** ***** ** ***** ********* experience
Attention to Detail
Strong Organizational Skills
Unitarian Universalist Association
Human Resources Coordinator 2015-Present
Prepares personnel files and maintain personnel records in accordance to facility and corporate personnel policies and guidelines.
• Audits personnel files, ensuring all information is current and accurate.
• Conducts employee benefit orientation, open enrollment meetings, and enroll employees in health insurance and 401 (k) when eligible.
• Validates and updates licenses of all current employees through the appropriate licensing board and makes sure their files are updated.
• Obtains appropriate paperwork for employee benefit authorizations, and input all personnel information and all status changes for current employees, update in HRIS and inform payroll accordingly
• Provides consultation and training to facility management regarding employee relations issues, counseling and termination procedures as required
• Monitors performance appraisal reminder system and mechanisms for processing salary transactions and recordkeeping.
• Mails termination paperwork (includes COBRA and Savings plus Distribution packages) to all discharged employees via certified mail.
• Responds to all employee complaints in a professional manner, and assists with conducting preliminary investigations.
• Responds quickly to all unemployment compensation claims received for prior facility personnel
• Responds quickly to all Employee Accident Reports based on related policy
• Audits all workers compensation claims and LOA claims, ensuring appropriate completion of paperwork, while monitoring status of all claims.
• Develops and monitors procedures to assure the timely and accurate processing, flow and documentation of personnel transactions
Charles River Community Health Center 2013-2014
Human Resources Representative
Tracks and manages attendance and earned CME credits for programs.
Implement and monitor operational practices to ensure equipment reliability and quality service while ensuring a safe and productive workplace.
Administer and manage the Department’s annual budget to meet financial targets.
Analyze utilization of department workforce and facilities to continuously identify improvement in work practices and scheduling.
Comply with and ensure staff compliance with all safety rules and procedures and report all hazards as required.
Oversee and administer performance review process for assigned departments.
Acts as a business partner to management employees and assigned departments
Facilitates new hire orientation as required; conducts benefit presentation; collects and reviews new hire paperwork and required
Work closely with managers to assess skill gaps in workforce and close those gaps with appropriate staffing and hiring plan.
Attend recruitment functions such as job fairs, career days and other events to source candidates.
Create and implement employee development and employee recognition plans.
Utilize resume and applicant tracking software.
Performs administrative and data entry activities as needed.
Participate in health and wellness initiatives and programs.
Act as a resource to employees; troubleshoot problems; serve as interface between employee and vendors when required.
Provides backup to the Benefits Specialist to review, verify and approve FMLA applications; make recommendations and develop employer response; interpret human resources policies and procedures with regard to benefit, paid and unpaid-time off options for employees.
Coordinate employee inquiries regarding EAP external providers.
Understand and advise staff about privacy requirements, minimum necessary uses and disclosures and future changes in laws or regulations related to privacy.
Comply with all related safety rules and procedures and report all hazards as required.
Attend and participate in all assigned training, specifically safety and security related.
Lemuel Shattuck Hospital (Commonwealth of Massachusetts) 2000-2013
Personnel Officer II
Manages and monitors Federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests and Worker’s Compensation (WC) claims; ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements, Federal and State laws, rules and regulations as well as agency policies. Manages the buyback process for WC checks; prepares worksheets and payroll refund requests.
Conducts individual and group orientation sessions using PowerPoint to provide information to newly hired agency staff regarding benefits associated with employment. Ensures employees make timely informed decisions regarding their benefits. Responsible for preparing new hire packets and ensuring all literature is maintained and up-to-date.
Coordinates and manages all aspects of processing employee benefits with the Group Insurance Commission (GIC). Reviews and processes all GIC forms; enters selected coverages into the Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission (MAGIC) system and the Human Resources Compensation and Management System (HRCMS); reconciles employee coverage to monthly GIC reports; resolves any discrepancies regarding employee’s selected coverages.
Coordinates and processes Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), including enrollments, terminations, audits, etc.; coordinates and tracks the withdrawal process for the Extended Illness Leave Bank (EILB) applications; processes and tracks Legislative Sick Leave Bank approvals.
Coordinates with the payroll unit and EHS agencies to process the State Board of Retirement (SBR) accidental disability retirement applications.
Works on a variety of HR issues including completion of verification requests related disability claim forms, and Social Security Administration, processes third-party records request and subpoenas. Responsible for general office duties including filing relevant documents in personnel files, faxing, scanning and using computer applications.
SHRM Essentials of HR Management Certificate