Debbie Lluch, LPN
Coral Springs, FL 33065
To obtain a challenging administration position where I may utilize my skills, work experience, education and extensive people skills to develop a long term career in the workplace.
Trividia Health: April 2016 – Present
Customer Care Rep, LPN
• Provide general technical consulting to customers distinguishing among meter, strips, controls, user handling and/or software issues in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Basic knowledge and experience with complaint handling, and understanding of adverse events.
• Must have demonstrated basic knowledge of diabetes and its impact on patient safety and risk.
• Document via computer all complaints, inquires, training requests when received by phone, fax, or mail.
• Escalate possible adverse events complaint to the Post Market Compliance group.
• Review each complaint/inquiry and categorize them following the complaint handling
• Follow up on all calls that require further customer training, proper use of meters and or user type related complaints.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good computer skills. Word, power point, Excel. Good typing skills.
FirstLantic Healthcare: May 2012 – June 2015
Client Case Manager
• Make initial contact with client and/or family members to collect data and pertinent information, thus ensuring appropriate monitoring of clients which at times included Meet & Greets to ensure agency met the specific requests of client’s wants and needs and that the clients served by the agency receive the highest quality care.
• Monitor changing needs of the clients and/or family. Report major changes to Patient Care Coordinator, Director of Clinical Services and/or field nurse if visit was deemed necessary.
• Maintain liaison with the community’s health and health-related resources.
• Reviewing and enter documentation as needed in order to follow case progress
• Managed patients' questions, complaints, problems and concerns to appropriate staff members.
• Explained policies and procedures to patients/family and referred them to the proper services.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relied on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performed a variety of tasks which included the handling of VIP clients.
• Led and directed the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude was needed and expected in this position.
• Responsible for the overall satisfaction of the client and their family.
WaterCrest Care Center: May 2010 – May 2012
• Market to local Hospitals, ALF’s, Skilled Nursing Facilities and Physician offices to provide information about the care facility could provide.
• Worked closely with Case Managers /Referral Coordinators to admit possible patients for short term rehab care and/or long term care.
• Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid as well as Managed Care policies for Skilled Nursing Facility care.
• Meet with families upon initial contact at the hospital to explain process of what care could be provided and what should expected.
• Initiate contact with Managed care representative to obtain information needed to provide any special equipment patient would need and obtain initial authorization needed to ensure no delays when billing.
• Work closely with Admissions Director at facility so that any documentation needed to ensure proper care could be supplied before patient arrived.
• Weekly meeting with Administrator to update on any recent activities with facilities and/or physicians.
Pinecrest Convalescent Center: March 2009 - May 2010
• Respond to inquiries from hospital discharge planners, families and other referral sources; manage admissions process and occupancy levels.
• Maintain database of medical contacts and community resources
• Make sales calls to medical, insurance, as well as special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts.
• Alert department heads of projected changes: i.e. admissions, bed changes and discharges.
• Ensure appropriate admissions paperwork, referral sources and other admissions data are entered into the automated referral system.
• Maintain working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and assist with managed care referral process.
• Keep all resident information confidential.
• Ensures compliance with applicable standards.
• Works with medical, nursing, and accounting staff to ensure appropriate patient placement and so that billing can be processed without delay.
• Confirms that all insurance benefits coverage meets standards of admission as dictated by policy.
• Handles all tours, admission screenings and initial inquiries.
• Works with the Social Services staff to ensure that all advanced directives have been discussed prior to admission so that appropriate paperwork can be in place upon admission.
• Ensures that the Admission packet is completed in a timely manner (within 24 hours of admission) and that all forms are presented in a neat and organized manner in preparation for Annual surveys.
• Attends monthly Quality Assurance meetings and provides a marketing report.
Claridge House Nursing Home: Jan 2003 – Jan 2009
• Work with field marketers who evaluated potential short and long term residents for nursing home.
• Verified insurance coverage and advised families as to what their choices were.
• Toured potential residents and or their family members for possible admittance to the facility.
• Advised potential residents and their families on how their HMO and or Medicare and Medicaid worked.
• Interviewed resident/family members for vital statistics.
• Provided families with comfort and understanding in their time of need when confronted with the knowledge that they could no longer provide the loved one with the care that was required.
• Marketed for facility when marketers were out or on vacation.
• Visited hospitals to evaluate potential residents for facility.
• Assisted with arrangements for dialysis, wound care & transportation.
12/2017 – Florida Dept. of Elder Care 701B Certification.
6/2015 – Jersey College of Nursing Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Licensed Practical Nurse
5/2003 - New Professions Technical Institute Miami, Florida
Medical Administration Certification
6/1988 - Rio Grande Community College Rio Grande, PR
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Call center experience.
• Medisoft/Just Claims, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Astra, AS400, Peachtree, Typing (60 w.p.m.)
• 7-10 years related experience and/or training (medical practice dealing with diabetic patients, laboratory experience, families, nurses, social workers, case managers) or equivalent combination of education and experience.