Elham M Awad
Bay City, TX ****4
To secure long-term employment with an organization leveraging more than 16 years’ experience, knowledge and education in banking and accounting industry. Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Global Trade, Accounting, Economics and Finance. Graduate of Helwan University, Egypt. Software Skills
Spreadsheet Software – Precision, Excel Accounting and Microsoft Office – Advanced Skill Banking Software – EZ Teller Automation Application – Advanced Skill Accounting Software – Peachtree, QuickBooks and Excel Bookkeeping – Intermediate Skill Database Software – Oracle and Access – Intermediate Skill Word Processing – Windows Suite – Intermediate Skill Training & Certifications
Food Safety Certificate of Training
Food Handler Certificate of Training
Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission (TABC) Certification Summary of Qualifications
● Bank and Vault Teller – International Bank of Commerce (IBC) – Bay City, Texas. Principally engaged in; processing cash withdrawals, performing customer service request including, ordering bank cards and checks, accept cash and checks for deposit, while validating accuracy of deposits, received and verified loan payments, mortgage payments and utility bill payments, handled daily bank and vault assets of $500,000
(with a record perfect balance for nearly two years). Initiated and opened new accounts, performed specialized tasks such as, preparing cashier’s checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler’s checks and exchanging foreign currency. Recognized as top sales representative and Overrider for IBC’s regional market.
● Accountant – Oriental Weavers Group, Egypt – Served as a Corporate Accountant with a workforce of 2,500. Provided accounting support, which included accounts receivable and payable for customers, clients and vendors. Prepared and maintained customer and vendor trial balance debit and credit accounts with a balance sheet of over $2 million and recorded and tracked budget expenditures, performed bank statement reconciliations.
● Accountant - National Gas Corporate, Cairo Egypt – Accountant in corporate finance department, supporting 4,000 employees . Maintained National Gas’ corporate financial records, maintained ledgers and financial reports ensuring compliance with Egypt’s financial laws, regulations and organization’s policies. Analyzed business operations, financial trends and maintained financial records.
● Event Specialist – Advantage Solutions Sales & Marketing. Provided customized marketing and branding support and solutions for over 200 manufacturing and retail clients in the South Houston district. By design, marketing solutions drove consumer demand and increased sales. Clients included; Walmart, L’Oréal, Tide, Cloralen, Kroger, Purina, Starbucks Coffee, Crockpot, Gain, Swiffer, Crest, Head & Shoulders, Hershey’s and Kelloggs.
● Accountant - Valero Tejas Store. Served as principle accountant at Valero Tejas in Southeastern Texas. Wholly responsible for the daily cash flow generated by station sales, handled payroll, accounts receivable and payable, cash disbursements and checking for vendors, generated sales report, tracked all purchase orders and credit accounts. A nnual sales exceeded $750,000.
● Cashier & Food Service – South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company. Supported the Spring 2018 refuel outage as a Cashier and responsible for the pre-meal preparation of salad bar, beverages, cold cuts and desserts for an average of 400 daily diners. Responsible for cleanup and recovery after each meal. Handled all cash
($2,000), credit and debit transactions.
2017 – Present Event Specialist with Advantage Solutions Sales & Marketing Company 2015 – 2017 Bank and Vault Teller at International Bank of Commerce (IBC) 2012 – 2015 Accountant and Cashier at the Valero Tejas Store, Southeastern, Texas 2002 – 2010 Corporate Accountant at National Gas Company, Cairo, Egypt 2000 – 2002 Corporate Accountant with Oriental Weavers Group, Cairo, Egypt Language Skills
Arabic – Native Language
English – Full Professional Proficiency (ILR scale) French - Limited Working Proficiency (ILR scale)