Emmanuel Giallousis 330-***-****
As a security professional, I am knowledgeable in information security. Primarily with incident response with containment of an incident, familiarity with the incident response process, as well as the mitigation process. I am trying to decrease incident response time to mitigation. Skills
• Growth opportunities
• Willingness to learn
• Advancement of career
OCTOBER 2017 – PRESENT
Information Security Analyst First Energy Corp - Akron, OH Incident response and network monitoring using ArcSight. Malware analysis and computer forensics using EnCase, FTK, Cuckoo, and Kali Linux. Threat detection and intelligence handling utilizing Anomali. Engineering and maintaining a research and analysis environment. Scripting to automate information gathering, file analysis, and data enrichment.
Utilizing ArcSight every day to monitor the network, assets, and backup physical security for First Energy.
• Viewing traffic logs, logins, and VPN logs to detect possible malicious activity.
• Assisting in incident response to prevent, locate, and mitigate potential cyber attacks to critical infrastructure. Create rules and channels to investigate traffic if user visits something potentially malicious.
• Utilize Kali Linux as a sandbox to detonate anything that could be considered malicious.
AUGUST 2017 – SEPTEMBER 2017
IT Technician Butech Bliss - Salem, OH
Driving end user success. Facilitating and supporting end users. Resolving technical roadblocks, troubleshooting complex technical problems or escalate to the proper resources for timely resolution. VoIP, network security, server management, workstation management, smartphone/tablet management, server and workstation virtualization. AUGUST 2017 – SEPTEMBER 2017
Computer Systems Technician Youngstown State University - Youngstown, OH
End user support, hardware support, software support, database management, and server management.
March 2018 – EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE: AUGUST 2018 Bachelor of Science, Cyber Security & Information Assurance Western Governors University - Salt Lake City, UT (Remote) The skills I obtain through academia will allow me to be successful in any cyber-security environment. GPA – 3.5
I will be obtaining the following certifications to graduate:
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Associate of (ISC)2
• Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – Associate of (ISC)2
• Certified Encryption Specialist (EC-Council ECES)
• Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
• Certified Internet Webmaster – Site Development Associate (CIW-SDA)
• Certified Internet Webmaster – Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA)
• A+ (CompTIA)
• Network+ (CompTIA)
• Security+ (CompTIA)
• Project+ (CompTIA)
• IT Operations Specialist (CompTIA)
• Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CompTIA)
• ITIL®1 Foundation
AUGUST 2014 – DECEMBER 2016
Associates of Applied Science, Computer Information Systems Youngstown State University - Youngstown, OH
I have professional experience with Kali Linux tools, creating virtual machines, computer forensics, network security, networking, incident response, and databases. Accomplishments
• Performed forensics for 10+ machines due to possible malicious activity discovery using EnCase and FTK.
• Upon investigation, I discovered several malicious applications (PUA/PUPs) that were considered malware/spyware from Symantec’s official website.
• After the investigation was complete, I re-imaged the machines and sent them back to the users.
• Creating procedures to streamline reoccurring instances that could be investigated very quickly and effectively.