LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/russ-haraus- 50a4496?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
Having built my reputation on “success” in mortgage banking and wholesale lending channels I am ready to join a new team centered on a positive corporate culture of encouraging employees to grow their skill level to promotion. A team which embraces new technology and ideas that foster positive thinking which leads to explosive growth! By evaluating popular loan origination systems and employing automated artificial intelligence software to maximize the review process, I have streamlined operations and production pipelines while minimizing collateral risk in the loan portfolio. This allowed the company to effectively use the Encompass software to its potential and integrate the newest efficient third party review technologies available spending more time on “value added “areas rather than “manual” data inputting.
As the company “go to” team player my roles have varied from an experienced CEO, National Sales Director, Operations Manager, Underwriting Supervisor, Collateral Valuation System Designer, Regulatory Compliance Specialist, Expert in Review & Audit, PowerPoint Trainor of Quality Control & Best Practices and Regional Vice President. Core Competencies
● Experienced Fintech Startup leader.
● National Director of Sales & Marketing with 5 team direct reports.
● Evaluator of New technology and New Systems Analysis.
● Effective operations manager open to post closing pipelines.
● Underwriting and Servicing Operations Supervisor.
● Articulate communicator of performance metrics to senior management.
● Trained Loan Originators in TRID/AIR/UDAAP & the mortgage application process.
● Business development and sales techniques leader.
● Comfortable Speaker to the Board of Directors and C-Suite level sales presentations.
● Recognized resource for Compliance Risk Management consultations.
● Developed Lender, Realtor and Vendor relationships.
● Prepared and reviewed Policies & Procedures Manuals for all departments.
● Planned, organized and participated in investor and regulatory audits.
● Successful short, long and strategic planner.
● Developed and instituted corporate training programs and employee resource center guides. Education
B.S., Management - DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Guaranteed Rate, Inc. & Guaranteed Rate Affinity – January 2017 – January 2018 Vice President National Operations
Appraisal Desk Order Management and Processing
As an accomplished professional regional manager with a record of achieving excellence I am committed to effective team development while building excitement and accelerating employee engagement. My strengths are in operations management, the mortgage lending process, compliance & adherence to company procedures, quality control, collateral valuation, and digital mobile Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
● Senior National Executive in charge of implementing efficient process and procedures in the appraisal order process. Developed & implemented a successful national marketing & expansion strategy built with partnerships and networking.
● Merged & Implemented startup operations for national mortgage company, Guaranteed Rate Affinity, Inc. including hiring and training professional staff and while adding vendors.
● Exceptional Underwriting & Review experience with Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines.
● Identifying and using new automated technology and software to review to corporate objectives.
● Implemented a real time Performance Tracking system for employees and third party vendors.
● Hired, trained and overseen 5 Divisional Managers each employing a staff to assign orders to third party vendors based on experience, location and professionalism with direct reports.
● Evaluated the “Top Ten” order management software for ease of use, efficiency and their ability to integrate with the Encompass Loan Origination Software source built by Elle Mae.
● Effective Team Leader Manager developing a culture of excitement & growth for Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and their startup Guaranteed Rate Affinity.
● National Operations Manager of the successful launch of Guaranteed Rate Affinity a national startup company across the US.
● Well prepared presenter to Realtors, Loan Officers & Third Party Vendors on new programs and relationship building.
A National Startup - First Look Appraisals, LLC – April 2013 – September 2016 Founding CEO
My skills as a CEO of a National Startup have included team building, and operations management. These have helped me build successful divisions, departments and companies with excellent employees. I bring a national book of business and a peer professional network as a valuable resource for expanding corporate accounts and services to this new position.
● Opened new offices in Chicago, Denver and Seattle as an experienced “road warrior.”
● Provides operational team leadership while demonstrating integrity, judgement and ethics.
● Reduced turn-round time to “less than 5 days” in most regions across the US.
● Highly regarded by the lending community as “a customer service professional” who staffed a “top notch” customer service call center team.
● Trained & experienced in Quality Control, Compliance, Underwriting and Appraisal through memberships with various mortgage banking organizations.
● Built a National Territory including the US Market and National Coverage.
● Experienced Operations and Business Development Director. 3
● Excellent communicator and relationship builder with diverse industries and groups.
● Senior executive decision maker with 15+ years’ experience as a regional manager and master of the fast paced multitasking workplace.
Independent Consulting & Analysis August 2012 – April 2013 National Account Representative
● Residential Mortgage Compliance, Regulatory Review, Appraisal Quality Control
● Recognized as an expert witness in residential lending, quality control & compliance.
● Excellent communicator and relationship builder; successful in building relationships with diverse industries and groups.
Appraisal Research Counselors July 1997 – July 2012 National Commercial & Residential Appraisal Consulting Firm Vice President & Divisional Operations Manager
● Increased the territory and responsible region by 1000%.
● Business analyst and market commentator. Effective user of www.data.com.
● Deposed as an expert witness in Appraisal & Forensic Residential Field Reviews.
● Exceeded employee production while virtually eliminating employee turnover.
● Streamlined office procedures to dramatically increase production per employee while reducing project turn-around-time by 75%.
● Opened new marketing channels with Realtors in renovation, REO and foreclosure real estate.
● Keen eye for business development and quality control training management.
● Residential mortgage underwriter for credit & risk.
● Regional manager for one of the largest residential lenders in Illinois.
● Evaluated, designed and equipped the entire staff with computer workstations for streamlined electronic reporting purposes with emphasis on efficient and increased production at minimal cost.
ABN AMRO Mortgage Group June 1984 – June 1997
Mortgage Lender & Retail Bank
Officer & Regional Manager
● Staffed & trained the stock conversion merger and acquisition team that sold 100% ownership in common stock to the public within two months.
● Strategic team leader and decisive Sales Manager, with entrepreneurial spirit, responsible for efficient budget and cost effectiveness in a highly productive and expanding division.
● Contributed to the banks mortgage loan operational standards by reviewing and implementing strategic plans to meet board objects in the mortgage origination process.
● Served as principal architect who transformed a complex and segmented region into an integrated and cohesive performing division.
● Designed, implemented and oversees a regional order management system.
● Professional manager experienced in negotiating contracts and construction costs.
● Proficient in project management with experience in strategic planning.
● Recruited, trained the divisional staff and established new standards while improving the skills of existing personnel.
● Proven project analysis skills. Succeeded where others failed. Key decision maker.
● Experienced in the preparation of budget summaries, PowerPoint presentations and progress reports to senior management. IT & Computer literate.