of Auxiliary and Boating Safety (CG542) and Domestic Port Security Risk Evaluation Division (CG-5142): o National Recreational Boating Safety Survey Program (NRBS) BPA HSCG23-09-AM01012 – BPA ceiling awarded $15,266,895.00 utilizing FAR Part 8. o Recreational Boat Testing and Factory Compliance Inspection Program (RBTFCP) Contract HSCG23-09-C-M02002 – contract value awarded $16,035.100.18 utilizing FAR Part 15.

Port Security Risk Management Mitigation Plan (SRMMP) utilizing FAR Part 8 to include the following: o Domestic and International Port Security Risk Evaluation Assessment Services BPA – BPA ceiling awarded $9,481,994.00 o Domestic and International Port Security Risk Analysis Services (MSRAM) BPA – BPA ceiling awarded $10,543,137.00 o Professional Program Management and Technical Support Services IDIQ Contract HSCG23-09-D-MRP175 – contract value awarded $36,249,550.86 utilizing FAR Part 12. Contract was awarded under the 8(a) program. o Award of numerous negotiated Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Calls/Task Orders under the Enterprise Logistics Architecture BPA for Office of Performance Management and Decision Support (CG-0954 formerly CG-0931) – overall value of task orders awarded to date $12,277,333.00. o Award of numerous negotiated BPA Calls/Task Orders under the Recreational Boating Safety Media Relations BPA for the Office of Auxiliary Boating Safety (CG-542) and the Boating Safety Division (CG-5422) – overall value of task orders awarded to date $2,683,443.00.

Total number of actions and awarded value in the past 24 months – approximately 55 contract actions valued at over $104,879,928.00.

In support of CG-9122A Team Lead/Contracting Officer, performed the following additional duties:

• Led contract/task order and BPA Call kick-off meetings and technical discussions with USCG customers/program managers and contractors

• Led Technical Evaluation Instruction Briefings for five (5) separate Technical Evaluation Teams (TETs) consisting of USCG customers and assisted TETs during pre-award phase of acquisition cycle

• Provided signature authority to approve/submit invoices for payment in the absence of CG9122A’s Team Lead/Contracting Officer in order to maintain a “zero” late invoice status

• Reviewed CG-9122A’s work product as an independent reviewer to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and to ensure the product was complete.

• Provided guidance to any CG-9122 team member as a Senior Contract Specialist with several years of contracting experience and knowledge

• Responsible for the full range of both pre and post award functions. Responsible for highly specialized procurements of significant importance to the mission of the Department by: performing market research, formulating contracting strategies and objectives, developing acquisition plans, selecting contract type, preparing solicitation documents, initiating determinations and findings, making competitive range determinations, identifying appropriate contract clauses, initiating Small Business set-asides, directing analysis to team evaluations, planning negotiation strategy and making recommendations for award. Utilizes FedBizOps for publicizing procurements, and mastery of the CIMS automated procurement system. Performs contract administration by monitoring contractor performance throughout the life of the contract, negotiates bilateral contract modifications when applicable to reflect contractual changes, exercise of options and process invoices for payment. Performs close out procedures to include past performance, payment reconciliations and close out modifications.

• Performed successfully all developmental assignments, up to and including the standards for the grade level proposed to include: developing acquisition strategies and objectives utilizing GSA schedule (FAR Part 8), commercial acquisitions (FAR Part 12), simplified acquisitions (FAR Part 13), and contracting by negotiations (FAR Part 15).

• Engaged the customer early in the planning stages and provides sound advice and assistance on procurement objectives and strategy. Proactive in providing timely solutions to customer’s problems, assists in the preparation of performance work statement/statements of work and has been recognized by customers as providing good customer service. Conducted and attended meetings as business advisor to program offices by providing and recommending alternative acquisition strategies and solutions for both the pre-and post award procurement phases. Proactively resolved performance issues and interfaces with contractor to mitigate potential program risk during contractor performance. • Assumed leadership roles in the CG-9122 Division when the CG-9122A Team Lead was unavailable. Demonstrated various leadership attributes that set high standards for timely procurement execution and professional customer service. Provided mentoring and guidance to the DHS APCP Contract Specialists and to CG-9122 junior-level Contract Specialists. Offered guidance by establishing a concerned relationship with team members aimed at developing the competence and character of junior-level Contract Specialists. Additionally, provided leadership and oversight of the contractor acquisition support assigned to CG-9122 to ensure the government receives adequate performance.

