VLADIMIR B. MOURAVIEV MD, PhD
Staff Urologist, Central Florida Cancer Institute
Associate Professor of Urology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32827
Cell Phone: 919-***-****
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education/Training (Begin with baccalaureate or other initial professional education, such as nursing, and include postdoctoral training.)
INSTITUTION AND LOCATION
FIELD OF STUDY
Clinical Fellowship, Bladder Health and Reconstructive Urology Institute, Memorial Hospital Miramar, Miramar, FL, U.S.A.
Reconstructive Urology, Female Urology and Voiding Dysfunction
Clinical Fellowship, Urology Div., Dept. of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, U.S.A.
Endourology, Urologic Oncology, General Urology, Robotics
Research Fellowship, Div. of Urologic Surgery, Dept. of Surgery, Duke Medical University Center, Durham, NC, U.S.A.
Clinical Fellowship, Fellow of the National Cancer Institute of Canada, Dept. of Urology, University of British Columbia, Canada
Post-doctoral Research Fellowship at Scott Dept. of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
PhD program at the KMMA, St. Petersburg, Russia
Traumatic urology and pathology
Residency program in urology at the KMMA, St. Petersburg, Russia
KMMA, St. Petersburg, Russia, Internship
General and Military Surgery
Medical School, Kirov Military Medical Academy (KMMA), Saint Petersburg, Russia
High School No.17, Saransk, Russia
Completed with distinction, awarded by gold medal
11/16- present Staff Urologist, Associate Professor of Urology
Central Florida Cancer Institute (CEO/President R.Heysek MD), Davenport, FL; University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, FL
11/15- 11/16 Director of Clinical Research
Bladder Health and Reconstructive Urology Institute (Director- A.Gousse MD), Miramar, FL
01/15- 11/15 Director of Clinical Research, Assistant Professor of Urology
Global Robotics Institute (Medical Director V. Patel MD), Florida Hospital, Celebration, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, FL
10/12- 01/15 Director of Clinical Research
Associated Medical Professionals of NY, PLLC, (Medical Director D.Albala MD), Syracuse, NY
07/10- 06/12 Clinical Instructor
Division of Urology (Chair J. Donovan MD) /Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
09/09-06/10 Senior Research Scientist, Director of Duke Prostate Center Outcome Database
Division of Urologic Surgery (Chair J. Moul MD,FACS), Department of Surgery
Duke Medical University Center, Durham, NC, U.S.A.
07/07-08/09 Research Scientist
Division of Urologic Surgery (Chair J. Moul MD,FACS), Department of Surgery
Duke Medical University Center, Durham, NC, U.S.A.
09/99-12/00 Observer& Research Assistant
Division of Urology [Chair J. Chin MD,FRCS(C)], The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
03/94-08/99 Senior Surgeon & Urologist
Urological Unit, Clinical Hospital of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Surgical Dept., St. Petersburg, Russia
09/87-02/94 Senior Surgeon-Urologist, Assistant Professor (1993)
Urological Unit of Military Surgical Dept., Kirov Military Medical Academy (KMMA), St. Petersburg, Russia
09/84-09/87 Urologist and Professor's Adjunct
Urological Unit of the Military Surgical Dept., St. Petersburg, Russia KMMA
09/81-08/84 Military Surgeon
Military Hospitals, Red Army, Russia
08/80-09/81 Military Physician
Expeditionary Force, Red Army, Russia
08/88-09/88 Urological Dept. of Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden (Chair Prof. P. Ekman) – Scholarship of European School of Urology in Urological Oncology, General and Endourology
08/97 Urological Dept. of Medical Academy, Bydgoszcz, Poland (Chair Prof.Z.Wolski)- Training in General and Endourology
10/94-03/95 Urological Dept. of the Barmherzigen Munich Hospital, Munich, Germany (Chair Prof.J. Altwein)- Training in General Urology, Endourology and Urological Oncology
05/94-07/94 Dusseldorf University Urol. Dept., Dusseldorf, Germany (Chair Prof. R.Ackerman)- Training in Urological Oncology, General and Endourology
06/93 Vienna University Urology Dept., Vienna, Austria (Chair Prof.M.Marberger)- Training in Urological Oncology, General and Endourology
Editorial, advisory board, academic positions
2018- present Assistant Professor of Urology, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, FL
2018- present Sectional Editor of Infection in Urology, Ground Rounds in Urology, e-journal
2015-present Chair of Communication Committee, International Society of Robotic Surgery
2015-present Consultant and Member of Advisory Board, 3D Biopsy Inc.
