ONYEABOR, PRINCE O.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/princeonyeabor AGILE FOCUSED AND DATA CENTRIC BUSINESS ANALYST
Creative and business-savvy professional with 5 years of progressive experience across diverse industry segments. Proven ability to combine vision, creativity, and strong business acumen with well-developed agile project management and leadership skills and apply them to business analysis, data analysis, digital marketing, business intelligence, digital transformation, and a strong digital culture where cloud-driven collaboration comes as second nature in executing daily responsibilities. Areas of expertise include:
Requirement Engineering (BDD)
Digital Strategy formulation/planning
Translating business requirements to
Scale agile portfolio to workstream level
Stakeholder Management & Engagement
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Modelling notation/presentation (UML)
User centred design/User Experience
JIRA/Confluence/Smaply/Basecamp/Gliffy/PM.com/Advanced Microsoft skills/DevOps
Data analysis and visualisation tools (Python, R, SQL, SSAS, Tableau, PowerBI, GitHub) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Method Data Science LLC June 2018 – Present
Community Data Scientist
I work remotely with a global team of data scientists to assist startups and SMEs in different countries to harness the potentials of their data by refining the data, analyzing the data and presenting them in formats that will provide meaningful insights and aid in intelligent business decision making. Digital Bananas Technology Mar 2017 – Present
Digital Business Analyst
I work with digital transformation team responsible for digitising and automating the communication channels, creating a centralized customer data center with multi-channel integration and making informed decisions, driving business and customer centricity through customer data analysis and data visualisation. Currently working on data migration and integrating AI into the business processes. Key Contributions:
• Served as lead business analyst for multiple software implementation projects up to $500,000.
• Led agile teams that deliver business value by conducting extensive industry-based market research, feasibility studies, risk assessments, SWOT analysis, gap analysis, competitor analysis etc. to create a justifiable business case.
• Achieved 52% increase in repeat customer sales, 46% increase in overall sales, 21% increase in transactions, 20% increase in average order value by managing end-to-end digital transformation project which integrated an Artificial Intelligence bot and CRM into Business Intelligence.
• Delivered excellent digital solutions by identifying key stakeholders and business users, worked with them to accurately elicit business requirements that align with business objectives and refined the requirements to ensure they can be implemented.
• Identified issues while conducting Gap analysis of the ‘AS IS’ and ‘TO BE’ and performed root cause analysis leading to solution recommendations and process improvements.
• Delivered solutions fit-for-purpose by organising focus group meetings for persona definition, customer journey mapping to identify major pain points across the customer journey and using the pain points and emotional arc to define deliverables from a user story point of view.
• Ensured productive iterations by working with product owners to translate user stories to technical requirements (BDD and gherkin syntax), collaborating during sprint grooming and estimation sessions to analyse, estimate and refine product backlog available in JIRA.
• Ensured issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved within the iteration scope.
• Achieved 40% reduction in time spent on stakeholder feedback process by creating wireframes, use cases, storyboards and the entire customer journey with key screens.
• Managed project deadlines by facilitating daily scrum meetings where teams identified potential blockers to ongoing projects, offered solutions to mitigate same and escalated where necessary.
• Reduced advertising cost by 95% by working closely with digital marketing team to analyse and drive digital marketing campaigns with key metrics, KPIs and action plans.
• Reduced project defects by 40% by implementing best practices during user stories documentation, thereby improving performance testing results.
• Actively participated in usability and user experience testing by working closely with QA team in creating test plans, test cases and carrying out functional, non-functional tests before deployment. This ensured we always released functional solutions to the market.
• Interfaced with project managers, developers, QA, business intelligence, digital marketing, UX/UI, technical staff from internal and business groups to support production activities. Intelfort Nigeria Limited Oct 2017 – Apr 2018
Business (Intelligence) Analyst
In-house business analyst that led teams to deliver business intelligence and data management solutions to clients in different industrial sectors, majorly telecommunications and financial services. Key Contributions:
• Achieved 85% reduction in staff redundancy by consulting with client, to identify and analyse business requirements, deliverables and artifacts required for a data warehouse and coordinated its implementation. This enabled client staff to gather, analyse and report data more efficiently.
