CRAIG OERTEL, CTM
EIT/ MIT CANDIDATE
A highly qualified Engineering Candidate with extensive experience in Technical Documentation, Mechanical and Electrical Diagnostics and Repair, and Team Collaboration. Able to convey complex technical information to diverse users. Gather and present data to design practical publications using solid communication standards and current technology. Thoroughly document processes and employ continuous improvements to increase system efficiency and quality. Well versed in reading schematics and diagrams of various products.
• Technical Communication
• Diagnostics & Repair
• Interdepartmental Communication
• Manufacturing Processes
• Data Analysis
• Problem Solving
• Relationship Management
• Process Refinement
Technical Communication Certificate – Purdue School of Engineering & Technology
Bachelor of Science, Major: Manufacturing & Industrial Technology, Minor: Business Administration – Tennessee Tech University
Auto/Diesel Technology with High Performance Engines– Nashville Auto Diesel College
Diagnostic Coordinator – ASTECH; Indianapolis, IN 06/2018 – PRESENT
•Provide detailed accurate vehicle systems and engine diagnosis and repair to customers and automotive insurance companies.
• Performing vehicle diagnostics from remote locations.
• Serve as primary client contact as needed within the service process.
•Able to perform dealer type vehicle functions such as diagnosis, programming, relearn procedures, recalibration of certain modules, and coding.
Maintenance Technician (contract) – Apidel Technology; Indianapolis, IN 02/2018 – 05/2019
• Skillfully read various wiring diagrams, blueprints, and technical schematics while repairing mail processing equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic mechanisms.
• Utilize superb technical communication skills to document and report equipment failures in conjunction with recommending corrective measures.
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic – Bridgestone / Firestone; Indianapolis, IN 12/2015 – 03/2018
• Developed and implemented kaizen improvements, systematically improving automotive equipment function and dependability.
• Analyzed various types of reporting and data associated while diagnosing and repairing brake, suspension, alignment, and electrical systems.
• Expertly logged detailed diagnostic results and repairs that were completed using appropriate maintenance management systems.
Engineer II (contract) – Belcan; Indianapolis, IN 08/2014 – 12/2014
• Read and strategically interpreted a broad range of detailed schematics and blueprints of various aircraft, helicopter, and submarine engines.
• Identified and catalogued the function and purpose of individual components, entering the results of function analysis into proprietary classification system.
• Successfully identified parts as either ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) or EAR (Export Administration Regulations), determining military-only or public end-use.
SHORT TERM PROJECTS
Oil Laboratory Analyst – Thompson Machinery Caterpillar; LaVergne, TN 03/2005 – 08/2005
• Conducted particle count testing for oil, fuel, and hydraulic systems, accurately recording results and providing reports to superiors.
• Proficiently calibrated testing equipment and installed new parts when required, keeping equipment in working order.
• Oversaw preventative maintenance programs which resulted in decreased operating costs and minimized costly equipment failure.
Mechanic – Ajax Turner Budweiser; LaVergne, TN 09/2004 – 12/2004
• Handled daily preemptive diagnostics and upkeep of light to heavy duty tractor/trailer fleet for a premier brewery distributor.
• Determined repairs for damaged parts and systems, coordinating closely with other team members to ensure timely and cost- effective completion of projects.
• Maintained precise records of each repair performed and results of diagnostic testing for each vehicle.
Certified Baker – Panera Bread, LLC; Indianapolis, IN 03/2010 – 05/2014
• Prepared baked goods according to exact recipes and preparation instructions, ensuring consistent outcome of high quality products.
• Consistently integrated efficiencies and fine-tuned skills to create refined procedures and improved personal performance.
• Met all production requirements within strict time and budget constraints, enforcing company standards while fostering team collaboration.
Yale University Sleep and Symptom Research Symposium 3/2017 – Present
Co-Author for: Sensory Perception Therapy: A Novel Treatment Model for Insomnia (March 2017-present) PRESENTATION
Sleep and Symptom research Symposium, Yale University School of Nursing April 2018 Poster presenter, "Sensory Perception Therapy: A Novel Treatment Model for Insomnia"
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Chapter 105 Association of Technology, Management & Applied Engineering (ATMAE)