2010-present Member, Advisory Board of national cryosurgical database COLD Registry (Project leader- Dr. J.S. Jones)
2015-2018 Assistant Professor of Urology, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, FL
2015-2016 Member, Advisory Board of Earth Blue Inc.
2013-present Associate editor, Journal of Robotic Surgery
2013-2016 Ad hoc reviewer, Prostate Cancer
2012-2017 Research consultant, US HIFU/Sonacare
2012-2016 Ad hoc reviewer, Asian Journal of Andrology
2011-2016 Ad hoc reviewer, International Journal of Urology
2011-2016 Member, In Tech’s Scientific Board in Urologic Oncology
2009-2017 Ad hoc reviewer, British Journal of Urology International
2005-2009 Proctor for animal hands-on cryoablation course for Galil Medical at the Duke Center of Excellence in Cryosurgery
2005-2010 Member, Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center Prostate Cancer
2005-present Ad hoc reviewer, Journal of Urology
2005-present Supervisor and Mentor for medical students, residents and fellows
2005-present Ad hoc reviewer, Urology
2005-2016 Ad hoc reviewer, European Urology
2004-2010 Ad hoc reviewer, Prostate Cancer Prostate Diseases
2004-2010 Ad hoc reviewer, Urologic Oncology
2017-2109 Active license No. 289086-1 to practice urology in New York State, U.S.A.
2014-2019 Active license No. ME 122470 to practice urology in Florida, U.S.A.
2010-2012 Temporary training certificate of State Medical Board of Ohio, U.S.A.
2002-2005Temporary certificate to practice medicine in British Columbia, Canada
1987-1999 Urology Board certificate to practice Urological Surgery in Russia (last renewal of 1997)
1996 High qualification in urology (St. Petersburg, Russia)
1996 High qualification in surgery (St. Petersburg, Russia)
Selected Honors and Awards:
2017 Late-Breaking Abstract plenary presentation at the annual AUA meeting in Boston, MA
2016 Best abstract at the annual AUA meeting in San Diego, CA
2012 2nd Place in the Clinical Category of Annual Essay Contest of the Endourological Society
2011 3rd Place in the Basic Science Category of Annual Essay Contest of the Endourological Society
2008 Best poster presentation at the 2008 Annual Meeting of Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, March 10, 2008, Durham, NC
2008 Best poster presentation at the Annual Conference “Advances and Controversies in Cryotherapy”, February 2-4, 2008, Bonaventure, FL
2005-2007 2-year Oncura Inc. Scholarship in cryosurgery of prostate and kidney cancer at Duke Center of Excellence in Cryosurgery
1998 Scholarship in Oncological Urology at Urology Department of Karolinska hospital in Stockholm, Sweden, awarded by European Board of Urology
1987 Best Presentation of the Year at Pirogov Surgical Society of St. Petersburg, Russia, 1988
Professional associations active membership
2018-present Vice-Chair of Society of Infection and Inflammation in Urology (SIIU) of American Urological Association (AUA)
2018-present Associate member of AUA
2018-present Member of South Eastern Section of AUA
2018-present Associate member of Society of Infection in Urology, European Association of Urology (EAU)
2018-present Associate member of Society of Imaging in Urology, EAU
2000- 2005 Associate member of Canadian Urological Association
2000- 2010 Member of Society of Cryobiology
2000-2002 Associate member of American Association for Cancer Research
1998- 2002 Member of American Society of Cryosurgery
1994- 2000 Member of European Association of Urology (EAU)
1994- 2000 National Communication Officer at European Society of Residents in Urology (ESRU) of European Association of Urology
Organizing and scientific activity in the international meetings