• Streamlined payment approval processes that reduced time from intake to approval by about 75% and increased resource availability by 80%, by leveraging on the data warehouse to grant access rights to responsible parties which ensured they could approve on-the-go.
• Provided clarity to non-technical members of clients’ teams by identifying key variables that drive clients’ businesses and prepared adequate documentations (flowcharts, Entity Relationship Diagrams etc.) to establish interdependency.
• Served as the primary Subject Matter Expert for financial and business process improvement related projects for all project teams.
• Represented the team in weekly client meetings to communicate project status, resolve escalations and analyse possible delivery improvements.
• Improved business productivity/decision making for clients by extracting data from Microsoft and Oracle SQL databases (ETL) and using them for exploratory analysis, building prediction models using Python, R and SSAS, and building dashboards using Tableau and Power BI.
• Recognised by management, clients and internal groups for attention to detail, identifying risks, response-time, and dedication to problem solving to keep projects on-time for delivery.
• Created knowledge repository with the project documents to ensure future usability. PricewaterhouseCoopers Nigeria July 2015 – August 2017 Senior Associate
Part of teams (team lead/team member) to provide services across clients’ entire value chain. Worked with Tax Directors and Partners on several engagements including mergers and acquisitions, tax data and analytics etc. At the greatest extent, I managed the entire clients’ tax compliance functions. Key Contributions:
• Made tax laws more accessible to clients by managing the development of a tax app (Tax247) which has gained massive acceptance internationally amid glowing reviews in the app stores.
• Improved the tax efficiency of a Sale and Purchase Agreement underlying the sale of a global offshore installation business worth $1.2billion by identifying tax leakages in the contract draft and suggesting updates that were incorporated before sign-off.
• Achieved potential tax savings of up to $1.5million by advising a major can manufacturing company on tax optimisation initiatives and efficient intergroup restructuring and prepared simulations that would yield from its implementation. I also prepared tax models for monthly and annual tax projection and planning for same company.
• Reduced the potential tax liability of a multinational oil company from N40billion to N30million by liaising with the FIRS during tax audits and identifying/challenging faulty assessments.
• Responsible for 35% tax savings and improved tax function effectiveness by conducting tax health check/process review on one of the foremost oil and gas groups in Nigeria to identify weak processes that cause tax leakages within the group and proposed optimisation alternatives.
• Led the team that conducted tax due diligence for one of the biggest merger and acquisition in the Nigerian consumer products industry and a host of other mergers and acquisitions.
• Advised a leading global social media company on the contract structure and tax implications for its proposed investment in Nigeria.
• Advised on efficient inter group debt/equity restructuring for a major multinational tobacco manufacturing company and a multinational gold mining company. PricewaterhouseCoopers Nigeria August 2013 – June 2015 Associate
Worked as a team member on various assignments including corporate tax planning and structuring, human resources services, development of efficient tax models and tax advisory services for multinationals and local players in different industrial sectors. Key Contributions:
• Achieved 100% project completion rates on my projects by developing and managing detailed project timelines which were monitored to ensure high-budget projects stayed on track.
• Achieved 100% compliance with monthly and annual tax filing requirements by developing and maintaining a compliance checklist which was closely monitored for triggers.
• Delivered timely tax computations for clients’ financial statements provisioning and disclosure.
• Improved tax reporting by 37% for a foreign agricultural company in Nigeria by conducting total tax audit on the transactions, identifying compliance gaps and making recommendations.
• Validated the tax processes of companies and developed models for tax planning and for monitoring their compliance with statutory regulations.
• Advised start-ups and investors on the tax implications of setting up new businesses in Nigeria. EDUCATION
Diploma in Digital Marketing and Digital Transformation (In View) Digital Marketing Institute
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Mechanical Engineering (2011) University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State