MICHIGAN AVENUE PRIMARY CARE, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Medical/HMO Specialist, Jun 2016 – Present
● Ensured activities related to billing services are provided accurately, timely, and fully documented
● Administered quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with facility
● Provided highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees, and referrals through positive work environment
● Ensuring medical records and documents are associated to patient’s charts while operating the EMDs medical server system
● Collaborated with physicians and nurses, directly, to ensure HMO referrals were generated according to the guidelines of patient’s insurance and provided referrals to the patients.
● Initiate prior authorizations for medications, outpatient diagnostic testing, and specialist referrals.
● Provided high quality care for our patient’s when seeking assistance with questions regarding their medical charts
● Assisted with verifying patient HMO insurance and ensured the patient’s were assigned to our medical group.
● Provided high quality care for our patients when seeking assistance with questions regarding their medical charts
● Engaged in staff meetings to reflect on our progress and develop strategies to continue improving on our patient services
● Assist staff, patients, and physicians with translating in Arabic when it is needed
● Provide assistance and supervision for new staff members training for administrative roles.
● Ensured work area is clean, organized, and up to date on inventory
● Worked remotely from home to ensure any urgent requests for HMO referral authorizations sent from the physician were completed
WEISS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Health Sciences Intern, Mar 2015 – Jul 2015
● Conducted community outreach to promote healthy living for children in the Uptown & surrounding areas
● Created flyers to promote the Farmer’s Market at Weiss Memorial Hospital
● Gathered information on neighborhood parks, school districts that would benefit from this program
● Worked in different departments within the hospital to get a better perspective on health sciences DEPAUL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & HEALTH, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS Peer Health Advisor, Sep 2014 – Mar 2015
● Assisted Health Science Students with building a schedule in accordance to their estimated graduation time
● Advised students on academic courses, selection, and major concentration
● Served as liaison between students, faculty, and school administrators to better improve this program
● Assisted students with navigating DePaul University resources and on-campus programs EDUCATION
DEPAUL UNIVERSITY, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
B.S. Health Sciences, Jun 2016
● GPA 3.3/4College of Science & Health Concentration Public HealthMinors: Sociology & Health Services ADDITIONAL SKILLS
● Certified in CPR & First Aid.
● Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, iMovie, EMDS Medical Servier, Advocate ERMA APP Pro, and Adaptive Technology. Marketing, Business Development, Customer Service, Leadership
● Languages: Bilingual in English and Arabic.
● Dr James T Barrett
Family doctor at Michigan Avenue Primary Care Michigan Avenue Immediate Care Phone 773-***-**** Email: t ***********@*****.***
● Megan Rosendahl
Manager at Michigan Aavenue Primary Care Michigan Avenue Immediate Care Phone 641-***-**** Email: m *************@******.***
● Ellen Williams
Work colleague at Michigan Avenue Primary Care Michigan Avenue Immediate Care Phone 847-***-**** Email: i **************@*****.***