Wade Projects assigned Smeltzer by Controller - Clement Industries
Ruston, LA 71270
email@example.com - 318-***-****
Flexible General Accountant who adapts seamlessly to constantly evolving accounting processes and technology. Skilled in general ledger, general operations, Manufacturing operations and corporate finance. Adept at supplying quick responses to inquiries and accounting questions. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Projects assigned by Controller
Clement Industries - Minden, LA -
2018-01 - Present
Minden, LA (January 2018- present)- 57,000
• Daily Cash Reporting (email by 9:00AM)
• Regions Bank- Receipts and Disbursements
• Calculate Parts Bookings (Previous BL$-Shipments for the day=Calculated-Current= Bookings)
• Run M2M report for Shipments Month to Date and Daily
• Record cash receipts in M2M
• Trailer payments are "Prepayment" receipts (M2M)
• Parts payments are "AR" receipts
• Create any required BOLs (shippers) and invoices when closing trailer sales
• Update Gross Margin Sold report
• Update GM Shipped Trailers report
• Close completed trailers
• Issue material to trailers as needed- Finished Goods
• Complete job operations as needed-
• Generate Bill of Ladings for paid trailer orders
• Parts invoicing / Issue RMAs (as needed)/ Credit Memo's for Returns
• Freight Invoice Review
• Post transactions to GL
• Raw Material recon
• Received Goods Not Invoiced, (unvouchered AP) recon
• Cycle Count Review- After Cycle Counter Counts
• Submit journal entries as needed- closing entries. Raw Material Sub ledger Recon
• Update Revenue FCST (after the 15th)- Forecast Trailer Sales for Plant
• Projects assigned by Controller
• Part Costing
• Tire/Wheel off-site tracking (to transition to Cycle Counter)
• Cycle Counter counts
• Cycle count variance analysis
• Approve inventory adjustments =/< $1,000
• Submit inventory adjustments to Controller >$1,000
• Positive Pay processing
• Cycle Counter timecard review
• Shipped not invoiced report
• Cylinder Review (Mondays)
• BOM costing on all new Trailers. Costed BOM's into Item Master
• Review adjustments made by Cycle Counter (approved adjustments /scrap / substitution)
• Monthly Duties:
• Revenue forecast draft due to Ron by the 14th
• Revenue forecast meetings with Production & Sales
• Run M2M utilities (mid-month)
• Bank Recon (10th work day)
• EOM reports (PDF & excel)
• Customer Statements
• Sales & Use Tax payment (post marked by the 15th)
• Blue Book Reporting
• Federal Excise Tax Deposit Payments (as needed)
• Cambridge, (consignment vendor), ACH payments
• A/R Aging review w/sales (mid-month)
• A/P Aging review w/Vicky (mid- month)
• Review End Of Month count variances with Cycle Counter
• WIP Review (every 2 months - then quarterly)
• Account Reconciliations
• FSA- Benefits
• Prepaid Expenses
• Accrued Expenses
• Quarterly Duties:
• Fixed Asset review (review FA accounts)
• Balance sheet accrual accounts review with Greg
• Federal Excise Tax Return
• Annual Duties:
• Roll Standard Cost
• Physical Inventory
• Budget (Capital & Operating)
• Assist with annual Tax Pack
• Occupational License Renewal
CenturyLink - Monroe, LA -
2013-10 - 2018-01
Monroe, LA 71201. Corporate Finance (October, 2013 until January 29th 2018)42K
* Reconciled balance sheet accounts.
* Prepare reconciliations.
* Provided support for internal and external auditors
* Variance analysis and explanations done on several accounts
* Accrual's done on certain payroll accounts
* Investigated issues spanning multiple departments.
* Prepare required ad-hoc monthly and quarterly reports.
* Assisted management with larger projects.
* Ensure that revenue recognition is done correctly on each account
* Use accounting software SAP to extract data and download to Excel and make spreadsheets to study accounts.
* Prepare backup for reconciliations by running accounts for ledger and comparing to last month's activity.
* Work with Cost centers and Work Orders and Job Orders in SAP.
* Taking care of customer service including handling queries and complaints.
* Move Daily Time for Tech's to the correct job order and cost center
* Training new staff members.
* Ad-Hoc reports done on weekly basis.
Colorado Technical University
2013 - 2015
MBA in Accounting
Colorado Technical University
2011 - 2013
BALANCE SHEET, RECONCILIATIONS, VARIANCE ANALYSIS, ACCOUNTING, EXCEL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Highlights of Qualifications
* Data analysis and Account analysis.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, & multi-tasking.
* Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, and data manipulation within several different accounting software's.
* Ability to work independently without supervision or in a group setting.
* Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
* Monthly, Quarterly, and Annually Variance Analysis and Explanation.
* Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
* Various Journal Entries done for closing general ledger each month. Skills
* Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Office PowerPoint
* Time Management
* Highly Organized
* Adaptable and quick learner
* ERP experience (SAP, NIBS, Ensemble, Black line, Web focus)
* Communication Skills
* Inventory Management
* Manufacturing Costing Experience
* Strong analytical skills