P.O. Box ***
New York, New York 10116
To provide efficient Paralegal, Administrative Assistant and Reception services.
Berkeley College, New York, NY
Major: Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
Degree: Bachelor of Science, September 2013
54 Hour Paralegal Certificate Program - CUNY in the Heights, 2009
National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) – member since January, 2015
Segan, Nemerov & Singer, P.C., New York, N.Y.
Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal & liens clerk, February, 2018 - Present
Provide administrative support to an attorney’s in the practice area of personal injury;
Prepare and transcribe dictated legal memoranda including: pleadings, demands and responses to discovery, motions, trial-subpoenas and exhibits;
Perform case management including drafting of correspondence to clients;
Perform case management including obtaining medical reports, medical, police report, workers compensation records, social security, union, non-union, lost-wages and no-fault records;
Responsible for opening cases, i.e. entering all intake information and preparing correspondence to corresponding attorneys, insurance companies and medical facilities and also obtain the OCA number;
Responsible for requesting the updated and final liens from HRA – Medicaid for all correspondence State, MSPRC - Medicare, medical providers, loan providers, child support and income tax records;
Response for inquiring and monitoring client file loans;
Organize and calculate case disbursements upon settlement of cases;
Occasionally be the back up for the reception area;
Maintain electronic and hard copies of client files and
Responsible for e-filing all legal documents.
The Law Office of Joshua W. Skillman - New York, NY January 2013 to February, 2018
Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
• Provide administrative support to an attorney in the practice area of personal injury;
• Prepare legal memoranda including: pleadings, demands and responses to discovery, motions, and exhibits;
• Perform case management including drafting of correspondence to clients, i.e. reminder letters about upcoming IME's, EUO's, EBT's, hearings, and depositions;
• Perform case management including obtaining medical records and medical reports for clients;
• Responsible for opening, rejecting, and closing files;
• Responsible for client intake and entering all intake information into Trial Works;
• Perform case management for all request and receipt of Police reports, Medical, Workers Compensation, Social Security, Lost-Wages and No-Fault records;
• Responsible for requesting the updated and final liens for HRA, MSPRC and medical providers;
• Serve as an interpreter for Spanish speaking clients;
• Provide initial intake information for all potential clients to attorneys;
• Maintain electronic and hard copies of client files;
• Responsible for filing office documents for my case load and
• Responsible for e-filing all legal documents.
The Mandel Law Firm, New York, N.Y.
Legal Assistant, July, 2008 – January, 2013
Provided administrative support to 6 attorneys in the following practice areas: matrimonial law, family law and personal injury;
Prepared legal memoranda including: pleadings, demands for discovery, motions, and exhibits;
Was responsible for obtaining and organizing all financial information for all matrimonial and family law cases;
Was responsible for completing Net Worth Statements;
Performed case management including drafting of correspondence to clients, i.e.; reminder letters about upcoming court appearances, hearings, and appointments.
Served as an interpreter for Spanish speaking clients;
Tracked and recorded billable hours for invoicing purposes;
Maintained electronic and hard copies of client files;
Was responsible for e-filing documents for all personal injury matters;
Performed client intake and inquiries;
Scheduled appointments and tracked upcoming court appearances;
Interfaced extensively with clients and
Served as the main person responsible for answering the firm’s telephone system consisting of 16 lines.
Microsoft office, 2007 and 2010 and
Worked with the following software’s and applications: Needles, Phone slips, TIPS MATLAW, Time Matters, PC law, Trial Works, e-docs, Time and Chaos, Quick books and Philips Speech Exec pro transcribe 8.6.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish;
• Able to type 80 wpm;
Notary Public and
• Completed the NYSCEF training.