Kevin Cato Mobile: 312-***-****
email@example.com Page 1 of 3
Kevin V. Cato
Nashville TN 37211 firstname.lastname@example.org
Results driven Executive with an early adoption to LEAN that has demonstrated operational success with fortune 500 companies such as Stanley Black & Decker, Caterpillar, and Danaher. EDUCATION
Master in Business Administration, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Hartford CT. BS Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee State University, Nashville TN. 6 Sigma Master Black Belt, Danaher Business Systems PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
“Lean” Business Tools:
Value Stream Transformation, Hoshin Kanri / Policy Deployment, Standard Work, Obeya Room, Gemba Walk, Kanban, Heijunka, MBB 6- Sigma, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP), Product Stream Development, Supplier/Vendor Development.
Stanley Black & Decker 2015- 2017
STANLEY BLACK & DECKER – NEW BRITAIN, CONNECTICUT
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., formerly known as The Stanley Works, is a Fortune 500 American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products and locks headquartered in New Britain, Connecticut.
As Vice President of Global Supply Chain Management / Stanley Security Div. (2015 ~ 2017) responsible for Supply Chain Transformation through the development of Stanley Branded Product & Supply Management.
• 2B Global operations residing in US, China, India, Canada, & Europe
• 560M in Material Spend & 58M in Contract Labor
• 20.7M Productivity thru Strategic Sourcing
• 4.4M Working Capital thru Payment Terms of 105 days
• 2.1M Organic Growth thru New Supplier Innovation Caterpillar 2005- 2015
CATERPILLAR – PEORIA, ILLINOIS
As one of the Fortune 50, Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. As Corporate Director of Caterpillar Production System for Suppliers (2010 ~ 2015) responsible for Total Cost of Ownership savings through Supplier Development. Using the Caterpillar Production System to deliver value through the extended value stream.
• 87 Global Strategic Distressed Suppliers (270 Value Stream Transformations)
• 21% gain in SSP and 27% increase in Capacity without Capital.
• 3M In Price Reduction
• 700K In External Revenue (Lean Transformation sold to non- distressed suppliers) As General Manager for the Hydraulic and Hydraulic Systems (2005 ~ 2010) Business Unit with Kevin Cato Mobile: 312-***-****
email@example.com Page 2 of 3
responsibility for all aspects of Caterpillar’s hydraulic business, including product design, sourcing, manufacturing, sales, and financial results.
• P&L responsibility of 2 Billion (3 Locations & Approximately 1,500 people)
• Increased External Sales / Organic Growth by 17%
• Reduced operating foot print with Single Piece Flow from 3.2Msq.ft. to 1.3Msq.ft.
• Delivered Direct & Indirect Labor savings of 7.3M.
• Improved Working Capital by 80M.
Honeywell Aero-Space 2004- 2005
HONEYWELL – PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Fortune 100 company with 32Billion in sales where Aero-space & Defense is the largest contributor. As Director of Honeywell Operating Systems responsible for driving functional excellence initiatives across AES businesses by developing and deploying the Honeywell Operating System. Specific duties include:
• Develop HOS Value Stream Transformation model.
• Deployed HOS Transformation across ASD 30 facilities.
• Delivered 1.2M in Cost Reduction.
Danaher Corporation 1995- 2004
DANAHER MOTORS- La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland, Mumbai India, Juarez Mexico, and Westchester PA Is the 75th largest company in the US. A leader in specialty motors for the worldwide market. As Director of Operations & Global Supply Chain (2002- 2004) P&L responsibility for 4 plants in 4 countries. Total platform is equivalent to $90M and supported by 458 associates.
• Strategically moved Switzerland (Portescap) operations to Low Cost region
• Established Manufacturing in Mumbai India
• Reduce direct labor cost by 52% and improved Shipping Performance from 87% to 95%. CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, Simsbury, CT
Provider of comprehensive electrical motors, drives, and controllers for a wide range of industries. As DBS Corporate Manager (2000-2002) responsible for developing the Danaher Business Systems (DBS) model and driving variable cost reduction via Low Cost Region utilization.
• Developed DBS Playbook.
• Via Standard Work relocated the newly acquired Superior Motors to Juarez, Mexico.
• Reduced labor cost 61 percent on a 65 Million dollar platform. JACOBS VEHICLE SYSTEMS, Bloomfield CT
Provider of Engine Brakes to the world-wide leaders in diesel engine manufacturing. (Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar, Mack, Hino, Mitsubishi, Volvo
As Operations Manager Cummins Business & Components (1998 ~ 2000) responsible for QDC of a $42 M business segment and supported by 52 associates.
• Increased “on time” deliver from 73% to 94% by level loading production and material Kanban.
• Reduced warranty cost from 120K to 43K thru 6 Sigma MBB implementations.
• Slashed tooling cost 38% and increased tool life by 22% by creating a “Kiosk” competitive market. As Marketing Manager of Asian & European Business (1997 ~ 1998) responsible for increasing sales through product development and market expansion.
• Developed “toll gate” process which reduced new product development lead time from 39 to 11 weeks.
• Developed marketing and educational foundation to displace competitive “exhaust” brakes.
• Established a long term exclusivity agreement with Renault of France. As Manufacturing Manager Hino Business & Common Components (1995 ~ 1997) responsible for Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost through kaizen activities.
• Introduced Cellular Flow.
• Implemented MRB (Material Review Board) practice to reduce DPM from 5,435 to 122.
• Increased Shipping Performance from 23% to 93%
Kevin Cato Mobile: 312-***-****
firstname.lastname@example.org Page 3 of 3
HONDA OF AMERICA MFG., Engine Plant, Anna, OH 1988 ~ 1995 Provider of fine automotive and motorcycle engines for all 3 US based final assembly plants. As Operations Manager of Suspension Assembly (1994 ~ 1995) successfully implemented the 1995 new model Accord and Prelude suspension assembly process into production.
• Reduced labor content by 23% through introduction of Standard Work.
• Product launch 60 days ahead due to development of equipment. Produced 1994 & 1995 models. As Equipment Service Coordinator (1992 ~ 1994) developed Total Preventive Maintenance program for 3.6 Million in equipment. (Iron Casting Dept., Iron Machining Dept., and Suspension Assembly Dept)
• Reduced total plant downtime from 6.7 to 1.3 hour per week.
• Eliminated “repetitive lost time” from 48% to 9%. As Engineering Coordinator (1990 ~ 1992) Engineer of the Year contest (1991)
• Designed and installed an unloading device to safely unload suspension assemblies from the production line.
• 1.1M Saved through safely addressed a 3-year-old issue where 1 associate applied for disability, 2 associates were on light duty and several grievances had been filed. As Engineering Staff (1988 ~ 1990) Engineer of the Year contest (1990)
• Designed and patented an automated “torque checker” to eliminate manual inspection of rotor hub assemblies.
• 180K Saved by provided the means to determine a cross threaded bold. Enabled Honda to provide statistical proof of quality to Highway Safety and Control commission. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, WHITES CREEK, TN 1983 ~ 1988 United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) is a package delivery company. The Company delivers packages each business day for 1.8 million shipping customers to 6.1 million consignees in over 200 countries and territories. As Pre-Load / Next Day Air Manager (1983 ~ 1988) responsible for the 3rd shift timely unload and load of daily shipments.
• Develop Standard Work for the Next Day Air inter-facility through put.
• Developed Standard Work and Managed 18 hourly workforce.