• Acquisition duties equate to 95% of overall assigned tasks; training equates to the remaining 5% of time

• Maintain 80 hours of continuous learning in acquisition courses through Defense Acquisition University [DAU] as well as local division training sessions

DoD 10 MSG/LGCB USAF Academy CO USAF Academy - Colorado Springs, CO 06/01/2004 – 01/09/2007 Title: Senior Contract Specialist Division Chief: Robert A. Reyes [10MSG/LGCB] [719] 333-8267 Pay Grade: GS-11-1102; Hrs per week: 40+

Contracting/Acquisition Support for 10th Mission Support Group and the 10th Air Base Wing USAFA CO supporting the Air Force Academy customers and the Cadets [small and large acquisitions to include Reacquisition of Logistics Support Services and Fuels Distribution contract, 7-year period of performance estimated over $14M; and Reacquisition of Proximity Lock and Access Control Security System Operation and Maintenance Services contract, 3-Year NetCents Delivery Order estimated over $1.5M, a cost saving to the Government of over $500K]

Proficient and knowledgeable in cost and price analysis methodology to include: formal cost and pricing evaluation, use of weighted guidelines, best value determination methods/procedures [i.e., during renegotiation of sole source procurement for Proximity Lock and Access Control Security System Operations and Maintenance Services interim contract [fixed price], the contractor submitted other than cost and pricing data which after thorough cost analysis was determined overly high and could not be justified. Requested a DCAA audit of the contractor’s labor rates to include overhead and G&A to determine the Government’s negotiation position resulting in a significant cost savings to the Government]

Buyer/Negotiator for 10 MSG and 10 ABW; Technical Support and Facilitator Support to include DD350 Monitor for LGCB [Cadet and AF Academy Support]

Proficient in ASP Briefings/Presentation/Pre-Award and Post-Award Conferences and other processes in support of 10th Air Base Wing and 10th Mission Support Group for the USAF Academy

Knowledgeable in Federal Acquisition Regulations [FAR/DFARS/AFFARS]; AFMC Regulations/Contract & Acquisition Law Policies/Pricing Methodology Processes

Acquisition duties equate to 95% of overall assigned tasks; training equates to the remaining 5% of time

Maintain 80 hours of continuous learning in acquisition courses through Defense Acquisition University [DAU] as well as local division training sessions

• Completed Squadron Officer School (SOS) In-Residence Sept/Oct 2006

DoD AAC/YAK Eglin AFB FL Fort Walton Beach, FL 03/31/2002 - 05/28//2004 Title: Contract Specialist Division Chief: Terri C. Brown [AAC/YAK] [850] 883-0180 Pay Grade: GS-12-1102; Hrs per week: 40

• Contracting/Acquisition Support for Advanced Medium Range Air to Air [Counter Air] Missile [AMRAAM] Program

• Buyer/Negotiator for AMRAAM Production

• Proficient and knowledgeable in cost and price analysis methodology to include: formal cost and pricing evaluation, use of weighted guidelines, best value determination methods/procedures [i.e., during exercise of option years for the AMRAAM Missile Engineering Support Services contract [cost plus award fee], evaluated the contractor’s formal cost and pricing data and with the use of weighted guidelines and other cost analysis methodology was able to negotiate a fair and reasonable price for the Government with a decrease in costs in the areas of overhead, G&A and profit]

• Technical Support and Facilitator Support for AMRAAM Production/Foreign Military Sales [FMS] and Missiles Engineering Services

• Proficient in AMRAAM Program Briefing/Presentation/Review Discuss Concur [RDC] Processes for AMRAAM Program

• Acquisition Duties equated to 90% of overall assigned tasks, Training equated to remaining 10% of time

• Accomplished Contract Acquisition Level III Certification and Program Management Level I Certification

• Promoted to GS-12 and transferred from Tinker AFB to Eglin AFB in March 2002

DoD OC-ALC/LADCB Tinker AFB OK Oklahoma City, OK 08/18/1998 - 03/15//2002 Title: Buyer/Contract Negotiator

Supervisor: Thomas C. Barron [OC-ALC/LADCB] [405] 739-5453 Pay Grade: GS-7/9/11-1102; Outstanding Scholar Program – Salary: $45K per year; Hours per week: 40

• Contract Preparation/Negotiations for B-52 Missile Parts and Engineering Services Acquisitions [i.e., during negotiations of the Engineering Services contract [T&M contract type], evaluated the contractor’s cost and pricing data with the use of weighted guidelines and other cost analysis methodology resulting in a fair and reasonable price determination for the Government]

• Proficient in Federal Government Presentations/Briefings/Pre & Post Award Conferences for B-52 Missiles Program

• Acquisition duties equated to 90% of overall assigned tasks; training equated to the remaining 10% of time

• Accomplished Contracting Acquisition Level II Certification and Program Management Level I Certification