2015 Member of Scientific Committee of 47th annual meeting of Florida Urological Society, Orlando, FL
2013 Member of Scientific Committee of 3rd Montreal conference on Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Montreal, Canada, Dec. 6-7, 2013
2012 Member of Scientific Committee of 2nd Montreal conference on Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Montreal, Canada, Dec. 7-8, 2012
2011 Co-Chair of International Symposium on diagnosis and minimally invasive treatment of kidney and prostate cancer in Moscow, Russia, Mar. 24-25, 2011
2010 Member of Organizing and Scientific Committee of 3rd International symposium on focal therapy and imaging of prostate and kidney cancer in Washington, DC, Feb. 24-27, 2010
2009 Member of Organizing and Scientific Committee of 2nd International symposium on focal therapy and imaging of prostate and kidney cancer in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 10-13, 2009
2008Member of Organizing and Scientific Committee of 1st International symposium on focal therapy and imaging of prostate cancer at Duke, Durham, Feb. 21-22, 2008
1998Local Organizing Chairman of international symposium of the European School of Urology “Hormone refractory prostate cancer”, June 16, 1998, St. Petersburg, Russia
1997Course co-director of International Workshop on cryosurgery for localized prostate cancer, June 9-10, 1997, St. Petersburg, Russia
Visiting Professor Presentations:
2014 Oslo Cancer Cluster and Oslo University Urological Department (Chair Prof. T.E.B.Johansen)
1997 Urological Dept. of Medical Academy, Bydgoszcz, Poland (Prof.Z.Wolski)
1992 Vienna University Urology Dept., Vienna, Austria (Chair Prof.M.Marberger)
1.REFEREED PUBLICATIONS (122)
1. Stone NN, Mouraviev V, Schechter D, Lucia MS, Smith EE, Arangua P, Hoenemeyer J, Rosa J, Bawa R, Crawford ED. The 3DBiopsy Prostate Biopsy System: Preclinical Investigation of a Needle, Actuator, and Specimen Collection Device Allowing Sampling of Individualized Prostate Lengths Between 20 and 60 mm. Urology. 2017 Sep;107:257-261. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.05.046. Epub 2017 Jun 7. PMID: 28601561.
2. Nyame YA, Elshafei A, Greene DJ, Arora HC, Given RW, Tay KJ, Polascik TJ, Ross AE, Mouraviev VB, Lugnani F, Jones JS. Prostate Specific Antigen Nadir of 0.1 or Less is a Predictor of Treatment Success in Men Undergoing Salvage Whole Prostate Gland Cryoablation. J Endourol. 2017 May;31(5):497-501. doi: 10.1089/end.2016.0715.PMID:28437170.
3. Chander AC, Manak MS, Varsanik JS, Hogan BJ, Mouraviev V, Zappala SM, Sant GR, Albala DM. Rapid and Short-term Extracellular Matrix-mediated in Vitro Culturing of Tumor and Nontumor Human Primary Prostate Cells From Fresh Radical Prostatectomy Tissue. Urology. 2017 Jul;105:91-100. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.03.029. Epub 2017 Mar 29. 2836535.
4. Stone NN, Mouraviev V, Schechter D, Goetz J, Lucia MS, Smith EE, Crawford ED. Deflection Analysis of Different Needle Designs for Prostate Biopsy and Focal Therapy. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2016 Oct 5. pii: 1533034616671007. [Epub ahead of print].
5. Schommer E, Patel VR, Mouraviev V, Thomas C, Thiel DD. Diffusion of Robotic Technology Into Urologic Practice has Led to Improved Resident Physician Robotic Skills. J Surg Educ. 2016 Jul 31. pii: S1931-7204(16)30075-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2016.06.006. [Epub ahead of print].
6. Kumar A, Samavedi S, Bates AS, Mouraviev V, Coelho RF, Rocco B, Patel VR. Safety of selective nerve sparing in high risk prostate cancer during robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Robot Surg. 2016 Jul 19. [Epub ahead of print].
