ZAHRA HASTY NAZARINIA EVENT COORDINATOR
801-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org Philadelphia, PA
Committed professional with 5+ years of event planning, production and sales experience as well as a personal passion for sports, arts and entertainment. Production of events range from collegiate, music competitions, dance, stadium shows, theatre, family events, and date night. Known for excellent organization, time management and multitasking skills. Maintains strong working relationships with both colleagues and external partners or project stakeholders. Areas of strength include:
Event Planning Sales Microsoft Office Suite
Event Management Data Management Program Management
WORLDSTRIDES ONSTAGE • Salt Lake City, Utah • 8/2016 – 9/2018 EVENT COORDINATOR
• Organized, planned and directed 6+ WorldStrides Heritage Festivals in cities across the United States. Directly in charge of event logistics for Halftime show performances for the TaxSlayer Bowl, Liberty Bowl and Fiesta Bowl- Parade. Achieved an average net promoter score of 9.39 out of 10.
• Developed performance schedule for 25+ performance groups, coordinating with professional adjudicators, venues and staff averaging 700-1000 participants per event.
• Conducted research and executed project plan for new Tour Operator Initiative to reach new market and increase sales revenue.
• Created department newsletter to increase communication and publicity amongst divisions. AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY • West Valley City, Utah • 8/2013 – 7/2016 COLLEGE ACCESS ADVISOR • 10/2014 – 7/2016
• Grew total scholarship funds received by 1,160% ($30,000 to $445,000) in two years by developing partnerships with 8 college readiness programs to expand visibility of the school, analyzing data to better understand organization functions, and working with school counselors to develop, research and implement new success strategies.
• Organized and coordinated student scholarship program serving 140 students; edited and proofread student scholarship applications.
• Developed all core curriculum for Senior Seminar College Prep Course
• Created the Connection at American Preparatory Academy, a roundtable discussion series allowing seniors to interact with university officials.
OUTREACH ASSISTANT & GROUPS INSTRUCTOR • 8/2013 – 9/2014
• Taught English comprehension classes to grades 8-10. Out of 40 students, 20 completed the program (25% increase from previous years) and tested out of the class.
• Assisted 90 refugee students in successful completion of school and provided transportation for field trips, doctors’ visits, and other necessary appointment. Provided families with care packages that included food, diapers, hygiene packets, and school supplies.
UTAH SYMPHONY UTAH OPERA • Salt Lake City, UT • 7/2012 – 10/2014 SALES ASSOCIATE & TEAM MANAGER
• Grew season ticket subscriptions by over $25,000 via a campaign to cold call new subscribers. Subscriber base grew by about 160 over an eight-month period, with the typical subscription of approximately $150.
• Raised over $9,000 in four months generated by cold calling both new donors and return patrons.
• Served as a point of contact for patrons regarding ticket orders and payments, providing efficient and courteous customer service. Entered ticket orders and updated patron contact information in Tessitura Software System, demonstrating strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication & Theatre Studies University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT 2012 Study Abroad Program in Shakespeare in Performance & Contemporary Theatre London, England 2011