Sedalia, Colorado *****
425-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org • https://www.linkedin.com/in/lutzleah BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION EXPERT
Highly accomplished change agent with more than 15 years of experience driving strategic improvements across a broad range of industries as a key business partner to executive leadership teams. Demonstrated ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities to accelerate growth, reduce costs and enhance quality. Solid track record of building consensus for change in difficult environments. Exceptional talent for synthesizing proven methodologies, cross-functional collaboration and leadership coaching to design and implement sustainable programs. Areas of Expertise
Continuous Improvement • Strategic Analysis • Six Sigma • Lean Manufacturing • Executive Coaching • Leadership Skills Development • Project Management • Program Development • Forecasting • Resource Allocation • Stakeholder Management • Value Stream Mapping • 5S • Kaizen Best Practices • Innovation • Statistical Analysis • Reporting • Thought Leadership • Communications PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MDL BUSINESS CONSULTING LLC, Sedalia, Colorado • 2015-Present Independent consulting firm focused on delivering client value thru leadership and performance improvement.
Member of the leadership team responsible for developing and delivering strategic objectives and growing client pipeline. Responsible for daily operational management of organization including staffing, budget management, invoicing and collection. Developed and delivered leadership and technical training and coaching for change management, change leadership skills and all levels of LSS Practitioners.
EVOLVE PARTNERS, Houston, Texas • 2012-2015
Management consulting firm with 100 employees focused on energy and process industries. Client Partner
Spearheaded development of engineering process improvement programs for clients in the energy sector. Partnered with executives, directors and general managers to identify program objectives, scope required changes and outline intermediary steps. Facilitated implementation of programs. Provided intensive, executive-level coaching to strengthen leadership. Taught behavioral models to help leaders understand and remove barriers to change. Enabled sustainable change by promoting ownership at operator level. Guided creation of test, feedback, implementation and communication methods.
• Generated benefits totaling $7M+ and slashed meeting time by more than 1,500 hours annually by optimizing execution of small engineering projects for independent oil company.
• Produced more than $600K savings for client by executing 3-day Kaizen event.
• Enhanced quality, consistency and cost of subsea well completions and interventions by profitably overhauling engineering and problem-solving process.
• Overcame opposition to continuous improvement among engineering staff in hierarchical organization by earning buy-in from leadership.
• Closed gaps in existing management systems by introducing formal performance metrics, reporting, best practices and other tools.
LEAH LUTZ • Page 2
425-***-**** • email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/lutzleah EXECUTION EXCELLENCE, Sedalia, Colorado • 2012
Independent consultancy delivering customized strategic improvement solutions. President & Master Black Belt
Proposed, developed and delivered continuous improvement programs for large construction firm. Built relationships with executive leadership and grew pipeline of project opportunities. Managed project teams and coached stakeholders at all levels.
• Delivered quick gains in complexity reduction and efficiency by working with floor-level teams to co-create equipment and material management solutions.
• Produced $1M+ in total savings by chartering projects and coordinating implementation teams.
• Accelerated prioritization of initiatives where previous efforts had stagnated by aligning assessment and continuous improvement program with organizational culture. GEORGE GROUP / ACCENTURE, Denver, Colorado • 2006-2011 Global management, consulting and outsourcing firm with 336K employees worldwide. Senior Manager & Master Black Belt
Managed portfolio of large pharmaceutical industry clients as member of Process and Innovation Performance practice group. Grew consulting business by collaborating with executives to identify strategic improvements and training needs. Developed proposals. Negotiated pricing and scope of work. Analyzed key operations and processes. Formulated business advice and performance recommendations. Defined long- and short-term goals. Led cross-functional teams of up to 20 client stakeholders. Delivered advice on prioritization and selection of projections in line with key objectives. Coached executives and managers. Trained more than 300 Lean Six Sigma belts, sponsors and executives globally.
• Furnished $5M in capacity improvements in only 2 months by redesigning equipment storage and changeover process for manufacturing line.
• Reduced scrap waste 66% across multiple locations, improved accuracy of inventory tracking 30-80%, enhanced fill rates and increased inventory turns by applying 5S and other techniques.
• Conceptualized and implemented business operating model to support corporate consolidation and compliance with federal regulations.
• Enabled quantitative assessment of departmental strengths and weaknesses by designing customized evaluation model.
• Empowered process owners to draw connections between tactical projects and strategic objectives while integrating process improvement into regular operations. PHILIPS MEDICAL SYSTEMS, Bothell, Washington • 2006 Senior Black Belt
Drove development of solutions to address customer relationship issues. Steered identification and valuation of target projects by North American sales and support teams. Leveraged analytics to improve customer relationship management and communications.
• Orchestrated successful improvement projects across marketing, sales and customer service.
• Bolstered ability of teams to conduct independent root cause analysis and problem solving. Resume
AMERICAN POWER CONVERSION, West Kingston, Rhode Island • 2005-2006 Senior Business Process Analyst
Outlined roadmap for development and implementation of Lean program. Trained executives and management teams on process improvement methodologies.
• Facilitated assessment and recruiting of business transformation team. HEXION SPECIALITY CHEMICAL, Bellevue, Washington • 2000-2005 Continuous Improvement Specialist
Provided insight and leadership for diverse change initiatives across strategy, finance, R&D, operations, sales and quality assurance. Supplied business intelligence and analysis to support M&A projects. Designed Six Sigma training for front-line employees. Coached management teams throughout organization.
• Captured $1.5M savings by leading cross-functional product review, recipe improvement and production optimization project that reduced waste and raw material costs.
• Achieved 90% improvement in quality issues for low shelf life transition product.
• Propelled revenue growth and decreased working capital by guiding logistics teams through continuous right-sizing of internal rail fleet.
• Strengthened customer relations and manufacturing planning by leading joint project with external customer to accurately forecast impact of product variations on customer process.
• Led development of company’s first macroeconomic forecasting model. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts, Social Science
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving) Analysis AFFILIATIONS
American Society for Quality
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / WHITE PAPERS
Preparing Organizations for Change
Big Data Changes to Management Systems
KPIs and a Complete Management System
21st Century Lean Six SigmaTM - Developing Change Leadership Capability Building Business Relationships
Coaching and Critical Thinking Skills
Leadership Challenges of Change Management Programs