7.Kumar A, Tandon S, Samavedi S, Mouraviev V, Bates AS, Patel VR. Current status of various neurovascular bundle-sparing techniques in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Robot Surg. 2016 Sep;10(3):187-200. doi: 10.1007/s11701-016-0607-7. Review.
8.Kumar A, Samavedi S, Mouraviev V, Bates AS, Coelho RF, Rocco B, Patel VR. Predictive factors and oncological outcomes of persistently elevated prostate-specific antigen in patients following robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Robot Surg. 2016 May 31. [Epub ahead of print].
9.Pieczonka CM, Telonis D, Mouraviev V, Albala D. Sipuleucel-T for the Treatment of Patients With Metastatic Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer: Considerations for Clinical Practice.Rev Urol. 2015;17(4):203-10.
10.Mouraviev V, Klein M, Schommer E, Thiel DD, Samavedi S, Kumar A, Leveillee RJ, Thomas R, Pow-Sang JM, Su LM, Mui E, Smith R, Patel V. Urology residents experience comparable workload profiles when performing live porcine nephrectomies and robotic surgery virtual reality training modules. J Robot Surg. 2016 Mar;10(1):49-56. doi: 10.1007/s11701-015-0540-1.
11.Mouraviev V, Lee B, Patel V, Albala D, Johansen TE, Partin A, Ross A, Perera RJ. Clinical prospects of long noncoding RNAs as novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets in prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2015 2016 Mar;19(1):14-20. doi: 10.1038/pcan.2015.48. Review.
12.Tay KJ, Polascik TJ, Elshafei A, Cher ML, Given RW, Mouraviev V, Ross AE, Jones JS. Primary cryotherapy for high-grade clinically localized prostate cancer: Oncologic and functional outcomes from the COLD Registry J Endourol. 2016 Jan.30(1):43-8.
13.Bienz M, Hueber PA, Trudeau V, Alenizi AM, Valdivieso R, Alom M, Balbay MD, Canda AE, Mouraviev V, Albala DM, El-Hakim A, Trinh QD, Latour M, Saad F, Zorn KC. Prevalence and risk factors of contralateral extraprostatic extension in men undergoing radical prostatectomy for unilateral disease at biopsy: A global multi-institutional experience.Can Urol Assoc J. 2015 Jul-Aug;9(7-8):E434-8. doi: 10.5489/cuaj.2786.
14.Elshafei A, Kovac E, Dhar N, Levy D, Polascik T, Mouraviev V, Yu C, Jones JS. A pretreatment nomogram for prediction of biochemical failure after primary cryoablation of the prostate. Prostate. 2015 Sep;75(13):1447-53.
15. Bates AS, Samavedi S, Kumar A, Mouraviev V, Rocco B, Coelho R, Palmer K, Patel VR. Salvage robot assisted radical prostatectomy: A propensity matched study of perioperative, oncological and functional outcomes. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2015 Nov;41(11):1540-6.
16.Telonis D, Mouraviev V. Editorial comment to Manually controlled targeted prostate biopsy with real-time fusion imaging of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging and transrectal ultrasound: an early experience.Int J Urol. 2015 Feb;22(2):178-9.
17. Mouraviev V, Mariados N, Albala D, Concepcion RS, Shore ND, Sims RB, Emberton M, Pieczonka CM. The Rationale for Optimal Combination Therapy With Sipuleucel-T for Patients With Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Rev Urol. 2014;16(3):122-30.
18. Mouraviev V. Editorial comment. Urology. 2014 Sep;84(3):639-40.
19.Aleksic I, Luthringer T, Mouraviev V., Albala D. Current Status of Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection in prostate cancer in prostate cancer. J Robotic Surgery.2014; 8: 1-6.
20.James H III, Aleksic I, Bienz MN, Pieczonka CM, Albala D, Iannotta P, Mariados NF, Mouraviev V., Saad F. Comparison of FRAX score to bone mineral density for estimating fracture risk in patients with advanced prostate cancer on androgen-deprivation therapy. Urology, 2014, 81.
21. Luthringer TA, Aleksic I, Mouraviev V., Albala D. PSA Screening for the African American Male: When and Why? J Men’s Health. 2013,10: 86-90.
