WILLIAM M. SULLIVAN, SR.
** *. ******** ***., *******, NY 10920
Cell: 845-***-**** E-Mail: email@example.com
Labor & Employee Relations / Specialist with extensive, diversified leadership experience providing support to union and non-union employees. A results-driven individual skilled at labor contract negotiations, grievance review, collective bargaining and promoting cohesive relations between labor and management, coupled with proven general business management skills, seeks a position that fully capitalizes on this experience while providing further career growth potential as merited.
PROVEN LABOR RELATIONS / EMPLOYEE RELATIONS / BUSINESS SKILLS MULTI-TASKING TEAM LEADER / TRAINER
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR / NEGOTIATOR CREATIVE BUSINESS STRATEGIST
ORGANIZED PLANNER / DECISION MAKER INTERACT PROFESSIONALLY AT ALL LEVELS
UPSTATE SERVICES GROUP, LLC., Spring Valley, NY 2012 to Present
Employee Relations Coordinator
• Conduct monthly staff meetings for 17 nursing homes throughout New York State, owned or managed
by this company that provides contracted operational management for nursing home facilities.
• Address and remedy any employee conflicts; negotiate labor contracts as warranted.
• Work collaboratively with Human Resources to recruit, hire and onboard new staff.
• Review and update policies with Human Resource Directors at each facility.
• Promote a positive working environment at each facility to encourage employee retention.
UNITED PUBLIC SERVICE EMPLOYEES UNION, Ronkonkoma, NY 09/08 to 2012
Labor Relations Specialist / Business Agent
• Negotiated labor contracts and reviewed / filed grievances on behalf of 1000+ union members in the tri-state area,
comprised of social workers, registered nurses, clerical employees, operations and maintenance employees,
librarians, library support personnel, transportation employees, educational classroom aides / assistants, food
service workers, etc., for this national union with more than 25,000 members.
• Participated in organizing and establishing union shops with organizations.
• Attended grievance hearings and provided problem resolution for members.
• Promoted operational cohesiveness between labor and management.
OFFICE & PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION (OPEIU), Union, NJ 06/04 to 09/08
Labor Relations Specialist / Business Agent - LOCAL 32
• Provided support and labor negotiations for 6000 members (hospitals, medical clinics, credit unions, shipping,
transportation, higher education, utilities, etc.) in the New York and New Jersey area, with employees comprised
of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, chiropractors, appraisers, podiatrists, clinical social workers, teachers, etc.
• Negotiated labor contracts for new members.
• Participated at grievance and collective bargaining meetings.
State University of New York at Purchase, Purchase, NY
BS Communications…Graduated December 2005
United States Navy
RANK: E-5, Petty Officer 2nd Class DUTY: Operations Specialist DISPOSITION: Honorable Discharge