Karen Lee Mellwig
Strived to provide exceptional service while establishing a reputation of being a trusted, impartial and confidential resource for guidance, training and investigations. Education
Temple University - Fox School of Business and Management Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Human Resources Administration Graduated May 11, 2001
Human Resources Generalist
Community Council, Philadelphia, PA
August 27, 2008- Present
• Served as Project Manager through 2 implementations of third party benefits brokers as well as a conversion of two Payroll vendors. These transitions include conversion of the Payroll, Time and Labor and HRIS systems.
• Assist in the administration of employee health and welfare benefits (New Enrollments, Open Enrollments, COBRA, Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD and 401K) and coordinated employee leaves of absence including but not limited to FMLA, disability and Worker’s Comp.
• Respond to Unemployment information inquiries, attended and served as the employer lead in all hearings.
• Assisted managers with employee relations by following progressive discipline policies and conduct confidential investigations and provide final reports and relevant recommendations for resolution in response to employee grievances and complaints. Participate in Human Relations hearings as well.
• Coordinated the recruitment function as well as the onboarding process hiring process, including but not limited to conducting pre-employment background, drug screening and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communications. Conducted new hire orientation.
• Ensure all departmental Directors and Managers remain supported by the Human Resources department. Benefits Administrator
Trion, King of Prussia PA
5/15/2006 – 8/26/2008
• Accountable for all client deliverables and procedures related to benefit plan design changes for implementations, renewals and ongoing administration.
• Review and revise business and plan design requirements and the functional design specifications for system set- ups and configurations.
• Support client delivery teams in reviewing technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents.
• Monitor, research, and resolve escalated client issues by utilizing Trion’s Issue Management System and other client specific tools, while coaching client team members on resolutions.
• Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration.
• Coach and train internal members of the benefit administration team on best practices and client-specific knowledge.
Human Resources Specialist
Community Council, Philadelphia PA
11/29/2001 – 2/14/2006
• Managed the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs. Recruiting and staffing.
• Ensure all staff were properly credentialed for their employment in accordance with regulatory sources.
• Process and coordinate all employee health and wellness benefits.
• Coordinate and participate in all labor relations as well as unemployment proceedings