22.Spiess PE., Levy DA., Mouraviev V., Pisters LL., Jones JS. Predictors of biochemical failure in patients undergoing prostate whole-gland salvage cryotherapy: a novel risk stratification model. BJUI.2013, 112:E256-61.
23.Spiess PE., Levy DA., Mouraviev V., Pisters LL., Jones JS. Outcomes of salvage prostate cryotherapy stratified by pre-treatment PSA: update from COLD registry. World J.Urol.2013, 31:1321-25.
24.Mouraviev V. Verma S., Kalyanaraman B., Zhai QJ, Gaitonde K., Donovan JF. The feasibility of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging for targeted biopsy using novel navigation system to detect early stage prostate cancer: the preliminary experience. J.Endourol.2013 Jul;27:820-825.
25.Fu Q, Moul JW, Bañez LL, Sun L, Mouraviev V., Xie D, Polascik TJ. Preoperative predictors of pathologic stage T2a and pathologic Gleason score 6 in men clinical low-risk prostate cancer treated with radical prostatectomy: reference for active surveillance. Med Oncol. 2013 Mar;30:326-30.
26.Mouraviev V., Spiess PE, Jones JS. Salvage cryoablation for locally recurrent prostate cancer following primary radiotherapy. Eur Urol. 2012 Jun;61(6):1204-11.
27.Fu Q, Moul JW, Bañez LL, Sun L, Mouraviev V., Xie D, Polascik TJ. Preoperative predictors of pathologic stage T2a in low-risk prostate cancer: Implications for focal therapy. Urol. Int. 2012; 89:296-300.
28.Koontz BF, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Sun L, Vujaskovic Z, Moul J, Lee WR. Impact of Primary Gleason Grade on Risk Stratification for Gleason Score 7 Prostate Cancers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Jan;82:200-3.
29. Fu Q, Moul JW, Bañez LL, Sun L, Mouraviev V., Xie D, Polascik TJ. Association between percentage of tumor involvement and Gleason score upgrading in low-risk prostate cancer. Med Oncol. 2012 Dec; 29:3339-44.
30.Verma S, Rajesh A, Prasad SR, Gaitonde K, Lall CG, Mouraviev V., Aeron G, Bracken RB, Sandrasegaran K. Urinary bladder cancer: role of MR imaging. Radiographics. 2012 Mar-Apr;32(2):371-87.
31.Caso JR, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V., Kimura M and Polascik TJ. Complications and postoperative events after cryosurgery for prostate cancer. BJU Int. 2012 Mar;109:840-5.
32.Tsivian M, Wright T, Price M, Mouraviev V, Madden JF, Kimura M, Wong T, Polascik TJ. 111-In-capromab pendetide imaging using hybrid-gamma camera-computer tomography technology is not reliable in detecting seminal vesicle invasion in patients with prostate cancer. Urol Oncol. 2012;30:150-156.
33. Baust JM, Klossner DP, Robilotto A., Vambuskirk RG, Gage AA, Mouraviev V., Polascik TJ and Baust JG. Vitamin D(3) cryosensitization increases prostate cancer susceptibility to cryoablation via mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis and necrosis. BJU Int. 2012 Mar;109:949-58.
34. Caso JR, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ Predicting biopsy-proven prostate cancer recurrence following cryosurgery. Urol Oncol. 2012;30:391-5.
35. Tsivian M, Moreira DM, Sun L, Mouraviev V, Kimura M, Moul JW, Polascik TJ. Biopsy accuracy in identifying unilateral prostate cancer depends on prostate weight. Urol Oncol. 2012;30:21-5.
36.Mouraviev V, Villers A, Bostwick DG, Wheeler TM, Montironi R, Polascik TJ. Understanding the pathological features of focality, grade and tumour volume of early-stage prostate cancer as a foundation for parenchyma-sparing prostate cancer therapies: active surveillance and focal targeted therapy. BJU Int. 2011 Oct: 108:1074-85.
37. Tsivian M, Zilberman DE, Ferrandino MN, Madden JF, Mouraviev V, Albala DM. Apical surgical margins status in robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy does not depend on disease characteristics. J Endourol. 2011, Nov; 3:1420-4.
