Dhruv Tushar Patel
California Polytechnic University
• Mathematics Undergraduate starting Fall '16
College of the Sequoias
• Transfer Studies, 2013-2016
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Instructor at EXPLO at Wheaton College 2018
• Taught Basic App design, Mathematics Adventures and Casino Mathematics for two sessions to a class of 10-14 middle school students. Performed tasks for office of operations covering a variety of tasks throughout the program.
Mathematics and Physical Sciences Tutor - Success Learning Center -, Oct 2014 - June2016
• One on one tutoring sessions with high school and community college students covering a variety of subjects including AP courses. Sessions involved homework assistance, examination preparation and clarification of taught material.
Research projects presented at the College Of Sequoias STEM Symposium 2015
• Synthesis Of Organic Semi-Conducting Molecules under Dr.Mike Springer
• Development Of Web based Mathematics App under Prof. John Redden Workshop leader and organization committee volunteer
• Noche de Ciencas 2015-2016 College of the Sequoias
• Latino Youth Leadership Academy 2014-16 College of the Sequoias
• Expanding Your Horizons 2013-2016 College of the Sequoias Biology Lab Assistant - College of the Sequoias -, Spring Semester 2015
• Assist the head technician with preparing materials and kits for course instructors, taking inventory and overall organization of materials for the lab.
Economics Tutor - College Of Sequoias, 2013-2014
• Helping students of microeconomics and macroeconomics with homework and exam preparation. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Mathematical problem solving and numerical analysis using C++ and Python, SQL Database Development, Data Scientist’s toolkit certification from Coursera(in progress), proficient with MS-Office, SQL Database Development, 80WPM typist.
• Mathematics Club of College Of Sequoias; Vice President 2015-16 and Secretary 2014- 15
• Member of Science, Engineering, Technology Association at College Of sequoias(SETA), 2013-2016