Jan Slovacek, RN-MSN; FNP
Address: **** **********
Hitchcock, Tx 77563
Highly qualified, versatile Family Nurse Practitioner with almost 15 years’ experience in the Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine and Primary Care (Family Practice) seeking a position in Emergency or Urgent Care.
2/14-Current: Envision (East Houston/Bayshore ED)- Full Time Houston/Pasadena, Tx
Contact: Gretchen Moen 214-***-****
- Level IV, 29 bed, Trauma Center (East Houston in Houston, Texas): with
volume of 50,000 patients annually. Utilized EMR: Meditech.
- Level III, 42 bed, Trauma Center (Bayshore in Pasadena, Texas): Volume of
120,170 patients annually. EMR: Meditech.
- Rapid Medical Screening (MSE) and initiated appropriate work up to
expedite patient care prior to pt rooming, diagnosing and prescribing or
admitting if indicated.
- Manage high volume fast track in autonomous setting for infant, pediatric, adult
and geriatric patients.
- Common Procedures: suturing, splinting, Abscess Incision & Drainage, pelvic
exams, eye exams.
- Educate patents on lifestyle modifications for improved health outcomes.
- Oversaw 1-2 Nurse Practitioner students on part time basis.
8/14-Current: Affinity Immediate Care- Part Time Texas City, Texas
Contact: Chad Bush 281-***-**** Job Description:
-Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine, Primary Care Clinic with average 30 patients, ages 6 months to geriatric, daily. EMR: MediTouch
-Diagnose and manage low acuity, minor illnesses and injuries, Perform School, Pre-Employment and work related physicals according to appropriate Occupational Safety and Health Administrative (OSHA) and company guidelines.
-Provided Department Of Transportation (DOT) physicals.
-Interpret diagnostic tests including laboratory, Spirometry, X-Ray, and Electrocardiogram (EKG) results.
-Common Procedures performed: nebulizer treatments, splinting, abscess incision and drainage, suturing, IV access with fluid replacement, eye exams, pelvic exams.
10/13-10/14: Urgent Care Medical Group Houston, Texas
Contact: Angela St. John 832-***-****
-Opened new urgent care and occupational medicine clinic with average 10 patients daily.
-Diagnose and managed low acuity conditions in an urgent care setting.
-Common Procedures: Nebulizer Treatments, Suturing, Abscess Incision/Drainage, eye exams, pelvic exams.
5/12-09/13: St Elizabeth Family Practice & Urgent Care Dickinson, Texas
Contact: David Lesser 281-***-****
- Diagnosed and managed low acuity conditions with average 30 patients daily.
- Provided occupational pre-employment and Worker’ Compensation
exams in accordance to OSHA, ODG and employer guidelines.
7/09-5/12: Greater Houston Emergency Physician’s Houston, Texas
Contact: Tarek Koussayer 713-***-****
- Managed non-emergent conditions to all age groups with acute conditions.
- Procedures: suture, splinting, abscess incision/drainage, eye and pelvic exams.
- Scheduler for mid-level coverage at Mainland Medical Center ED.
12/2004 RN-MSN: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The University of Texas Medical Branch School of Nursing Galveston, TX Awards: Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
12/1999 RN-BSN (Graduated Magna Cum Laude)
Oklahoma Panhandle State University Goodwell, OK
Awards: Alpha Chi Honor Society
Who's Who of American Universities
Amarillo College Amarillo, TX
Awards: Who's Who of American Colleges
05/1990 LVN (Graduated Dean's List)
Frank Phillips College Borger, TX
Awards: Who's Who of American Colleges
Student Tutor for the LVN program- Perryton division
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescriptive authority
- Non-Certified (Radiology) Technician
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examiner
1.American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
2.Texas Nurse Practitioners (TNP)
3.Coalition for Nurses in Advanced Practice (CNAP)