Education and Honor
Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA Sept. 2014- Dec. 2017 Cumulative GPA: 3.7
Bachelor of Arts in Economics with degree distinction Honors: Magna cum laude
Winter Intern, Strategic Global Advisors, LLC, Newport Beach, CA Winter 2017
• Conducted equity research for senior analysts and helped manage with administrative tasks.
• Used Excel to update the marketing factsheet for the marketing group and assisted in updating ADV. Analyst Intern, Beijing Taiyou Investment Management Co., Ltd, Beijing, China June-August 2016/2017 A venture capital firm, funded by Tsinghua Entrepreneur& Executive Club, focus on investing business startups specifically with pooled fund of $15 million.
• Conducted industry analyses such as the size of the industry and market occupation for the projects that we are interested in such as microorganism project and sleep aids device project.
• Organized and participated in the meetings between core teams of the startup companies and angel investors.
• Used power law distribution model to estimate and assess the value of the growth potential of a company when conducted due diligence for our General Partner (GP).
• Applied mathematics model to calculate the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of the pooled funds over years. Intern, Energy Vision, New York, NY March 2016
A national non-profit environmental research organization (NGO) that works on environmental sustainability
• Assisted QUBE Renewable Ltd. in establishing an energy-efficient economic model for NYU, which is able to calculate the amount of heat, electricity and natural gas that can be generated by using output from different sizes of small-scale Anaerobic Digesters (AD).
• Analyzed cost and benefits of an on-site small-scale anaerobic digester based on economic models and calculated pay back period of investing AD in different business cases.
• Conducted research on the environmental benefits and economic costs of food composting and AD system separately. Helped institutions to weigh pros and cons of each waste processing approach before they made decisions. Leadership Experience
Treasurer, Association of International Students, Bryn Mawr, PA Sept. 2016 – Dec.2017
• Managed $2,000 annual budget.
• Kept accurate and completed financial record.
• Gave semester report to the SGA Financial Committee and took charge of reimbursement of the club events. Secretary, Owl Investment Group, Bryn Mawr, PA
OIG is funded with $100,000 with the purpose of encouraging college students to invest in stock market. OIG portfolio team holds stock of over $140,000. Sept. 2016 – Dec.2017
• Gave presentations of financial market update in the weekly general meeting.
• Planed and implemented the OIG Stock Pitch Competition and Internship Panel every semester.
• Brainstormed and organized different themed-workshops that were beneficial and engaging.
• Collected useful information of career fairs and special events from websites and alumna to inform group members.
• Updated OIG club blog every week; kept contact with and invited guest speakers working in the financial sector to give us a talk. Skills
Language: Native in Mandarin, Chinese; Professional proficiency in English Computer: Proficient in Matlab, SQL, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and STATA.