Charlotte, NC *****
Accomplished versatile professional with over 13 years experience in Marketing/Advertising, Media Relations, Freelance Writing, Desktop Publishing and Project Management. Successfully generated hundreds of business materials, including reports, letters, proposals, presentations, press releases, memos, reviews, and manuals. Experience writing creative copy for direct response markets and promotional advertising. Skillfully designed and produced material for newsletters, brochures, and flyers. Authored first-rate articles for publication, in print, and online. Enthusiastic and creative client-focused writer, skilled at details, and producing only first-rate work.
Author of “My Little Light: A Story of Faith, Hope and Love.” SKILLS
* Proficient in Microsoft Office * Writing
* SEO * Social Networking
* Marketing Strategies & Campaigns * Focus Group & Market Research
* Development of Training Materials * Corporate Communications
* Public & Media Relations * Vendor/Client Management
* Creative Team Leadership * Web & Print Content Development
* Project Management * Administrative/Customer Service EXPERIENCE
My Little Light Foundation, Inc. - Charlotte, NC 2016 - present Founder/Non-Profit
It is our mission to lift some of the financial burden faced by the families of Childhood Cancer patients, so they can concentrate on their child during this difficult time.
• Creates and manages website, newsletters and marketing materials.
• Utilizes social media tools.
• Organizes Charity Events and Fundraising.
• Coordinates with Social workers from Children's Hospitals across the nation.
• In one month increased website traffic by 255%, sessions by 200% and bounce rate by 20%.
• Live on-air interview with NBC Charlotte.
Content Writer & Strategist - Charlotte, NC 2011 - present Writes news articles on the latest fashion trends and local events in Charlotte for such sources as CBS Local, Charlotte Style Magazine, Examiner, Fashions In The City and Charlotte Patch
• Conducts interviews in preparation for articles.
• Maintains and develops relationships with artists/vendors/models
• Attends, photographs and reports on live events.
• Develops blogging strategy and editorial calendars.
• Placed over 300 articles in 5 publications.
LIFE ENHANCEMENT AWARDS FUND, INC. – Springdale, MD 2003 – 2017 Marketing and Communications Specialist
• Managed a community event involving over 300 individuals at the FEDEX Stadium that resulted in over $1000 in donations.
• Developed fundraising campaign for the United Way and the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area.
• Generated ideas/concepts/themes for newsletters.Created websites of multiple pages, graphics, and links.
• Used a variety of media tools including video, Internet, print brochures and social media platforms.
• Implemented marketing tactics that led to 75% growth in website traffic.
• Used data analytical tools such as Google Analytics. IMAGE PROCESSING SYSTEMS, INC. - Collegeville, PA 2002 - 2003 Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
Project Supervisor (Contractor)
• Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of project management.
• Managed 10 employees, increasing productivity by 50%. Analyzed and interpreted progress status reports, formatting daily Excel spreadsheets.
• Interviewed, screened, tested and selected applicants for positions and conducted training and performance appraisals.
• Collected, organized, indexed, scanned and performed data entry on clinical trials for submission into regulatory and clinical reports.
• Under my supervision, project was completed a month ahead of schedule. CAMPBELL & COMPANY - Alexandria, VA 2000 - 2002
• Handled nationally recognized HealthCare Campaigns for the Center for Disease Control’s
(CDC) Northern Virginia Prevention Marketing Imitative (PMI) HIV/AIDS campaign and the American Diabetes Association Newsletter.
• Conducted client presentations.
• Designed and managed market research and focus groups.
• Wrote proposals, grants, campaign plans, budgets and timelines.
• Wrote scripts for radio spots, public service announcements, transits ads, and community promotional events and media buys.
• Supervised 3 interns and 12 teens on the PMI Youth Advisory Committee.
• Developed recruitment strategies to meet the company’s need through job postings, employment agencies, colleges, and community agencies.
• Wrote Standard Operating Procedures and the Employee Handbook. EDUCATION
M.A. - Organizational Communications. Bowie State University. B.S. - Political Science. Lincoln University.