NIKHIL HARISHCHANDRA AMBRE
Ph: +1-469-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikhil-ambre-997a3b96/ firstname.lastname@example.org OBJECTIVE
• To enhance my professional skills, capabilities and knowledge in an organization which recognizes the value of hard work and trusts me with responsibilities and challenges.
• Detail-oriented dedicated individual with exceptional problem-solving, technical and analytical skills searching for a full-time position in global IT firm
MS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING Aug 2016 - May 2018 Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX GPA:3.74 Bachelors in Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering Aug 2009 - May 2015 Mumbai University, MH, India GPA:3.50
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Routing and Switching WORK EXPERIENCE
SUMMER INTERNSHIP AT M87, BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON (Software Test Engineer) Jun 2017 – Aug 2017
• Executing/assisting manual test-plans/field-tests for `APP CSON 3.1.X`, Setting up CARLs and devices for MCI lab
• Executing manual test-plans for `APP NEAR 3.1.X`, Basic triage of MCI issues TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Networking: Application Layer: HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SSH; Transport Layer: TCP, UDP, RTP, RTCP Network Layer: ICMP, IPv4, RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, Vagrant, Subnetting,
• Switching Protocols: Spanning Tree (Loop Guard, Root Guard, BGPU guard, BGPU Filter), Private VLAN, VTP
• SDN and NFV: Open Switch, Open Flow, VSXI, VMWare.
• Network Security: VPN & types, IPSEC, ACL
• Languages: HTML, CSS, Visual basic 6.0,Matlab, Jinja 2
• Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux, CentOS
• Software: Wireshark, GNS3, packet tracer, Cygwin, putty.
• Tools: REST, GIT
• Administration: Network Administration, Workstation Administration, Group Policy Administration, Microsoft Office 365 Administration, ERP System Support, Palo alto Firewalls, Cisco firewall, Network Load balancers, Network Analyzers.
Setting up Vyatta Routers using vagrant and pushing config using python scripts Jan. 2017
• Configured a vyatta router (vyos) using vagrant and changed the vagrant config file to enable 3 virtual routers.
• Made python script to configure the virtual routers through scripting. Sixth Sense Technology Oct.-Apr. 2015
• This project presents a technique for a human computer interface through hand gesture recognition.
• Main objective of this project was to develop an algorithm for recognition of hand gestures with reasonable accuracy Images of the hand gesture are taken using a cell phone & matched with the images in the database and the best match is returned.
• The idea is to make computers understand human language and develop a user-friendly human-computer interface (HCI). Blown Fuse Indicator July -Sept. 2013
• Designed and fabricated a circuit with indicated equipment failure due to fuse breakdown.
• This circuit increase reliability of a device by isolating from its current fluctuations. Touch Switch Oct. – Dec. 2013
• This project is used to detect stray voltages produced by mains or to detect Electrostatics buildup in a room, to make touch buzzers.
• In this Project, IC 555 has been used in Digital Mode. It triggers the Output in two states 0 & 1 indicated by LED. ACHIEVEMENTS
• Actively headed a team of 40 students to organize College’s Annual Festival.
• Secured 2nd prize in Intercollegiate Football Competition.
• Presented Paper on “Sixth Sense technology’ in ICTPM 2015, an Inter-College Technical Paper Meet held on 4th September 2015 at Saraswati College of Engineering, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.
• Participated in various workshops such as “Sixth Sense Robotics” organized by IIT Bombay “Ethical hacking and Information Security”.