Fong, Burt Way Kwong
U.S.Mobile: 415-***-****, Email: email@example.com
Birth date: 1962-03-31US citizen (Chinese)
Detail oriented, organized, analytical and open mind, great personality and able to communication to all level included executives. Exceptional team-worker along with multi-tasks handling capability independently and excellent problem solver; prioritized and time management with well managed ROI. Experience with start-up from process set up to drive for continue business growth, and P&L respond.
Strength in alliance management on Software and solution selling from both licensing and SaaS model including upgrade and services renewals. Hands on experience on PaaS and joint-solution development alliance support GSI and ISV.
Over 10 years sales Executive management experience from retail sales, it hardware distribution.
Senior strategic alliance manager Sept 2014 –July 2017
Hitachi data system
Main achievement and key role:
- Built alliance management team for GSI, ISVs and strategic partners including Cisco, VMWare, SAP, Veritas and Commvault... while also focus on Customer success management for the co-accounts mainly larger Enterprises and Finance firms.
Providing personalized yearly strategy planning with quarterly release review to executive management and support customer to develop appropriated strategy that maximizes feature adoption and industrial mapping solution.
- Define and drive targeted goal-based support engagement plan to realize key business and meet customer expectation by anticipating and orchestrating in the resolution of their key/top issues, act as an escalation point and collaborate with other departments from both internal and external as needed.
- In supporting the Customer success Management, lead my team by working with key partners on key accounts with SaaS after sales review, service selling, up-sell and renewal opportunities. Define customer inquiries and provide solution to maintain high level of customer satisfaction and usage of our solutions; support the Joint-solution development of key initiatives such as Public Security Industry, Healthcare and Smart Transportation…;
- Helped to win major projects including China Eastern airline, Capital Online, Bank of China and National Security Bureau.
- Managed to over achieved assigned quota each year and helpto growth the OEM business with Brocade on large double digit (over 20% YTY from 2014-2017).
Senior manager, Strategic alliance Jan 2005 – Aug 2014
IBM, BPO Greater China
Main achievement and key role:
- From 2011-2014, As Senior Alliance manager in SWG for 8 top Global consulting partner of IBM including Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini, KPMG, Infosys, and CSC…I I help the success of Joint-solution development with targeted GSI
including POC, GTM and sales enablement training to different industry focus such as State-Grid with Accenture, Energy and Power with Capgemini, and FSI with KPMG...
Support the growth of IBM SW business with carry out a continuous trend analysis for proactive risk mitigation and contribute to strategic customer program. Collaborate for joint-solution/SaaS project with key SIs.
Develop a trusted relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers, by work with each partner in understand and respond to their needs and bring customer value in the focus. Identify key elements of customer's environment and cloud strategy and leverage with internal resource for support needed.
- 2008-2011, as senior channel manager for North China, Start from zero ground, I managed to build partner eco-system for Greater Northern China in coverage of 5 provinces and one major city for over 200 partners with team of 15 people; managed to contribute 96% of the total revenue through partner selling with 25%+ YTY growth each single year in the region and build great trust from partners, and gain rich resource for my business development career. By supporting the VAR/Distributor to develop their market presents and 2nd tier re-seller development, and built ECO-system with industry/technology (solution) mapping. Reaching 800M USD in year 2010 for the region of Greater NC.
- 01/2005-12/2007, as Business development manager for SWG, greater China and directly report to EMEA & APAC. Focus in IBM WebSphere and carry the function of key strategy resource provider for IBM SWG worldwide with monthly reporting to Global VP. Partner development and management including technical enabling, and sales forecast planning.Key member of SOA solution team and collaborated with R&D members and Key national SIs, being bridgein driving China middleware selling including support to set up Innovation center for SOA and promote joint-solutions in Ufida (Yongyou) and Kingdee (JinDie), from joint-marketing, POC, sales engagement with pipeline sharing, and OEM selling...
General Manager Feb 02 - Jan 05
Founder Century Information System group, IBM division
Main duties and achievements – fully respond for P&L
Build the IBM server distribution business for the listed group of Founder International with P&L respond and control. Start from business plan writing with market analytical result to define product & solution focus, build distributionmanagement unit of 20 staffs with 4 branch offices covered 500+ partners for the ECO-system including. Set up partner program with strategy planning, channel partner engagement agreement, distribution structure and solution partner liaison.In less then 6 months, we became the top 7th distributor in IBM’s NT Server market in PRC, with 20M yearly rev. and 1M USD net-profit the first year.
COO and Sales Director Jan 01 - Feb 02
Kryton Person - a world leading water resistance solution for concrete materials
Main duties and achievements
Build sales system from zero ground while providing management for product supply life-cycle and after sales support. Lead team to won key projects with Le-Shan Buda, and the Three Gorgeous Damp and CQ ChangJiang Bridge...
Business Consultant/ Senior project manager July 00 – Jan 01
I-aspec Consulting Services Ltd. HK.
Main duties and achievements:
Providing business-consulting services to clients including business re-structure, e-business environment set up, work-flow advises, staffing program improvement, and training programs for all levels…etc.
Lead the China sales team in achieving the target in total e-solution selling with application development, business module re-define and monitoring through the whole processing.
