ERIK RASCH, OHST, CSP
817-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.linkedin.com/in/erikrasch
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager / Analyst Senior environmental, health and safety professional with experience in multiple industries, including: Renewables, Oil and Gas Valve Manufacturing, Commercial Entities, Chemical Production, Aerospace, Printing, Automotive and Government Contracting. Decisive, focused and driven Certified Safety Professional with expertise in CWA, CAA and RCRA including equipment and facility evaluations. Experience in EH&S Management Systems, including ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, internally created and continuous improvement. Demonstrated ability to create a culture that positively engages individuals in the EHS process as well as evaluate the impact of program initiatives among multiple operational entities. KEY SKILLS
Cost Reduction / Avoidance Title V Air Permit Maintenance Workers' Compensation Mgmt. Analysis and Interpretation Standard Air Exemptions / PBR Injury Case Management Regulatory Compliance Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Program Development / Benchmarking Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Risk Assessment Surveys Facility Response Plan Root Cause Analysis (RCA), A3 EHS Compliance Training Industrial Waste Management Safety Inspections / Audits PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
VESTAS - American Wind Technology, Portland, OR 2015-2018 The only global energy company dedicated exclusively to wind energy. Delivering wind energy in 74 countries, with over 50% more megawatts installed than anyone else in the industry and > 71 GW of cumulative installed capacity worldwide. Quality, Safety and Environmental Specialist (Regional: TX, OK and NM)
• Establish and cultivate working relationships with 20+ Service Business Managers and 4 Senior Operational Managers by site visits, conducting regular update meetings, participating in safety walks, and interacting with service technicians.
• Direct and monitor QSE start-up/transition activities on 7 new/expanding locations in support of regional business units.
• Built organizational capability of 40+ site Leader’s and 20+ Service Business Managers technical and functional competencies in the Credit 360 Software package.
• Develop and facilitate regional weekly HSE Leader forum for knowledge and sharing of best practices.
• Create regional subcommittee to facilitate understanding of Safe Work Observations with instructional “Cut Sheet”.
• Conduct 5 QSE internal Audits within region of responsibility and assist Site/Plant Managers with corrective actions. CIRCOR ENERGY, Oklahoma City, OK 2014-2015
Market-leading, global provider of integrated flow control solutions specializing in the manufacture of highly engineered valves, fittings, pipeline products and services with annual sales exceeding $1 billion. The facility houses ~205 team members and 160,000+ square feet of manufacturing space with one satellite business unit in Canada with ~16 team members. Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
• Responsible for the implementation of Corporate EHS management system policies, training and monitoring programs.
• Technical support in areas such as “Design for Safety”, risk assessment/audits, JSA/JHA, investigation and resolution, development of EHS systems, GREEN strategy and integrating EHS practices into operations processes.
• Analyze EHS metrics (weekly / monthly / incident) to justify the allocation of resources to areas where risk is highest.
• Utilize tools for risk ranking expenditures / projects that will enable Operations to identify spend impacts and timing.
• Implement EHS Council and subcommittees to drive culture change at the facility level and “drive to ZERO” engagement. LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS AND COUNTRY STORES, Oklahoma City, OK 2013-2014 Privately held chain of more than 300 truck stop and convenience stores located in 39 states in conjunction with Musket Corporation and Gemini Motor Transport, with annual sales exceeding $26 billion. Manager of Safety
• Managed three direct reports; two Safety Specialists and a Safety Coordinator including on-boarding and training.
• Improved audit processes including communication of identified corrective actions, follow-up and tracking for KPI's.
• Re-establishment of ride-alongs and surveillance audits by Safety Team throughout the United States for Gemini Transport.
• Scheduled/participated in on-site Crude, ETOH and Bio Diesel terminal audits / training in four states: ND, CO, AZ and TX.
• Facilitated resolution of an OSHA citation of a modification to Genie Boom lifts in accordance with ANSI A92. ERIK RASCH 817-***-**** 2
CONTINENTAL CARBON CORPORATION, PONCA CITY, OK 2011-2012 A leading chemical manufacturer within the carbon black industry providing tire and industrial rubber grade carbon black products and product development in plastics and specialty carbon black applications, with annual sales exceeding $440 million. Chemical facility houses 100 team members on a 65 acre site, with 45 acres dedicated to the manufacturing process. Environmental, Health and Safety Superintendent
• Managed two direct reports; an EHS Coordinator and an Environmental Project Engineer.
• Managed 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) and led efforts for continuous improvement with Best Management Practices, Objectives/Targets and Key Performance Indicators using metrics to measure progress.
• ~ $356,000 Environmental Management System savings by revising the carbon black recycling and reuse programs.
• Title V semi-annual and annual compliance reports and Emissions Inventory, MACT, LDAR, surface impoundment sampling upstream/downstream monitoring wells, NPDES MSGP SWP3 quarterly inspections and Annual Compliance Report.
• ~ $30,000 Workers’ Compensation savings and 66% reduction in recordable injuries (6 in CY11 vs. 2 in CY12) by partnering with the Safety Committee, employees and supervisors to actively manage and grow the safety culture through a shared vision based on common values and establishment of trust through effective coaching, mentoring, training, Safety Action Requests (SAR), incident investigations, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and leading indicators. PARKER HANNIFIN CORPORATION, STRATOFLEX DIVISION, Ft. Worth, TX 2006 - 2010 Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
WILLIAMSON PRINTING CORPORATION, Dallas, TX 2006 - 2006 Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
HILITE INTERNATIONAL, Carrollton, TX 2003 - 2006
Health and Safety Coordinator
RAVEN SERVICES, Ft Worth, TX 1997 - 2003
FOX TREE AND LANDSCAPE NURSERY, Corpus Christi, TX 1996 - 1997 Safety Coordinator
U.s. Army and Texas National Guard, Honorable Discharge SSG NCO/Forward Observer and Unit Retention NCO
DeVry University, Irving, TX Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Bachelor of Science, Chemistry / Environmental Science CERTIFICATIONS
Occupational Health & Safety Technologist (OHST #2713) BCSP Certified Safety Professional (#22188) TRAINING
OSHA 501/510 (10hr) General Industry Standard Root Cause Analysis: Fundamentals / Application 3M Certified Respirator Training Instructor ASSE Certificate: Safety Management OSHA 600 Collateral Duty Safety Course ETA Visible Emissions Evaluator Yale Powerlift Training Instructor Certification Sologic eRCA Fundamentals PRI Root Cause Corrective Action: Nadcap Style DOT Transportation of Hazardous Materials OSHA 30hr Training Course SAFESTART Trainer Certification DOT HazWaste General Awareness Security Training ASSE Certificate: Global Safety Management