SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Working towards CHRP designation
• Knowledge on full cycle recruitment
• High degree of diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive matters and confidential information gained as a Peer and Crisis Line Listener.
• Refined interpersonal, organizational, and teamwork skills through seven years of working in a public capacity in areas of events management, customer service, administration, retail and support roles.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills allowing me to identify problems and determine appropriate actions while exercising sound judgment and initiative.
• Incorporated strong communication and innovative thinking while providing training and development to new hires in customer service focused roles.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills including ability to prioritize and meet personal and group deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluent in Polish and English (spoken and written) EDUCATION Post-Graduate Certificate of Human Resources Management September 2017-Present George Brown College, Toronto, ON.
• Gained extensive knowledge on and applied the Employment Standards Act (ESA) to work related scenarios
• Knowledge on Labour Relations, including the establishment of union bargaining rights, the negotiation process, and the administration of a collective agreement
Bachelor of Arts, Honours Social Psychology December 2016 McMaster University, Hamilton, ON.
International Polish Language Diploma
John Cabot Secondary School, Mississauga, ON May 2011 RELEVANT EXPERIENCE Assistant to Manager January 2012 – Present
Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply, Mississauga, ON.
• Developed sales and promotional materials resulting in an increase of 20% in sales goals within the first quarter
• Assisted with recruiting, selecting and hiring new staff, using various recruitment resources
• Managed, motivated, coached, and integrated 6 new employees and delegated responsibilities with respect, resulting in increased speed and service to customers
• Created Excel spreadsheet to keep an electronic record of 400+ licensed stylists’ account business information
• Delegated tasks such as payroll, bank deposits, and effectively handled customer service complaints
• Displayed organization, prioritization and dependability skills through managing store
• Selected to organize effective and well-structured methods to be used for annual store inventory
• Provided knowledgeable information while developing lasting client relationships resulting in exceeded personal and corporate sales goals and secured revenue at each opportunity 2
Beata Dziedzic - firstname.lastname@example.org - (647) 217 - 7746 Juravinski Hospital Same Day Surgery Volunteer January 2016 – August 2016 Juravinski Hospital, Hamilton, ON.
• Maintained confidentiality, provided patient support and identification to over 60 patients daily, and assisted with administrative roles
• Successfully completed 50 hours granting membership in the Hamilton Health Sciences Volunteer Association Tour Guide September 2015 – April 2016
McMaster University Recruitment Office, Hamilton, ON.
• Assisted in recruiting the best-qualified students to McMaster University while meeting with over 300 prospective students, and offering a student view on McMaster University, its campus, resources and surroundings
McMaster Peer Support and Crisis Line Volunteer January 2015 – April 2016 McMaster University, Hamilton, ON.
• Created a safe, accessible and anonymous environment for students to address their concerns and questions
• Offered support by providing resources available on and off-campus
• Assisted in launching a pilot project, offering text-based and minimal contact online support Social Science Representative July 2014 – May 2016 McMaster Social Science Society, Hamilton, ON.
• Facilitated events and programs for over 800 students to help them effectively transition to university life
• Raised over $20,000 for Cystic Fibrosis
Children's Liturgies Catechist (Volunteer)
St. Maximilian Kolbe Church, Mississauga, ON September 2007 – August 2014
• Helped children gain knowledge and understanding of each Sunday gospel reading resulting in more active participation of children within the church
Key Holder and Storefront Employee November 2008 - February 2012 Dairy Queen and Orange Julius, Mississauga, ON.
• Selected to mentor and train 4 new staff members while providing ongoing training and ensuring they are ready to work efficiently in a team and individually, resulting in better customer services Retail Sales Advisor and Customer Service Advocate April 2010 - August 2010 Suzy Shier, Mississauga, ON.
• Presented dispute resolution services to customers by remaining calm and objective, resulting in 100% customer satisfaction
Additional Volunteer Experience Event Organizer Assistant January 2013- May 2013
WentWorth Lodge Long Term Care Home, Hamilton, ON.
• Organized interactive activities promoting better health and social relationships among residents