SEATTLE, WA 98101
PARALEGAL and LAWYER
LAW OFFICE OF REBECCA TATLOW, LLC Seattle, WA 2016 to Present Springfield, MO 2006-2014
• Currently: pro bono work for Northwest Immigration Rights Project. Meeting with clients, preparing VISA applications and supporting exhibits, researching applicable law, preparing and filing documents, calendaring deadlines, representing clients in court, utilizing Word, Word Perfect.
• Solo practice in personal injury, worker’s compensation and domestic relation: performed all support work including legal assistant and paralegal functions, utilizing Efiling, Lexus, nexus.
• Scheduled client interviews; met with clients; did client intake.
• Prepared personal and real property schedules.
• Prepared parenting plans and property settlements.
• Drafted all pleadings and settlement documents.
• Prepared, filled out with client, calendared and filed all Discovery.
• Drafted all correspondence.
• Prepared all exhibits and exhibit lists.
• Prepared all jury lists.
• Researched and prepared all pre-trial and post trial briefs.
• Tried cases.
• Calendared and prepared all notices of appeals, drafted and prepared and filed all briefs.
• Prepared all documents for Mediation; prepared clients for mediations. LAW OFFICE OF WILLIAM WEAR, JR LLC Springfield, MO 2010-2013
• Did contract family law work including support and litigation.
• Met with clients.
• Prepared discovery.
• Prepared all trial prep.
• Researched and prepared pre and post trial briefs. STENGER LAW P.C. Springfield, MO 2008-2010
• Did contract Product Liability work.
• Contacted clients.
• Evaluated cases.
• Prepared intake forms.
EVANS & DIXON P.C. Springfield, MO 2001-2006
• Managing attorney of branch office of workers’ compensation and insurance defense firm.
• Oversaw staff; reviewed all billing and discovery.
• Prepared briefs and discovery.
• Prepared correspondence.
• Met with clients.
• Reviewed and summarized and took depositions.
• Prepared trial exhibits, pre and post trial briefs.
• Prepared exhibits for and attended meditations.
• Court filing including e-filing: Federal and county courts, administrative actions.
• Software: WORD EXEL, Abacus, Family Soft, Amicus and others.
• Court Records: PACER, JLS, SCOMIS.
• Legal Research: Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis, Google Scholar. Education and Licenses
• University of Missouri School of Law, Juris Doctorate 1991
• University of Missouri School of Journalism, Bachelor’s of Journalism 1988
• Licensed Guardian Ad Litem. 2006 to present
• Civil and Family licensed Mediator 2006 to present
• Licensed in the State of Missouri and the US District Court to practice law 1991 to present Culinary education
• Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute, Associate’s of Science Seattle, WA 2015 Culinary employment
• The Lodge At Vail, Cook and Garde Manager Seattle, WA 2016
• The Pink Door, Cook Seattle, WA 2015
• Rainier Club Seattle, WA 2014
• Center Plate Catering Seattle, WA 2014
William Wear JR. LAW OFFICE OF WILLIAM WEAR, JR LLC 417-***-****. Stephanie Stenger Montgomery, STENGER LAW, LLC 417-***-**** CELL 848-4806. Marci Horton, supervisor The Lodge At Vail CELL 206-***-****.