Available Immediately – Visa Sponsorship Not Required
E-commerce Consultant and Sales April 2016 – May 2017 Rakuten Inc.; Tokyo, Japan
• Managed business relationships between Rakuten and over 125 merchants. Advised in matters of product development and improvement of product marketability and page design.
• Achieved and consistently exceeded monthly advertising sales targets.
• Maximized merchant profits through consultation in sales campaigns, developed based on merchant budgets and analysis of web traffic and unit pricing data.
• Presented weekly in English to large groups of management and peers regarding success cases and future strategies; studied others’ success cases to improve personal performance.
• Sold contracts for Rakuten’s credit card hardware device to new merchants.
• Communicated updates to Rakuten Standard Rules and Practices with merchants to receive consent. Writer and Sales Assistant – Intern April 2015 – January 2016 Matcha Inc.; Tokyo, Japan
• Authored and Published articles regarding exploring Tokyo for foreign tourists visiting from around the world.
• Managed appointments and conducted media interviews with hotels, restaurants, and volunteer institutions.
• Communicated with potential client organizations regarding possible future publication in Matcha. Assistant of President Secretary – Intern January 2015 – March 2015 CrowdWorks Inc.; Tokyo, Japan
• Organized and scheduled business trip itinerary, reservations, and meetings for the president.
• Calculated and managed budget items in Microsoft Excel.
• Planned and assisted in preparations of company anniversary event, hosting around 100 people. Education
Bachelor of Arts in Social Science April 2011 – March 2016 Aoyama Gakuin University School of Informatics; Tokyo, Japan
• Degree coursework included economics, finance, and mathematics, as well as Spanish and psychology.
• Founded English Language Circle, an unofficial club meeting weekly to connect English speaking professors and students to practice English conversation skills.
• Focused on English reading, writing, and presentation skills through coursework and projects. English coursework included weekly oral exams and presentations in English on topics in Finance. Study Abroad in United States March 2014 – December 2014 University of Oregon; Eugene, Oregon
• Received credit in variety of subjects alongside American student-body. Classes taken – Business, Sociology, Environmental studies, Spanish, and International Studies.
• American English Institute (at U of O) – Received credits in grammar class level 5 and listening speaking class level 5
(0-6). Excelled in optional English vocabulary and conversation courses.
• Engaged in English naturalization and practice through events, such as weekly coffee hour and thrice weekly conversation partner groups.
Awards and Honors
• Presented the Shop of the Year 2016 Award in Rakuten, an award granted to the sales consultant who managed merchants with the best sales and performance improvement for a given field. (January 2017).
• Granted the Japan Study Abroad Foundation Scholarship (March 2014-December 2014). Strengths and Skills
Native Japanese Speaker Efficient Team Player Results-Oriented Fluent English Speaker Hard-Working Communication Yoga