P. O. Box **
Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
• Obtained Masters of Public Administration Degree from Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia in the year of 1990.
• Obtained Doctorate of Philosophy Degree in Social Work (Policy, Planning, & Administration) from Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia in the year of 1989.
• Obtained Masters of Social Work Degree from Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia in the year of 1982.
• Obtained Bachelor of Art Degree in Psychology/Physical Education from Hampton University, in Hampton, Virginia in the year of 1979.
Professional Excellence Summary
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE (Adjunct Lecturer)
Eighteen years of teaching experience
• Have over 18 years’ experience in Lecturing at college level H. Lavity Stoutt Community College in the British Virgin Islands.
• Have experienced as the Director of Student Services at the college level.
• Have over six years’ experience as an adjunct lecturer at the University of the West Indies in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
• Certified as a Mediator.
• Online lecturer: Public Administration
• Conduct training in areas of HIV/AIDS, Staff Development, Domestic violence, etc.
• Have experienced with training police officers in Domestic violence.
• Conducted an assessment for the Government of the British Virgin Islands in assessing drug treatment program,
• Psychosocial, domestic violence, substance abuse, and sexual abuse assessment for children, teenagers and adults.
• Appointed by the Governor of the British Virgin Islands to assess National Security of the country.
• Conducted a weekly radio program for establishing a healthy relationship
• Conducted training for a number of organizations in child abuse, domestic violence, staff development, team building and HIV/AIDS.
• Appointed by the court in the British Virgin Islands to assess victims of child abuse and prepare them for court.
• Prepared domestic violence reports and psychological reports for the court before sentencing.
• Performed the role as a Clinical Supervisor of a Court focus Domestic Violence for abusers.
• Trained as a Trainer of Trainers.
• Implemented innovative programs for staff and students.
• Excellent relationship builder with students, faculty, staff and administration.
• Supervised master level students who were working on their masters in counselling and social work in the US Virgin Islands
• Good interpersonal skills with verbal communication
• Conducted a number of training/presentations in areas of team building, time & stress management and building Morale, HIV/AID, child sexual abuse, domestic violence, and relationships.
• Articles written on the following topics: “Why Men Commit Domestic Violence” : “Characteristics of a Batterer”; “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” and “Living with HIV”
2000- present: Adjunct Lecturer: for H. Lavity Stoutt Community College and the University of the West Indies in the British Virgin Islands
• Teach students working towards a 2 year degree (AA Degree) in Psychology, Sociology, Research Methods, Human Growth and Development, Substance Abuse, and study skills, and Principles of Business. Planned lectures, administered examinations. (H. Lavity Stoutt Community College)
• Taught student working on their masters in counseling from the University of the West Indies in Counseling, Public Administration, and Sociology. Planned lectures, administered examinations.
• Supervise bachelor and master level interns
10/2012-2/2018: Executive Director of Family Support Network (Domestic Violence Program)
• Provided overall administrative coordination and policy direction to accomplish the mission of the Family Support Network Program.
• Responsible for program implementation.
•Assisted clients in protection Orders, child maintenance applications, immigration paper work, passport application
•Assisted clients with safety plans
•Processed intake, assessments and referrals for appropriate services
•Go to the prison to assess clients for service
•Conducted anger management, co-parenting classes
•Maintained accurate and confidential records
•Provided ongoing client follow up
•Provided reports to the court on batterers’ progress with anger management classes
•Oversaw and train volunteers
• Oversaw all domestic violence clinical services to ensure appropriate service delivery
• Coordinated and supervise the development and implementation of domestic violence staff training.
• Oversaw the development and implementation of quality assurance protocols, including reviewing charts and audit reports.
• Assisted with grant proposals, reports and program evaluation.
• Oversaw community outreach initiatives
• Prepared the annual budget for the domestic violence program for approval by the Board
• Counseling of victims of domestic violence
• Court appearances
• Processed Protective Orders for victims
• Television and radio appearances
6/2011- 7/2012: Works as a HR/Office Manager at AMS Financial Services in the British Virgin Islands with the following work responsibilities
• Evaluated and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work
assignments and work techniques.
• Maintained records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the
• Completed necessary performance assessments of subordinate staff.
• Supervises and participates in such activities as the classification of positions,
• Preparation of class specifications, job analyses, preparation of examinations,
• Processed work permits for potential international workers.
• Directed staff in the processing of personnel transactions, time keeping, payrolls,
Personnel recordkeeping, insurance, longevity, retirement, and disability management.
• Assisted in the Department Head in the development and implementation of policies within the office. Developed operating procedures, forms and systems.
• Planned, developed and facilitated changes in procedures, forms and practices, workflows, personnel assignments, and equipment.
• Assisted in the preparation and maintenance of the office budget.
• Applied the labor laws, regulations to personnel situations.
• Directed staff in counseling, management and employees on grievances and other
complaints originating from individual work situations or work environments.
• Developed assessment techniques and evaluates staff development and training
Programs, methods, and materials; makes or recommends improvements.
• Develop training programs for staff development
• Conducts training sessions, workshops, conferences, and seminars on a specific area.
