Ellicott City, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented Senior Software Engineer with 11+ years’ experience. Seeking challenging career in Software Development Sector to get a position of responsibility, using my skills and efficiency to communicate my ideas and views and commit myself for achieving organizational objectives with the team effort and my positive attitude and performance.
Sr. Web Developer Mobile Web
Company: International Student Exchange Programs - Arlington, VA
November 2015 to Present
●Implemented a scalable and secure solution for ISEP Admin Portal consisting of following Modules:
●Implemented Rest API (to Interact with DB using Entity framework, on behalf of Public website and Admin Portal)
●Used Entity Framework Module (EF code first approach)
●Implemented ISEP Shared (consist of classes of Entity Classes, API Shared Objects b/w main module and API and other utility classes)
●Setup TFS environment to track down the tasks and their status, so that done/completed tasks can be assigned to QA Team for functional testing
●Analyzed specifications and requirements provided by the client and regular client interactions in order to understand the client requirements.
●Utilized Agile development using 2 weeks sprints, and provided estimates to the client prior to each Sprint, that resulted in client more readily understand the approximate cost of each feature.
● Worked on compiling technical documentation for various processes, project setups on VS and iis site configuration.
●Involved in heavy backend development work including writing/profiling/refactoring stored procedures, functions and API calls.
●Implemented Authentication and Authorization logic to Authenticate Client Requests.
●Handled Run Time Errors & Design Time Errors by implementing appropriate Error handlers and loggers in C#.Net.
●Used DEVEXPRESS Controls like Grid Control, Date Edit and Tab Control to provide good feel and experience.
●Created database objects using SQL Server including complex Stored Procedures, DTS packages, triggers, cursors, tables and views and other SQL joins and statements for application.
●Using TDD (Test Driven Development) Environment, creating test controllers first to check the interactivity with REST API controllers then implementing the real controllers in Admin Portal
Some features that I have implemented.
●Administrative Dashboard to view all applications submitted along with all details of the student's, Application that qualifies for additional screening,
●Account Creation and Registration page for student and coordinator.
●Page for setting potential leads as active or closed.
●Back office Dashboard to display the status of lead and the staff member that has reached out to that lead. Maintaining a notes that has been entered by staff user.
●Search page for hosting across the globe based on the campus offering the course.
●Created whole flow for processing outgoing student applications, and suggesting options such as hosting, meal, discipline and sub discipline
●Page for showing the current leads to home coordinator.
●Page for showing the current leads for host coordinator.
Sr. Web Developer Mobile Web
Company: Travel Leaders Incorporated - Arlington, VA
October 2013 to November 2015
• Led a team of five .Net software developers and participated in the Design/architecture and refactoring of a number of features of the site.
• Provided support to the existing public facing site and I’m the lead developer in the new feature implementation using C#. VB.NET, jQuery, ASP.NET, Restful Web Services, SSIS, and Google Maps 2.0 API.
• Heavily utilized Restful Web services for all data calls for internal and external applications related to Travel Agents and special Cruise data.
• Performed full stack development work and provided support to three Agent Profile and Cruise /specials Web applications.
• Involved in heavy backend development work including writing/profiling/refactoring stored procedures and implementing scheduled Jobs for nightly automation test execution.
• Implemented a series of SSIS packages which executes a number of ETL data and populates in the target tables which are using for Travel promotions.
• Involved in a series of Front End development on UX /UI to make it Mobile enabled site (HTML5, CSS3, Jquery) leveraging Bootstrap (Responsive design) and AngularJs for DOM manipulation and a declarative user interface.
• Reviewed and analyzed feature requirements and implemented each aspect for all the feature releases.
• Linked social media and relating marketing sources to the web pages.
• Utilized Bugzilla for bug lifecycle, and performed the processes of Creation, assignment, reassignment, prioritizing, commenting and submission of bug.
• Used GIT for source control tasks.
• Worked through Google Analytics in pulling data utilizing third party API's. Successfully populated data from Google in DB tables Google Apis.
• Set up Google Webmaster tool (Google Search Console) for the business by including Meta tags in all the web pages. Experience in working through the GWMT Dashboard, and also worked through the basic metrics. Analyzed the queries indicators.
• Integrated several third party applications within the established client system, example CK editor dashboard, Photo Editor, Email Scheduler, Google maps, pdf libraries.
• Integrated Error log application (log4net) to log all server and code errors in a timely fashion. This helped inefficient bug tracking/resolution in Bugzilla with priority.
• Efficiently worked as a remote developer, coordinating with the team members through Bugzilla, Lync, Slack, GoToMeeting, phone Calls and Outlook.
Sr. Web Developer
Real Integrated Services - Chicago, IL
July 2010 to October 2013
• Designed and developed a new Commercial Real Estate Inspection Dashboard leveraging a series of WCF web services.
• Responsible for implementing Single Sign-On authentication using.NET Framework and SAML (XML-based open standard protocol), Model View Controller MVC 4.0, MS SQL Server and IIS.
• Responsible for setting up the UI/UX for responsive design (RWD) to make it mobile enabled and compatible with The Web and other mobile devices.
