Rebecca Danielle Chiartas
West Virginia University, Reed College of Media West Virginia University Bachelor of Science, Journalism May 2018
Mon Hills Record, PR Manager, Morgantown WV Spring 2017-May 2018
• Lead the PR team through necessary tasks
• Develop press releases, feature stories, radio PSA’s to be sent to media and news sources.
• Develop relevant interview questions specific to the artists and complete interviews, creating artist bios for the website and marketing purposes.
• Create a MailChimp to reach all relevant news, media, blog and review site personnel. Soil Life, Intern, Davis CA Spring 2017-Present
• Develop a communications and marketing plan, using goals and objectives to decipher the best way to reach our message to the target audience.
• Helped in the design of the layout of the website, making it aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.
• Use of social media, such as Instagram and Facebook to reach the target audience and communicate the message with the masses.
Marketing Intern, Hooked App, Morgantown WV Fall 2016-Spring 2017
• Arrange events with companies and businesses.
• Develop a vast understanding of social media to communicate the perks of the app with the surrounding community.
• Market the application around campus to gain followers. ACHIEVEMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
Instagram Blogger, Content Creator Fall 2015-Present
• Daily food, recipe and/or meal prep posts.
• Build, engage and maintain an audience.
Alpha Phi, Sister and Director of PR and Advertising Fall 2014-May 2018
• Created and managed a website to serve as a hub of all information of our chapter for potential new members, alumni and parents.
• Establish a following for potential new members through social media and the website. Odyssey, Content Contributor/Writer Fall 2015-Fall 2017
• Engaged college community and personal network through creative writing and visual storytelling.
Discovery Communications, Volunteer, Silver Spring MD Spring 2014
• Assist events such as take your child to work day and say ‘Yes’ to the prom RELEVANT COURSE WORK
Class in Strategic Communications Campaigns Fall 2017
• Case Study: Gardening for Good
• Created, implemented and evaluated a cause marketing campaign to build awareness and increase funding and donations to the Rainelle Agricultural Learning Center
Served as the Media and Community Relations Director Class in Audience Insight and Analysis Spring 2017
• Case Study: Amazon Prime Video
• Researched Amazon Prime against their direct and indirect competitors SKILLS:
Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Cloud, Web Design and Proficient in Social Media