Cell: 718-***-**** E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vladimir-kononov-b5023565
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: A highly skilled professional, with over 15 years of varied technical expertise, including telecommunication networking systems and broadcast monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting of TV equipment. Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects with strict deadlines. Works independently or in matrix in a fast-paced environment. Possesses exceptional analytical and technical skills. Strong work ethic that includes solid attendance record and frequent overtime. Excellent internal and external communications skills. Valid NY driver license. Fluent in Russian and Ukrainian. Served as a Sergeant of Communication Division in Ukrainian Army.
Good technical knowledge of Windows, Active Directory Services, TCP/IP, Lotus Notes, Unix (Linux and/or HU/UX) and SAN technologies. Good knowledge of Database Technologies (SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, etc.) Experience working in mixed Windows/Linux, database and virtualized/physical server environments. Advanced user of intrusion-detection, IDS/IPS. Knowledge of Networking, Wide Area Networking and Satellite connectivity. Knowledge of Incident and Problem management methodologies. Experience in other computer and communications operations. Extensive knowledge of Grass Valley Equipment, Chyron, Leitch, Snell, Florical Systems such as Media Master, Air Boss, and Air Boss Editor. Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, XP and telecommunications Fundamentals.
Per Scholas, Bronx, NY 4/2017
Cybersecurity Training - A comprehensive IT curriculum, incorporating a combination of
formal instruction and hands-on activities in a real-world working environment
University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 12/1999
Classes in Telecommunications, Theatre and Graphic Design
Intercollege, Nicosia, Cyprus 8/1998
Associate degree in Communication
ATGS, Inc., Brooklyn, NY 1/2018 – Present
IT Support Specialist
• Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
• Manage daily operations of the IT department.
• Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
• Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
• Updated security software to prevent database security threats.
• Compiled daily database reports to identify possible vulnerabilities.
• Ensured compliance with internal and external email safety standards.
• Recommended software updates.
United Nations, New York, NY 4/2017 – 10/2017
• Monitored technology center facilities, servers, storage, backup, network communications and connectivity.
• Monitored the data center support systems such as power, cooling, heating, and fire detection and suppression systems. Provided problem determination and level 1 problem resolution.
• Monitored ICT equipment and support systems in all technology rooms (TRs) and LAN closets in the UN Headquarters campus. Performed physical inspections as needed.
• Provided level 1 support to user calls escalated by the service desk, or after hours acting in the service desk role.
• Performed batch processing (daily, weekly and monthly), and standardized maintenance tasks as per documented procedures.
• Escalated Level 2 problems to appropriate support staff or vendors.
• Implemented mechanisms for Disaster Recovery and emergency operations and assist in business continuity scenario testing.
• Provided network cabling (voice and data) services.
• Maintained inventory of equipment: added and removed equipment; mounted (or removed) equipment from the racks; disposed of outdated equipment.
• Monitored and enforced data centre security and access guidelines.
• Provided daily status reports on health of the environment to all the NOC shifts, the Facilities and Infrastructure Unit Head and on an as-needed basis. This included lists of incidents resolved, pending issues like potential hardware failures/replacements, outstanding tasks, backup status, disaster recovery environment status and critical performance threshold violations.
• Maintained accurate system configuration procedures, system maintenance procedures, an updated set of standard operational procedures (SOP) and any other documentation as required.
• Recorded any event for any system that causes interruption of service in order to be analyzed by the senior network engineer/team leader.
• Performed other duties as required.
Overseas Media (RTVI), New York, NY 5/2003 - 7/2016
Senior NOC Operator
Monitored and controlled all equipment and systems including broadcast automation, archiving systems, satellite uplink and downlink equipment, display monitoring equipment, subtitling equipment, and file based media delivery system.
Monitored hardware and software status, and provided timely response to the error messaging.
Supported Playout department, and provided timely assistance in resolving broadcast related matters.
Served as a liaison between studio and NOC personnel in order to resolve issues arising in a live broadcast environment.
Supervised and trained junior NOC operators.
Serviced multiple channels of RTVI broadcast and responsible for choice and placement of commercials, music and other media products, in accordance with the program content and allowed time slots.
LTV Television Studio, Nicosia, Cyprus 10/1997 - 9/1998
Assistant Technical Director
Assisted in evaluation of software and hardware performance for live broadcasts of LTV Studio.
Provided technical support to studio engineering personnel in maintaining and updating equipment.
Maintained a close and good relationship with multiple departments, including Playout, Media Services and Engineering department.
Directed crew, operated camera equipment, video and sound mixer during studio recordings.
Sigma Television Studio, Nicosia, Cyprus 4/1996 - 5/1997
Technical Support Specialist
Installed, updated and troubleshot company’s hardware and software.
Maintained database of media products, and followed quality control procedures to ensure
quality of existing video and audio files.
Trimmed video files to match designated commercial spots and interstitial schedules.
Coordinated information flow between personnel to ensure speedy results.