38. Mouraviev V, Kimura M, Venkatraman T, Tsivian M, Mouravieva V, Batinic-Haberle I, Polascik TJ, Wang H, Lascola C. Mn-Porphyrins as Novel Molecular MRI Contrast Agents.J Endourol. 2011 Nov;25:1420-24.
39. Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ. New Frontiers in Imaging and Focal Therapy: Highlights From the Third International Symposium on Focal Therapy and Imaging of Prostate and Kidney Cancer, February 24-27, 2010, Washington, DC. Rev Urol. 2011;13(2):104-11.
40.Tsivian M, Moreira DM, Caso JR, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ. Cigarette Smoking Is Associated With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2011 May 20;29(15):2027-31.
41.Kimura M, Donatucci CF, Tsivian M, Caso JR, Moreira DM, Mouraviev V, Satoh T, Baba S, Polascik TJ. On-demand use of erectile aids in men with preoperative erectile dysfunction treated by whole gland prostate cryoablation. Int J Impot Res. 2011 Mar 3;23(2):49-55.
42. Santucci KL, Snyder KK, Baust JM, Van Buskirk RG, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Gage AA, Baust JG. Use of 1,25α dihydroxyvitamin D3 as a cryosensitizing agent in a murine prostate cancer model. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2011 Jun;14(2):97-104.
43. D'Amico AV, Chen MH, Sun L, Lee WR, Mouraviev V, Robertson CN, Walther PJ, Polascik TJ, Albala DM, Moul JW. Adjuvant versus salvage radiation therapy for prostate cancer and the risk of death. BJU Int. 2010 Dec;106(11):1618-22.
44. Caire AA, Sun L, Lack BD, Lum K, Tang P, Stackhouse DA, Robertson CN, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Albala DM, Moul JW. Predicting non-organ-confined prostate cancer in men diagnosed after 2000. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010 Sep;13(3):248-51.
45. de la Rosette J, Ahmed H, Barentsz J, Johansen TB, Brausi M, Emberton M, Frauscher F, Greene D, Harisinghani M, Haustermans K, Heidenreich A, Kovacs G, Mason M, Montironi R, Mouraviev V, de Reijke T, Taneja S, Thuroff S, Tombal B, Trachtenberg J, Wijkstra H, Polascik T. Focal therapy in prostate cancer-report from a consensus panel. J Endourol. 2010 May;24(5):775-80.
46. Caso JR, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Moul JW. Pathological T2 sub-divisions as a prognostic factor in the biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer. BJU Int. 2010 Dec;106(11):1623-7.
47. Zhai L, Madden J, Foo WC, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Palmeri ML, Nightingale KR.
Characterizing stiffness of human prostates using acoustic radiation force. Ultrason. Imaging. 2010 Oct;32(4):201-13.
48. Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Albala DM, Caso JR, Robertson CN, Madden JF, Polascik TJ.
Clinical predictors of renal mass pathological features. BJU Int. 2011 Mar;107(5):735-40.
49. Yong DZ, Tsivian M, Zilberman DE, Ferrandino MN, Mouraviev V, Albala DM.
Predictors of prolonged operative time during robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.BJU Int. 2011 Jan;107(2):280-2.
50. Tsivian M, Chen VH, Kim CY, Zilberman DE, Mouraviev V, Nelson RC, Albala DM, Polascik TJ. Complications of laparoscopic and percutaneous renal cryoablation in a single tertiary referral center. Eur Urol. 2010 Jul;58(1):142-7.
51.Mouraviev V. Editorial comment. J Urol. 2010 Nov;184(5):1969-70.
52.Kimura M, Rabbani Z, Mouraviev V, Tsivian M, Vujaskovic Z, Satoh T, Baba S, Baust JM, Baust JG, Polascik TJ. Morphology of hypoxia following cryoablation in a prostate cancer murine model: its relationship to necrosis, apoptosis and, microvessel density. Cryobiology. 2010 Aug;61(1):148-54.
