Accomplished professional with experience in budget tracking, accounts payable/receivable, project management and process improvement that optimizes efficiency and delivers accurate results. Disciplined problem-solver with excellent analytical skills and commitment to process improvement. Apply industry knowledge to rapidly assess opportunities, cultivating client relationships and driving multi-channel focus. Implements creative strategies and setting aggressive achievement standards. Effective at developing, communicating and reinforcing shared sense of purpose to achieve solid performance results. Core strengths include:
Budget Tracking Forecasting Support Project Management
Advanced Excel Cross-Function Communication
VAC & DASH, ALBEMARLE, NC 2016-PRESENT
● Tracking of accounts payable and paying invoices weekly. Communicate with vendors to resolve any payment issues.
● Handle accounts receivable in QuickBooks.
● Coordinate screen printing schedule to ensure deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
● Provide Customer service to screen printing customers and store patrons.
● Ordering of inventory to ensure proper stock available to fulfill orders.
● Manage store operations.
● Reconcile checking account.
DAIICHI SANKYO, INC., Parsippany, NJ 2006 – 2015
Senior Associate, Payer Marketing, Managed Markets 2009 – 2015
● Monitored and managed budgets for multiple brands, resulting in coordination of function under 1 point of contact.
● Supported execution of hypertension health management program, including development and launch of Hispanic module, leading to increase implementation of program by customers.
● Supported implementation of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) health management program and assisted with training and launch to account managers, guaranteeing complete understanding of program.
● Diligently followed up with appropriate stakeholders, ensuring timely payments and accurate forecasting. Met with up to 8 business owners on regular basis for almost 100 projects, across 23 different WBS elements and 5 brand budgets compiling appropriate information needed.
● Managed multi-million dollar budgets across several brands, verifying all forecasts and latest estimates were accurate within +/- 1% of approved amounts.
● Optimized departmental budget management by developing dashboard, enabling tracking of spend and progress against objectives for multiple brands.
● Negotiated with Senior Director, Payer Marketing and Contract Strategy’s for approval of financial support and implementation; efforts resulted in recognition as best practice by Vice President, Marketing and Executive Director.
LORI GURLEY email@example.com PAGE TWO
DAIICHI SANKYO, INC. (Continued)
● Contributed to successful launch of factor Xa by managing budget and tracking execution of over 100 launch tasks cross-functionally. Leveraged project management tool, completing 95% of tasks on time.
● Championed financial process improvement by partnering with vendors and collaborating with internal colleagues and improved operational efficiencies by establishing project management process for Payer Marketing.
● Project managed over 90 hypertension, thrombosis and non-product related initiatives on behalf of team, including managing submissions for medical, legal and regulatory (MLR) review, resulting in projects being completed according to timelines.
● Co-led development and launch of managed markets iPad app containing branded and unbranded materials, leading to successful deployment of app and positive feedback from users. Conducted user acceptance testing and participated in training sessions, confirming app worked as expected.
● Participated in change management process for marketing project management tool by providing feedback on pre-launch internal communications and giveaways.
● Led 2nd successful NCQA certification of hypertension health management program. Created multiple enhancements, meeting NCQA requirements and achieving score of 93.75 / 100 points. Associate, Managed Care Operations 2006 –2009
● Supported development and implementation of hypertension health management program, including assisting with training and developing African American module, leading to increase in uptake of program by customers.
● Coordinated process improvement for departmental submissions for MLR and programs and grants committees, resulting in more efficient and timely submissions.
● Organized 4 new hire training classes for account managers which included developing agendas, managing logistics, securing presenters, and gathering materials.
● Enhanced and managed departmental Intranet site, ensuring up-to-date content and thorough communications.
● Recognized by Vice President of Managed Markets and received departmental achievement award for outstanding performance.
● Led 1st successful NCQA certification process for hypertension health management program in partnership with vendors and internal stakeholders; achieving score of 77.6 / 100 points.
● Tracked budgets for field cash / grants ($1M) and hypertension health management program expenditures ($2M), which included consistent communication with appropriate stakeholders, ensuring each all remained in budget and communicating progress to stakeholders’.
● Coordinated convention process for managed care department, including securing sponsorships, attendees and materials for display, resulting in smooth execution and logistical details for each meeting.
● Selected to participate in inaugural Managed Markets Advisory Council focused on defining principles of excellence.
DAIICHI PHARMACEUTICAL CORPORATION, Montvale, NJ 2000 – 2006 Coordinator, Managed Care 2004 – 2006
● Updated departmental Intranet site by incorporating feedback from account managers, marketing, managed care assistant director, director of managed care and IS department.
● Assisted with preparation of managed care promotional materials for MLR review committee and submission for FDA review. Actively participated in meetings with advertising agency in preparation and development of pull-through materials for MLR submissions, resulting in successful determination of quantities and distributed materials for field force. LORI GURLEY firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE THREE
● Supplied Field personnel with most accurate information to share with physicians about products through creation of on-demand reports detailing managed care (utilizing CognetX database) and Medicaid (proprietary spreadsheets) formulary statuses for Daiichi products. Administrative Assistant, Managed Care 2000 – 2004
● Tracked formulary status for all company products and created promotional materials for sales force, which facilitated product-detailing with health care providers; coordinated printing and distribution.
● Monitored status of all managed care promotional materials on web-based fulfillment site and managed stock status, ensuring sufficient quantities for field based personnel.
● Interacted with legal, regulatory, sales, and marketing departments, ensuring successful completion of managed care projects related to promotional materials.
● Supported director and assistant director of managed care and 7 national account managers (NAMs); coordinated interactions between sales and marketing departments, confirming operational efficiencies for managed care department.
● Prepared spreadsheet and monthly reports, enabling tracking of all departmental expenditures and variances to budget spending and forecast quarterly expenditures.
● Developed monthly report on departmental activities by summarizing information collected from 7 NAMs, director of managed care and assistant director of managed care marketing. EDUCATION
Bachelors of Arts (BA), Spanish, Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ SPECIALIZED SKILLS
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, Documentum (contract management, project tracking, project submission), Launch plan software (ELiTE, Enlighten), Quickbooks, Google Docs, Corel Draw
Languages: English (Native), Spanish (conversational) CLASSES AND TRAINING
Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
Managing Your Workload: How to Prioritize When everything is Important
Expanding your influence: Understanding the Psychology of Persuasion
Powering your career
Essentials of Communication and Collaboration
● Yellow Belt, Krav Maga (self-defense)
● Interests: Therapeutic Essential oils, boxing, kickboxing, running