PAUL MICHAEL YACU
McMichael & Gray, P.C. Alpharetta, GA
Associate Attorney August 2017-Present
● Perform residential real estate closings, representing financial institutions and title insurance companies.
● Handle real estate closings involving new construction and re-sales.
● Coordinate 1031 Exchange transactions with Q.I. to insure IRS strict time constraints are met.
● Assist real estate agents with contract amendments and title clearance.
● Represent private investors and property management companies involving Landlord/Tenant matters.
● Attend dispossessory hearings in Magistrate Court representing Landlord’s interest.
Deming Parker Hoffman Campbell & Daly, LLC Norcross, GA
Associate Attorney April 2015 – August 2017
● Reviewed contracts, i.e. purchase/sales agreements, commercial & residential leases, publishing agreements, Operating Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Franchise Agreements.
● Drafted & reviewed real estate deeds, i.e. Warranty Deeds, Quit-Claim Deeds, Administrator Deeds, Executor Deeds.
● Negotiated settlements with creditors & third party debt collectors
● Provided extensive consultation to prospective clients in legal matters pertaining to bankruptcy, debt collection, garnishment, landlord/tenant, probate, immigration, tax, social security, real estate, and foreclosure.
● Counseled clients with process for registering trademarks with the USPTO and copyrights with the U.S. Copyright office.
● Provided clients guidance in applying for utility and design patents.
● Provided tools necessary for registering LLCs and Corporations (profit & non-profit).
● Provided Landlords consultation in properly conducting judicial dispossessory proceedings.
McCalla Raymer, LLC Roswell, GA Associate Attorney April 2010 – April 2015
● Reviewed title exams & performed title curative matters, i.e. easement/right of way agreements, reviewed surveys and plats and filed title claims.
● Performed over 3,000 closings and settlement services including REO/Retail purchases, refinances, etc.
● Reviewed and executed purchase/sales agreements and amendments to ensure compliance with contract
provisions on behalf of Freddie Mac.
● Executed real estate documents and closing statements for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in my legal capacity as attorney-in-fact to help expedite funding requirements during closings.
● Reviewed leases and lease amendments for various Landlords.
● Conducted lease abstractions focusing on lease commencement and expiration date, rent, and renewal terms.
● Acquired over one hundred hours of first chair experience handling residential dispossessory proceedings for a wide range of clients, including institutional owners, landlords, as well as national and regional lenders.
• Represented landlords as lead counsel in over one hundred mediations.
● Researched and reviewed bankruptcy filings via PACER to determine if foreclosure and eviction proceedings were stayed.
Stevens, Cooper & Burditt, LLC n/k/a Stevens, Stevens & Oliver LLC Atlanta, GA
Associate Attorney June 2005-April 2010
● Primary duty consisted of reviewing, clearing, and updating title exams via GSCCCA site and performing closings.
● Prepared and executed all non-judicial foreclosure proceedings for the firm.
● Served as foreclosure department supervisor, counseling clients and bringing mortgage payments up-to-date.
● Drafted Simple Wills, Testamentary Wills, Living Trusts, Living Wills, and Durable POAs.
●Handled commercial closings involving 1031 Exchanges.
●Drafted, negotiated and reviewed commercial lease agreements for small business owners, i.e. gas stations, motels, Subway restaurants, liquor stores.
●Conducted lease abstractions focusing on key financial, business and legal information such as the lease
commencement and expiration date, rent, percentage rent, tenant and landlord options, use/restrictions, common areas, insurance, utility costs, etc.
●Set up S-Corporations, LLCs and obtained EIN for clients.
Reviewed and drafted Operating Agreements and Buy/Sell Agreements for corporations, LLCs and Series LLCs.
●Reviewed and critiqued appraisals for Conservation Easements.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School Lansing, MI
Juris Doctor September 2004
University of South Carolina Columbia, SC
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology May 2001