53. Kimura M, Rabbani Z, Mouraviev V, Tsivian M, Caso J, Satoh T, Baba S, Vujaskovic Z, Baust JM, Baust JG, Polascik TJ. Role of vitamin D(3) as a sensitizer to cryoablation in a murine prostate cancer model: preliminary in vivo study. Urology. 2010 Sep;76(3):764
54.Caso JR, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Moul JW. Pathological T2 sub-divisions as a prognostic factor in the biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer. BJU Int. 2010 Dec;106(11):1623-7.
55.D'Amico AV, Chen MH, Sun L, Lee WR, Mouraviev V, Robertson CN, Walther PJ, Polascik TJ, Albala DM, Moul JW. Adjuvant versus salvage radiation therapy for prostate cancer and the risk of death. BJU Int. 2010 Dec;106(11):1618-22.
56.Mouraviev V, Johansen TE, Polascik TJ. Contemporary results of focal therapy for prostate cancer using cryoablation. J Endourol. 2010 May;24(5):827-34.
57.Tsivian M, Hruza M, Mouraviev V, Rassweiler J, Polascik TJ. Prostate biopsy in selecting candidates for hemiablative focal therapy. J Endourol. 2010 May;24(5):849-53
58.Caso JR, Mouraviev V, Tsivian M, Polascik TJ, Moul JW. Prostate cancer: an evolving paradigm. J Endourol. 2010 May;24(5):805-9.
59.Tsivian M, Chen VH, Kim CY, Zilberman DE, Mouraviev V, Nelson RC, Albala DM, Polascik TJ. Complications of laparoscopic and percutaneous renal cryoablation in a single tertiary referral center. Eur Urol. 2010 Jul;58(1):142-7.
60.Zhai L, Madden J, Foo WC, Palmeri ML, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Nightingale KR. Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging of human prostates ex vivo. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2010 Apr;36(4):576-88..
61.Tsivian M, Moreira DM, Caso JR, Mouraviev V., Madden JF, Bratslavsky G, Robertson CN, Albala DM, Polascik TJ. Predicting occult multifocality of renal cell carcinoma.Eur Urol. 2010 Jul;58(1):118-26.
62.Uhlman MA, Sun L, Stackhouse DA, Polascik TJ, Mouraviev V, Robertson CN, Albala DM, Moul JW. Tumor percent involvement predicts prostate specific antigen recurrence after radical prostatectomy only in men with smaller prostate.J Urol. 2010 Mar;183(3):997-1001.
63.Baust JG, Klossner DP, Vanbuskirk RG, Gage AA, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ, Baust JM. Integrin involvement in freeze resistance of androgen-insensitive prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010 Jun;13(2):151-61.
64.Tsivian M, Mayes JM, Krupski TL, Mouraviev V, Donatucci CF, Polascik TJ. Altered male physiologic function after surgery for prostate cancer: couple perspective. Int Braz J Urol. 2009 Nov-Dec;35(6):673-82.
65.Kimura M, Mouraviev V, Tsivian M, Moreira DM, Mayes JM, Polascik TJ. Analysis of urinary function using validated instruments and uroflowmetry after primary and salvage prostate cryoablation. Urology. 2010 Nov;76(5):1258-65.
66.Tsivian M, Lyne JC, Mayes JM, Mouraviev V., Polascik TJ. Tumor size and endophytic growth pattern affect recurrence rates after laparoscopic renal cryoablation. Urology. 2010 Feb;75(2):307-10.
67.Tsivian M, Kimura M, Sun L, Mouraviev V., Mayes JM, Polascik TJ. Predicting unilateral prostate cancer on routine diagnostic biopsy: sextant vs. extended. BJU Int. 2010;105:1089-92.
68.Kimura M, Mouraviev V., Tsivian M, Mayes JM, Satoh T, Polascik TJ. Current salvage methods for recurrent prostate cancer after failure of primary radiotherapy. BJU Int. 2010 Jan;105(2):191-201.
