Brian P. Chase
Accomplished healthcare professional in both military and civilian settings with a dynamic presence and organizational skills. Goal oriented in the synergy of teamwork. Disciplined scholar who thrives in a teaching environment and endeavors to learn one new thing every day.
Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) Our Lady of the Elms Graduation May 2018; AGACNP pending board certification this Spring/Summer
BSN Elms College graduated Magna Cum Laude 2010
U.S. Army Nurse graduated Officers Basic Course 2007
A.D.N. Cape Cod Community College graduated 2004
Certificate in Surgical Technology Mass Bay Community College graduated 1994
Relevant Experience & Accomplishments
Quality Improvement: DNP, AGACNP
• DNP Capstone project:
Aspired to decrease patients’ preoperative anxiety before total joint arthroplasty surgery. Intervention, introduced an esthetic video representation of what patients could expect during and after surgery. Data collection method through patient reported outcomes (PROs) utilizing SurveyMonkey. The video patient education video was well received and is projected to become a regular part of preoperative education class for joint replacement surgery at BMC.
• Intricate in investigating and developing the ultraviolet radiation safety initiative
at BMC Daly OR for TJA Surgery.
Successfully investigated post-operative patient hypothermia, establishing new preventive interventions.
Designed and implemented a new positioning aid for bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasties.
Authored a procedural set-up guide brochure for one total joint surgeon.
Spear headed a going green initiative at Bay State Medical Center. This initiative involved the recycling of cardboard, plastic, and reprocessing of single use medical devices (SUD’s) in the Daly operating room. The estimated financial savings from the project were projected at over $ 1 million dollars.
Certified nurse Operating Room (CNOR), ACLS and BLS certified
Coordinate and delegate care for my patients through close supervision of non-licensed personal.
As an Army Nurse I am charged with maintaining my readiness to deploy and support the fighting forces of the United States of America as an operating room nurse. I am also in charge of maintaining the readiness and skills of the operating room staff through continued educational and hands-on simulation training of emergency surgery scenarios.
Operating Room Nurse, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Ma.
Provided safe professional care for thousands of surgical patients.
Scrubbed and assisted the surgeon during surgical procedures.
Specializes in Orthopedic Joint Replacement Surgery averaging 2,000 to 2,500 surgeries annually
Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
United States Army Reserve
• Provided extensive training in combat medicine and surgical care for U.S. military and civilian patients in austere environments; emphasis on team work and critical thinking to saving life, limb, and eye site.
• Currently hold the rank of Captain in the USAR Nursing core and hold the position of assistant chief nurse for surgical services for the 405th combat support hospital.
• Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
• Awarded the Army Commendation Medal for Service in Joint
Warrior Training Exercise
• Bay States Best for going above and beyond the call of duty
• Magna Cum Laude graduate from Elms College May 2010
Dean’s List at Cape Cod Community
• Physical fitness award