3/2008-10/2010: Works as a HR/Office Manager at CCT Global Communications in the British Virgin Islands with the following work responsibilities
• Designed and implemented staff appraisal systems and develop effective training policies
• Processed work permits for potential international workers
• Advised general manager/managers/supervisors on disciplinary issues
• Monitored employment legislation
• Built better employee morale
• Acted as a liaison with carriers, vendors, and unsatisfactory employees;
• Set departmental goals and objectives in collaboration with department managers/supervisors
• Performed customer service functions in an exemplary manner by answering employee requests and questions.
• Drafted policies and procedures, training curricula and other HR initiatives.
• Oversaw the day-to-day administration of company benefits,
• Created and/or maintained databases for all HR records management functions.
• Maintained and oversees all employee records and files in accordance with the local labor code
• Conducted and/or directed new employee orientation, open enrollment, training, employee workshops and other employee- related activities.
• Assisted in maintaining a departmental budget pertaining to supplies, recruitment costs, training, morale activities, insurance premiums, etc.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters
• Ability to analyze problems, find solutions and effectively communicate with all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees
• Proficiency with personal computer (PC) and software applications, including Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook).
11/1998-10/2006: Works as the Director of Student Life and Special Events at the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College in the British Virgin Islands with the following work responsibilities
• Responsible for the daily operation and activities of the Office of Student Services.
• Supervised 3 employees and the entire student body.
• Lecturer: (Psychology, Sociology, Women Issues and Public Administration).
• Assisted with the formation of student organizations and clubs. Act as an advisor to the Student Government Association.
• Housing placement, established policies and procedures for housing, etc.
• Provided a range of administrative function of the Department of Student Services (i.e. Budget, policies, record management)
• Assisted staff and students in prioritizing workload
• Staff and student development training
• Budget preparation and managing
• Analyzed issues between students, faculty, parents and staff which results in making recommendations and advice.
• Responsible for tracking problems between students and faculty
• Interviewed parents, students and community members for service.
• Developed and maintained effective working relationships between the Police Department, Social Development, the College and the Community.
• Crisis Intervention Team Leader
1996-1998: Works as Case Manager/ Men’s Group Leader/Head Therapist at the Family Resource Centre, Inc. in the St. Thomas Virgin Islands with the following work responsibilities:
• Interviewed children, youths, and women victims of abuse and/or witnesses to violence.
• Responded to emergency crisis (i.e. Rape) involving children, youths and women.
• Case Management; Parenting classes & counselling to families; family intervention
• Worked with a number of organizations dealing with women's issues (HIV/AIDS, domestic violence and health issues)
• Provided ongoing Case Management Services to victims of abuse.
• Facilitated several groups for victims of abuse.
• Provided individual, family, and couples counselling for children and adults who are victims of abuse.
• Assisted victim with emergency housing
• Co-facilitated therapeutic groups for Children, adolescents, Men and women who are victims of abuse and who were ordered by the court for battering.
• Conducted intakes, assessments, discharge reports and psychosocial assessments for abusive clients.
• Maintained a caseload of 50 clients, children ages 5 and older and adults.
1992-1996: Works as the Territorial Director of Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD)/ HIV/AIDS/TB) for the Department of Health in the St. Thomas Virgin Islands with the following work responsibilities:
• Supervised 25 employees.
• Coordinated and evaluated program activities for three islands providing STD/HIV/AIDS/TB services.
• Interviewed and hired potential applicants for employment.
• Provided a range of administrative function of the department (i.e. budget, policies, record management)
• Case Management; family intervention
• Responsible for establishing a number of budgets and managing the funds appropriated by the Federal and Local Government
• Attended legislative and budget hearings to justify spending for programs;
• Implemented special programs/projects
• Grant writing for funds to implement new and existing programs
• Developed training programs for staff development.
• Implemented and monitored activities for STD/HIV/TB Programs.
• Established and implemented legislation, governing STD/HIV/TB for the territory.
• Served on several community based boards.
• Communicated with individuals of varying Non-government and government agencies, including the Federal Government concerning services for clients infected with STD/HIV/AIDS/TB.
• Responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of records and progress notes.
• Stress management for patients diagnosed with breast cancer (2018)
• Radio Show on Healthy Relationship (2015-2018)
•Anger Management (2016-2018)
•Staff development (2017)
• Domestic violence, relationship, parenting (2013-2017)
• Resolving Conflict in Marriage (2012)
• Team Building (October 2010)
• Stress Management and Building Morale (2006-2010)
• HIV Presentation (October, 2008)
• Assertive and aggressive communication for women (April 2003)
• HIV/AIDS (May 2002, September 2002, March 2003, November 2003, June 2004)
• Parenting (ongoing since 1992 to present)
• Domestic violence training to police officers (September 2003 and 2004)
• Child Sexual abuse (January 2001, March 2001, September 2002, November 2002, February 2003, June 2003, January 2004, June 2004)
• Self–esteem: (teenagers (13-17) October 2004
• Domestic violence (ongoing from 2001-2018)
• Time & Stress management (ongoing each semester from 2002-2004)
• Self-Assessment: September (2004)
• Human Resource Association
• Mental Health Association
• Rotary Club of Road Town, British Virgin Islands (Vice President, Community Club Director)