ROBERT L. ROSE, JR.
Branding Marketing Advertising
• Results-oriented Executive with demonstrated success in designing and implementing creative strategies to position companies for growth and a sustainable competitive edge. Expertise spans corporate, ad agencies and entrepreneurial startup experiences.
A consensus building leader in sales, management and client collaboration.
• Twenty-five years national advertising, communications, branding, marketing, and merchandising experience.
• Proven success in B2B marketing – planning, budgeting, creation, and implementation.
• Executed national retail brand building with numerous brands and agencies; new business expert.
• Healthcare marketing experience working on ad agency side with HCA, CHS, LifePoint and other companies.
• Distinguished ad agency experience in account service, production and management. Selected Professional Experience
LOCOMOTION CREATIVE – Nashville, TN 2013 - 2017
Real Estate Account Strategist & Director; New Business Director Director of new business acquisition for award-winning national design and branding firm. Responsible for all new business activities from prospecting to writing proposals to presentations; overall sales are up 40% in 2015. Duties also included managing all marketing and advertising campaigns of agency’s largest account, Freehold Communities – a billion dollar real estate developer building master planned communities nationwide.
SERVICEMASTER CLEAN – Memphis, TN 2012
Advertising & Business Development Manager (BDM) – Marketing Specialist National advertising campaign development and budgeting; franchise marketing support and brand standards compliance in the Great Lakes region of ServiceMaster Clean; responsible for growing the brand via franchise business growth and customer preference building. Largest franchise in US-$20mm+ in sales; region in top tier of all ServiceMaster franchise metrics.
• Marketing Plan Development & Execution
• 866 – Recover Marketing
• Fire, Pack-Out, MSM Focused Marketing
• CE Marketing and Implementation
• Quality Assurance Audits (QAs)
• Co-writing update to Vehicle Branding
• Oversee Identity, QRV Marketing and
Marketing material compliance
• Marketer Group Formation and Conference
Facilitation (Best Practices
STORAGE SYSTEMS UNLIMITED – Franklin, TN 2011 to 2011 Marketing Director
Responsible for business to business marketing strategy and implementation for national distributor of specialty equipment in healthcare field. Duties include planning, creative, direct marketing, collateral material, tradeshows, budgeting and sales presentations.
ORECK CORPORATION – Nashville, TN 2009 to 2010
Retail Marketing Manager
Initial new product launch consultation engagement resulted in full-time leadership role with $300 million vacuum and air purifier manufacturer managing shopper marketing efforts from planning and concept through implementation for 430 Franchise and Company retail locations nationwide. Oreck FY10 sales up 20% when industry vacuum sales were down 20%; Specialty Retail Group accounted for 62% of Oreck’s operating profit.
Ad Campaigns - 40 Retail campaigns in FY10
Retail Catalogs - 3 annually; 1.2 million copies ea.
Franchise Marketing Support - 430 locations
Produced all in-store marketing material and displays Robert L. Rose, Jr. -2-615-***-****
ROSE CONSULTING – Nashville, TN 2008 to 2009
Marketing Communications and Strategy Consultant
Consulted with small to mid-size companies to improve their marketing efforts and drive sales.
• Healthcare – Directed revisions to corporate branding campaign for chain of substance abuse treatment centers with inconsistent brands and marketing platforms to ensure brand continuity. Created ‘Alumni’ program for national substance abuse healthcare provider as a source of patient referral. Industry average is 20% referral rate; company achieved 50% increase to 40% referral rate.
• Consumer Durables – Produced marketing plan and materials for successful new product launch (Oreck). SERVPRO INDUSTRIES, INC. - Gallatin, TN 2005 to 2008 Marketing Services Division Director
Authored, directed, managed and implemented all strategic planning, marketing initiatives, marketing communications, branding, and advertising functions of $800 million privately-held franchise company specializing in fire and water clean-up and restoration with 1,500 franchise locations; managed ad agency relationship.
• Oversaw largest single year Unaided Brand Awareness gain in company history - 20%. Surpassed primary competitor in Unaided Advertising Awareness for 1st time in company history.
• Annual sales grew 18% 2006-2007; 19% 2007-2008.
ROI MARKETING, LLC - Nashville, TN 2001 to 2005
Vice President/Owner – New Business Development, Account Service, Sales, and Marketing Co-owned a national advertising, shopper marketing and merchandising display agency for retail clients; managed sales and marketing activities, sales staff training and client service functions – negotiated client and vendor contracts.
• Set up new company as one of The Home Depot’s six national design agencies; refined Home Depot shopper marketing model and assisted in development of in-store merchandising standards.
• Retail experience and success led to expanded work with HD vendors and other clients to drive sales in other retailers including Lowe’s Home Improvement, Wal-Mart, Grainger, and Menards. THE MARYLAND GROUP, INC. - Brentwood, TN 1998 to 2001 New Business Development; Account Group Director; Director of Account Service; Vice President Joined regional ad agency as Account Supervisor on agency’s largest account, Murray Lawn Mowers – hired for Wal-Mart retail experience with Grey Advertising (below).
• Increased average net profit in account group managed to 52%. THE ENTHEOS GROUP, LLC. - Franklin, TN 1994 to 1998 Partner, Chief Manager
Founded spin-off Company from Carden & Cherry (below) to pursue entertainment and educational projects.
• Created New York Times Best-Seller Book AMERICA’S DUMBEST CRIMINALS. Expanded franchise to products including book, home videos and top-rated internationally syndicated television series - syndicated in 180 U.S markets and 85 countries. Executive Producer on syndicated television series. Additional Ad Agency Experience
CARDEN & CHERRY, INC. - Nashville, TN Business Dev. Dir.; Div. Mgr. – Educ. & Entertainment GREY ADVERTISING, INC. - Chicago, IL Vice President – Consumer Product Accts. /New Bus. YOUNG & RUBICAM, INC. - New York, NY Account Supervisor – U.S. Army Recruiting NW AYER, INC. - New York, NY Account Executive – U.S. Army Recruiting Education
University of Tennessee – Knoxville - Knoxville, TN B.S. Communications - Major: Advertising
• Member UT Student Advertising Team, UT Daily Beacon, UT Volunteer Football Team, Sigma Chi Fraternity, Eagle Scout