• Implemented WCF services using REST and SOAP protocol.
• Managed resources from time to time and led the daily scrum to stand up meetings.
• Customized existing system to fit the needs of several customers. Implement 3 -Tier Architecture using The Web, Business and Data layers in most of the applications.
• Developed test strategies, test plans and test cases and performed Unit Testing to identify and resolve integration, functional and usability issues before deployment.
• Performed Web services Integration Testing using SOAPUI.
• Performed Stress testing by configuring JMeter and running series of test to determine the traffic the site can handle.
• Performed Compatibility tests across different browsers including Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
• Utilized JIRA Bug Tracking System, for reporting, assigning, reassigning and resolution of the Bugs.
Sr. Web Developer / Automation Engineer
Informa USA - Remote
April 2007 to July 2010
Environment: C#,NET, ADO.NET, JMeter Load and Performance testing, SQL Server 2012, SOAPUI, JIRA 5, Windows Server 2003, XML, Selenium Auto tool.
• Involved in the Dashboard development of Medtrack.com which is a research and marketing tool for Medical companies relying on acquisition and financial data.
• Involved in extensive End to End Functional, regression and integration and stress testing of several products of Informa USA.
• Involved in End to end testing of the application as new UI (CSS/HTML) was implemented. Data was loaded into the database by dozens of authors which were then loaded into various databases. Performed validation checks of data using SQL to confirm the data belongs to the correct Product Categories.
• Used SOAPUI for Web Services Testing of various functions of the application.
• Regression Tested different modules of the application from User Input to SQL backend validation.
• Documented, reported and managed defects found during testing in JIRA 6.
• Performed end-to-end testing of web apps integrated with web services.
• Executed test scripts, analyzed results and logged defects in JIRA.
• Wrote Automation scripts for fixes that were part of the scheduled sprints.
• Conducted Load testing to generate the load on the server using JMeter.
• Facilitated quality assurance objectives for assigned projects.
• Developed manual test scripts to support functional and non-functional testing.
• Automation testing using:
- Selenium Integrated development environment.
- Selenium Web driver.
- Selenium Remote Control.
- Selenium Grid
Powerplate Inc Apr 07 – May 08
( www.powerplate.com )
Tools: aspdotnetfrontstore, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL Server, XML/XSLT, Sql reporting, ExtJs, AJAX
Power Plate offers a full-body workout to achieve great results, faster! Involved in the implemented an e-commerce application from design to final deployment. Integrated aspdotnetfrontstore shopping cart. Extensive integration work with 16 languages and 3 countries. Modified core aspdotnetStoreFront Libraries (Shopping Cart, Coupon, Split Shipment, XML packages, Skins, Registration and remote procedures that updated the aspdtnsf underlying schema.
Fresh Track Music Corp Jan 06 – Oct 06
Independent Artist Music Portal
( www.mytracks.com )
Tools: ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, SQL Server, DTS, XML/XSLT, Web Services, Share Point, Flash
The guys behind the music site scour the country for the latest up-and-coming bands and deliver them online, with handy recommendations based on artists you already know. The music catalogs are a great way to sample nearly 100 bands. (And not just crappy 30-second snippets: the full cuts.) Three bucks a month lets you download all the mp3s you want. That means there’s no need to narrow your selections, gentle fanatic. Developed an Online Music Portal for independent Artist. The application allows Artist from different Universities to upload Tracks and other members can subscribe to the service. The application is in the Beta version and will be released in Jun 2007.
• Programming Languages C#, Visual C#, VB.NET, ASP.Net
• Frameworks ASP. NET MVC 4/5, Ext JS, Struts, Entity Framework and Linq, jQuery Mobile, AJAX, LINQ, Sencha Touch
• JS framework: Bootstrap, jQuery, knockout.js, AngularJs
• APIS/Libraries jQuery, AICC /SCORM Protocol, ATS Taleo business and Enterprise, Android / Apple SDK for iPad and iPhone, Script.Combiner.MVC, Yahoo.Yui.Compressor, CKFinder.Net, EcmaScript.NET Infragistics, Telerik Open Access, ORM, ESRI, eBay SDK, Google Earth, MS Virtual Earth, Yahoo Geocode Web service, ASPDotNetStoreFront, Axis, Reflection, Remoting,
• Concepts OOA/OOD (UML, Design Patterns), Networking, Network Security, Firewall’s, Network
• Protocols, Web Services, WCF, WPF, Data Structure
• Software Visual Studio 2010 - 2013, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Enterprise Library 3/4, Apache JMeter
• Version Control: SVN and Git.
• Manual and Automation Testing -Performance & Penetration Testing (7 years), Unit testing utilizing HP QTP and Selenium Auto tool.
WRITING AUTOMATED TESTING USING SELENIUM
ADACTLN - SYDNEY NSW
2014 to 2014
MASTERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH
UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG – WOLLONGONG NSW
2003 to 2006
BSCS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
The University OF PUNJAB - LAHORE
1996 to 2001
US EMPLOYMENT STATUS
US Green Card Holder (A Permanent US Resident)