• Hired as an Outstanding Scholar under the 7/9/11 Program as GS-7 Level - Promoted to GS11 Level in two (2) years

EDUCATION: University of Central Oklahoma, Major: Criminal Justice, Minor: Psychology, Degree: Masters in Criminal Justice Admin & Mgmt, Semester: 36,GPA: 3.8, 2001

University of Oklahoma, Major: Sociology, Minor: Psychology, Degree: Bachelor of Arts Degree, Semester: 83, GPA: 3.7, 1994

Del Mar College, Major: Criminal Justice, Minor: Psychology, Semester: 30, GPA: 3.8, 1992

Rose State Junior College, Major: No, Minor: General Studies, Semester: 30, GPA: 3.6, 1986

High School Graduate, 1985

• SPECIALIZED TRAINING:

CON 101 [25 Oct-20 Nov 1998]

CON 104 [01-18 Dec 1998]

CON 202 [7-25 Mar 1999]

CON 204 [7-18 Jun 1999]

CON 210 [10-20 Aug 1999]

CON 301 [2-6 Jun 2003]

CON 333 [18-23 May 2003]

ACQ 102/201 [29 Dec 2000 - 02 Feb 2001]

Contract Law Course 04-7019 [Law 801] [1-5 Dec 2003]

AF System & Logistics Course [20-22 Aug 2003] [SAM-OC]

Security Assistance Course [30 Jul - 01 Aug 2003]

Squadron Officer School (SOS) In-Residence Program [11 Sep – 13 Oct 2006]

• LICENSES/CERTIFICATES/WARRANTS:

DoD Contracting Acquisition Level I Certification [30 Jun 2000]

DoD Contracting Acquisition Level II Certification [30 Nov 2000]

DoD Contracting Acquisition Level III Certification [25 Jun 2003]

DHS Contracting Acquisition Level III Certification [22 Mar 2007]

Federal Acquisition Certification [FAC-C] – Level III [8 Sep 2008]

DoD Contracting/Acquisition Level I Program Management Certification [Feb 2001]

DoD SSBI – Secret Clearance Certificate of Appointment as a Warranted Contracting Officer [Sep2010] - $15M Certificate of Appointment as a Warranted Contracting Officer [Oct 2014] - $15M

• HONORS/AWARDS:

Letter of Appreciation [Feb 2002]

Certification of Appreciation [07 Apr 2003] AAC/PK

Letter of Appreciation [23 Apr 2003] AAC/PK

Contracting Directive Blue Ribbon Award [31 Jul 2003] AAC/YA

Achievement Quarterly Award [Jul-Sep 2003] AAC/YA

Innovation Team Quarterly Award [Oct-Dec 2003]

10th Contracting Division Profession of the Quarter - Third Quarter 2005 [Jul-Sep 2005]

Numerous letters of appreciation/”kudos” for excellent customer service and expeditious award of large dollar contract actions throughout 4th Quarters of Calendar Years 2008 & 2009 Since transfer to CG C4IT SC in Feb 2010, several “letters of appreciation”, performance awards, and “acknowledged kudos” have been awarded for meeting/exceeding milestones, savings to Government, and resolution of contractual issues, promoted to GS-14 in December 2014

• OTHER SKILLS:

Typing Speed: 100 wpm; Transcription from Dictation: 40 wpm

Proficient in presentations/briefings to SPDs/PEOs/Staff Mtgs/ to include ASPs/Pre/Post Award Conferences

Proficient in acquisition procedures to include Acquisition Strategies/Plans, Pre-Planning Conferences, Integrated Procurement Planning Teams/processes/reviews; significant experience in "cradle to grave" acquisition processes and program management tasks and assignments

Proficient in automated systems: compilation/storing/manipulation of procurement data to generate reports

Proficient in integrated/interfaced automated systems to include: CIMS, WINS, APFS, FPD, FPDS-NG, WAWF, Procurement Desktop [PD2] and ConWrite to solicit/award/administer/report contracts/obligate funds

Significant experience with automated software to include: Word/WordPerfect/Excel/ Access/PowerPoint

REFERENCES

TISCOM Acting Branch Chief from August 2015 to March 2018

Nannette Cicolini

ac6rtj@r.postjobfree.com

757-***-**** Work

757-***-**** Cell

CG C4ITSC Chief of Contracting Office (COCO) from January 2010 to August 2015

Andrew B. Jernell

ac6rtj@r.postjobfree.com

301-***-**** home

703-***-**** cell

I have worked for the C4ITSC since 2010 and request that both references be contacted as they were my direct supervisors over the last 3 to 5 years. Mr. Jernell especially requested to be contacted as a business reference.

I would prefer that you do not contact my current supervisor.



Contact this candidate