69.Kimura M, Tsivian M, Mouraviev V, Mayes JM, Price MM, Bannister MC, Madden JF, Wong TZ, Polascik TJ. Utilization of (111) In-Capromab pendetide SPECT-CT for detecting seminal vesicle invasion with recurrent prostate cancer after primary in situ therapy. Int J Urol. 2009 Dec;16(12):971-5..
70.Polascik TJ, Mouraviev V. Focal therapy for prostate cancer is a reasonable treatment option in properly selected patients. Urology. 2009 Oct;74(4):726-30
71.Tsivian M, Sun L, Mouraviev V., Madden JF, Mayes JM, Moul JW, Polascik TJ.
Changes in Gleason score grading and their effect in predicting outcome after radical prostatectomy. Urology. 2009 Nov;74(5):1090-3.
71.Mouraviev V, Madden J.F., Broadwater G, Mayes J.M., Burchette J..L, Schneider F, Smith J, Tsivian M, Wong T, Polascik T.J. Use of 111in-capromab pendetide immunoscintigraphy to image localized prostate cancer foci within the prostate gland. J Urol. 2009 Sep;182(3):938-47.
72.Branca R.T., Chen Y.M., Mouraviev V., Galiana G., Jenista ER., Kumar C, Leuschner C., Warren W.S. iDQC anisotropy map imaging for tumor tissue characterization in vivo. Magn Reson Med. 2009 Apr;61:937-43.
73.Mayes J.M, Mouraviev V., Tsivian M, Krupski T.L, Donatucci C.F., Polascik T.J.
Concordance in the perception of couples recovering from primary surgical treatment of prostate cancer. Int J Impot Res. 2009 Jul-Aug;21(4):253-60.
74.Caire A.A., Sun L, Ode O, Stackhouse DA, Maloney K, Donatucci C, Mouraviev V., Polascik TJ, Robertson CN, Albala DM, Moul JW. Delayed prostate-specific antigen recurrence after radical prostatectomy: how to identify and what are their clinical outcomes? Urology. 2009 Sep;74(3):643-7.
75.Chen VH, Mouraviev V, Mayes JM, Sun L, Madden JF, Moul J.W, Polascik J. Utility of a 3-dimensional transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy system for prostate cancer detection. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2009 Apr;8(2):99-104.
76.Mouraviev V., Madden J.F. Focal therapy for prostate cancer: pathologic basis. Curr.Opin.Urol.2009; 19(2): 161-167.
77.Mouraviev V, Mayes JM, Polascik TJ. Pathological background and its clinical implications for focal therapy of early detected prostate cancer. Nature. Clinical Practice Urol.,2009;. 6(4):205-15.
78.Moul J, Mouraviev V., Sun L, Schroeck FR, Polascik TJ. Prostate cancer: new landscape. Curr.Opin.Urol.2009; 19(2): 154-160.
79.De la Rosette J, Mouraviev V., Polascik T. Focal targeted therapy will be a future treatment modality for early stage prostate cancer. Eur.Urol.Suppl. 2009, 8: 424-432.
80.Mayes JM, Mouraviev V, Sun L, Madden JF, Polascik TJ. Can the conventional sextant biopsy reliably diagnose unilateral prostate cancer in low-risk, localized prostate cancer? Urol. Oncol. 2009, 29:166-70.
81.Polascik TJ.,Mayes JM, Mouraviev V. Nerve-sparing focal cryoablation of prostate cancer. Curr.Opin.Urol.2009, 19(2): 182-187.
82.Polascik TJ, Mayes JM, Sun L, Madden JF, Moul JW, Mouraviev V. Pathologic stage T2a and T2b prostate cancer in the recent prostate-specific antigen era: implications for unilateral ablative therapy. Prostate. 2008 Sep 15, 68(13):1380-6.
83.Polascik TJ.,Mayes JM and Mouraviev V, et al. Evolution of whole gland cryosurgery to focal ablative therapy for the treatment of localized prostate cancer using third generation cryotechnology. Oncology (Williston Park). 2008, 22(8):900-6.
84.Mayes JM, Mouraviev V, Polascik TJ. Impact of a cryotherapy training workshop on the adoption and utilization of cryotherapy in the community setting. Can J Urol. 2008: 15(4):4147-52.