Major accounts/projects included: BOL China’s on and off line business management, Natural Beauty China’s e-business transformation, and Long-kee international, the world’s 3rd largest in die-cast industry (manufacturing
Lead with success for Project-I, the developer solution widely used by Sun-Hong-Kee development Corp. for its E-documenting and drawing’s management.
Senior Project Manager Mar 00 – Sept 00
Tom.Com Co. Ltd. – international operations/ Business development, China
Main contribution (internal transfer to Founder I-Aspec)
- Strategy planning and sales operation system set up and implementing with fine-tuning for the best business module in order to develop a master portal with a vision to include city-portals all over the world’s major cities.
- E-commerce Project consulting with finding out partnership opportunities by working with other Hutchison’s sub divisions; support the CRM call center development.
General Manager, sales/Business development May 97 – Dec 99
Thakral IT Group, - IBM product distribution & reselling
Main duties and achievements
- Build a group of 50+ staff Distribution network: set up with 12 sales offices in China’s major cities and 7 regional branches including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Chengdu, Xian, and Shenyang, one of the largest coverage in China’s IT distribution business at the time and managed the channel distribute to cover 400+ 2nd tiers whom were SI companies, SME and foreign enterprises for the most impact in IBM China distribution. I personally involved on Corporate Account Sales management which had built up solid relationship with vendor IBM, end users from medium and large Chinese Enterprise and Financial institutions.
- Result with effective analytical skill in develop operational strategies which help me to respond and react to the fast price change market at that time and generate over 8% in Net profit for the department, (compared to the average margin of 3% in HW market)
- Set up efficient channel distribution format for the company to achieve the goal of multi transactions and become the only distributor in the business with less than one month inventory and turnover, while taking full responsible for P&L.
- Target driving, Led the unit grew from 3 million RMB in monthly turnover to 30 million (3M USD) per month after 12 month and 60+ million per month after 18 month. At the peak time of Dec 1998, the unit had reached 100 million RMB. (became the 2nd largest distributor for IBM PCD in 1999)
Vice General Manager - Sales & Marketing Mar. 95- Mar. 97
Lamex Holding LTD - Offices furniture retailing and directs whole selling mainly in HK and PRC
Main duties and achievements
Sales structure set up including recruiting and on the job training with direct marketing implementation, brand building support, sales operation management for the small branch unit, and business development that manages the expansion of 20 representing offices in major cities besides Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Successfully set up the sales structure combination of direct sales system and dealer/Channel Sales which covering over 27 major cities in China.
Communicate and negotiate with senior management and board level from big firms and international enterprises with
Hands on for total project management from CAD design, Quotation, logistic, site monitoring and to after sales services
Marketing management from Budget, planning, design to completion with P&L responsible for the unit,
Business development manager May 93– Feb. 95
Main duties and achievement
Business planning, market analysis, sales team building, distribution network set up and management, retail shop overall management including location, shop design coordination, recruit, training and P&L respond...
Worked with manufacturing site to assure product quality were met before release to sales field with Matel Toys inspection requirement. (we were the OEM Global and re-seller for Bartman train model and Bobbies in China)
Built 8 shops plus 20+ assignment counters with local department stores in 1 years for the premium toys.
Sales Engineer/ Project Manager Sept. 90 – Feb. 93
TTI-Testron, Irvine, California
Nature: Manufacture of interface device for IBM, Intel, Xerox, HP, Epson, and Honeywell...etc.
Main duties and achievements
Provide customer services with technical verification from project design to delivery and after-sales management.
Act as the bridge of communication between the end user, design firm and the manufacture department on manufacture processing procedure write up with completion.Account management with customer success management.
Store Manager July 85 - Dec. 87
Bay Area Furniture, Hotel liquidation, San Francisco
Nature: Hotel liquidation furniture reselling, wholesales/retail
- retail store management including inventory and book keeping, logistic management, window display and staffing for 3 stores in the bay area.
Working closely with motel owners and five-star hotel executive management for buying resource and cash return tracking.
Senior Store Manager Jan 82 - Feb. 85
Marathon Sports Chain - Hong Kong
Nature: Sports goods retail
- retail shop management for 6 stores(started from two stores to over 20 branches in HK)
- recruit, train and daily management including warehousing and cashiering and P&L responsibility.
- managed weekly promotion including window display, marathon sponsor and support, co-marketing even with HK sports bureau...
Sales Supervisor Sept 80 - Jan 82
Tokyo Sports Co. LTD. Hong Kong
Nature: sports goods retail
- start from store sales, promoted to consignment counter supervisor in 6 months, mainly respond for department store consignment goods sales management including brand promotion of Mizuno, the number one sports brand in Japan with products of Golfing, Valley-ball and Running; plus Fila and many others.
Experiences with BTB, Cloud and CSM, SaaS, PaaS &IaaS; including consultation selling and partnering for dedicated customers and industries such as retail, Security and Government.
Fluently speaking and professional writing in English and Chinese in Mandarin, Cantonese, very understandable in Shanghai dialect, Sichuen dialect
Bachelor of Science -- Industrial Electronic Technology Engineering, San Jose State University, Cal. 1988 – 1990
City College of San Francisco – Engineering. 1986-1988
China-Europe Inter. Commerce Business College, Strategic Planning, IBM Internal promotion courses 2011
Excellent communication skills at all levels with outstanding performance in supervisory and management tasks
Creative and innovative
Able to perform well even under pressure
Detail oriented and strength with problem solving