James R. Robertson
CALL CENTER MANAGEMENT
Skilled professional with an extensive background in the center environment in a management capacity as well as financial industry management experience. An effective team-builder with strong analytical, management and organizational skills. Ability to instill corporate vision and develop an atmosphere of teamwork focused on meeting organizational and corporate objectives. Project management experience, including rolling out of new call center in the United Kingdom and consolidating existing sites. Managed and directed a staff of 25 Team Managers, 25 Team Leads, 500+ employees and daily call volume of 1million+ calls.
• Seasoned Manager • Time Management • Analytical Skills
• Business Decision Making Skills • People-Oriented • Process Improvements
• Risk Management Assessor • Drives for Results • Team Training EXPERIENCE
Capital Group / American Funds, San Antonio, TX 2007 – 2018 Team Manager
Managed a team of nine associates that perform a broad array of customer service activities and initiatives in support of the company’s products and services. Oversaw team activities and major department initiatives.
• Consistently led department in schedule adherence/productivity while exceeding quality standards.
• Established work assignments and responsibilities and ensured activities were completed timely.
• Facilitated weekly team meetings, regular trainings and manager meetings.
• Evaluated performance, recommended salary increases and promotions for staff.
• Company contact for special handle and employee accounts team move to San Antonio. Selected and managed special accounts team in addition to core team. Positive feedback from corporate senior management on smooth transition and high-quality work.
• Maintained special account business continuity plan between company sites.
• Oversaw and approved high dollar wire transactions in excess of 200 million dollars for payroll and advisor commissions.
• Created savings of 50+ FTE and additional training and development opportunities. Recommended, established and implemented cross site departmental adherence time metrics and expectations for production work to include phones and processing paperwork/imaged work for 1,200+ associates.
• Company contact for adherence report questions and assistance.
• Successfully practiced change management. Facilitated meetings with managers cross site to discuss background, reporting, misconceptions and best practices of adherence/productivity changes to ensure a consistent and positive message.
• Ensured company compliance with government regulatory requirements through weekly audit of inappropriate disclosure of client information.
• Coordinated training of department associates on annual changes to IRS rules and regulations.
• Ensured annual departmental updates to internal and external documents.
• Reviewed and recommended compliance needs for IRS and governmental changes.
• Coordinated and tracked management group vacation to ensure departmental coverage. INFONXX, San Antonio, TX 2001-2007
Assistant Call Center Manager (2005- 2007)
Managed and oversaw day to day call center operations, special projects, and activities. Managed performance and continual development of Team Managers and Team Leads.
• Delegated work assignments and allocated resources as necessary.
• Supported the Call Center Manager/Director and acted in their absence.
• Worked directly with Human Resources to ensure employee relations.
• Interviewed and hired internal/external Team Manager candidates.
• Managed Team Manager and Team Lead vacation time scheduling.
• Conducted client conference calls and call monitoring calibration sessions.
• Conducted quarterly and annual performance reviews; recommend pay increases.
• Managed and oversaw monthly bonus file for Team Managers and Team Leads.
• Conducted staff meetings to plan and communicate department activities.
• Accountable for overall efficiency and profitability of the company.
• Point of contact for facilities, technical issues/concerns and suggestion box. ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION
INFONXX, San Antonio, TX
Weblink Wireless, San Antonio, TX
Customer Service Representative II
Customer Service Representative
Harvard Business Corporate Learning 2016-2017
The Power of Intention, Trust and Credibility, Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Steadiness, Change Ready, Time Management, Feedback and Resistance, Behavior Coaching, Coaching vs. Criticizing, Navigating Conflict, Aligning Around Strategy and Persuasion and Influence. Call Center Workshops and Training 2001- 2017
Cultural Diversity, Coaching for Success, Facilitating Meetings, Stress Management, Time Management, Sexual Harassment, Security Awareness, Workplace Violence Threat Awareness and Mitigation, Conducting Career Conversation Dialogue Sessions, Writing a Self-Assessment, Decision Making, Strategy Planning and Execution, Diversity and Inclusion, Presentations, Unconscious Bias Workshop, Power of Attorney Self Certification, Managing Risk through Coaching, How to be an Effective Risk Manager, Managing Risk Through Controls, Coaching Active Listening, Competencies for Associates, FYI for Improvement (Korn Ferry), Conducting an Effective Development Dialogue, Identifying Fraud Workshop, Impact of One, Managing Escalated Calls, Road to Harassment-Free Workplace for Managers, Advanced Anti-Money Laundering Prevention, USA PATRIOT and Bank Secrecy Act Predictive Index Workshop 2006
• 21 Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) certification credit hours.
• 2.1 International Association of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Palo Alto College, San Antonio, TX; Course work completed in general studies ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION
Solid PC, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, Tableau, Lync, Sametime, Ceridian Time Professional, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Genesys and Cisco phone systems, ADP reporting, Real Time Adherence
(RTA), eSchedule Planner (eSP) and eWorkforce Management system (eWFM) skills. Volunteer Experience
Langley Elementary School, San Antonio, TX; Watch D.O.G.S.; 2017-Current San Antonio Pet’s Alive, Petco Adoption Center, San Antonio, TX; 2012-2017 Valley Hi Elementary School, San Antonio, Mentor; 2003-2005 REFERENCES
Contact Center Manager
Relationship: Former Call Center Manager at Infonxx Years known: 17
Senior Director Customer Care Operations
Relationship: Former Senior Director of Operations at Infonxx Years know: 17
Manager – Shareholder Services
Capital Group / American Funds
Relationship: Former colleague at Capital Group / American Funds Years known: 11