I am a test professional with 11+ years of industrial experience in Software Testing and Test Management.
Throughout my career I got the chance to work on many high profile projects and I was described as someone who has excellent communication, management, and reporting skills and is always prepared to go an "extra mile" for the customer. I seek innovative/challenging work environment.
Visa Status: Authorized to work inside the United States and don’t need any future sponsorship. EDUCATION
B.Sc. in Computer Science Cairo University, Egypt July 2006
• Undergraduate Coursework: Operating Systems; Databases; Software Engineering; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing ; Data Structures; Compilers; Image Processing, Computer Security; Programming Languages; Networks;, Discrete Mathematics; Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Logic Design.
QA Tester Apple Inc. Project based contract
• Executed manual/automated test cases across multiple platforms.
• Evaluated HTML and CSS code changes to determine the appropriate Regression Testing strategy.
• Tested responsive design for web pages over different Browsers/OSs/Devices.
• Tested web page analytics using Charles proxy.
• Tested webpages performance using Xcode.
• Conducted accessibility testing.
• Conducted browser compatibility testing.
• Reported/Verified Bugs and Bug fixes.
Freelance Tester www.utest.com Feb 2017 – July 2018
• Conducting mobile app testing on iOS, Android and Tablets and used ADB to extract crash logs.
• Acquired multiple certifications in Big Data Specialization from University of California, San Diego.
Test Manager/Test Automation
Double Vee, Egypt Sep 2016 – Feb 2017
• Supervised and led a test automation team of 4.
• Created and executed automated test scripts using an in house keyword based automation framework that is based on selenium.
2011 – 2016
As a program Test Manager I did the following:
• Created many cost estimations and was responsible for test projects budget management.
• Responsible for program resource planning/management.
• Established program test strategy and test plans.
• Successfully delivered many projects on-time and on budget.
• Responsible for program quality of service.
• Acted as an escalation point for two programs with teams distributed between Egypt and Germany.
• Supervised overall service delivery for projects test automation, performance and manual Testing.
• Delivery of testing projects in different remote locations in an Agile Development environment.
• Reported on test team activities to program/project Managers, development Managers and product owners.
• Establishing program testing KPIs and reporting on them.
• Used KPIs and lessons Learnt to improve test team processes and best practices across testing life cycle to improve throughput, communication and on-time delivery of projects.
• Defects reviews, triaging and Management to meet quality Standards and acceptance criteria. Test Analyst/Test Manager Hewlett Packard, Egypt 2008 - 2011 As a Test Manager I did the following:
• Created detailed test plans and planned team resource requirements for the project.
• Ensured high quality/on Time Testing service delivery on site at Turkey.
• Conducted requirements ambiguity analysis with the team.
• Reviewed team test cases/defect and reporting on testing progress and issues.
• Building regression test sets.
• Daily defects reviews and triage with project team. As a Test Analyst I did the following:
• Used SOAP UI to send/receive REST requests/responses to/from web services to validate their API.
• Conducted requirements reviews to early detect requirements defects.
• Created test traceability matrices.
• Designing/reviewing high level scenarios and test cases for test coverage.
• Conducting Functional System, System Integration and User Acceptance Tests
• Executed test cases and reported/retested defects using HP Quality Center. Test Engineer Raya Software, Egypt 2006 - 2008
• Conducted requirements ambiguity analysis.
• Design high level scenarios and test cases.
• Created/reviewed/executed system and system integration test cases.
• Black box, exploratory, regression, smoke and confirmation testing
• Reported/retested defects.
• Test progress reports.
• Certificates in Big Data Specialization from University of California, San Diego:
Introduction to Big Data
Big Data Modeling and Management Systems
Big data Integration and Processing
• Certified ISTQB Advanced: Test Manager (CTAL-TM-001).
• Certified ISTQB Foundation Level
• Quality Assurance Institute: Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE ) Granted: 11/06/2009 Certificate Number: 21060
• Certificate of Completion: Introduction to Capability Maturity Model Integration Staged & Continuous, V1.2
• Certificate of Completion: Fundamentals of Software Quality Assurance and Testing. TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
• Test Management Tools: HP ALM 11.0, HP Quality Center9/10, JIRA, Apple Radar.
• Test Automation Tools: Selenium IDE and WebDriver (JAVA).
• API Testing: SOAP UI
• Test Environment: Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, IOS/ Android Phones/Tablets, Windows, Mac OS X
• Document Management: Confluence
• Others: Git, Charles Proxy, XCode, Android Debugging Bridge (ADB), Borland StarTeam 2008, Borland Calibre RM 2008, Firebug/FirePath (used with Selenium) LANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES
• Languages: SQL, J2SE, J2EE (Servlets, EJBs, Web Services), J2ME and C++. (Basic)
• Web Development Tools and IDEs: Eclipse 5.0. (Basic)
• Data Base Management Systems: Oracle 10g. (Basic)
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
• JIRA Administrator (2014 – 2015):
Created/customized projects and project templates.
Established ALM/Jira Defect Synchronization for 3 different programs.
Extracted the old Projects DB and used SQL to query it for any defect information needed by the team.