To obtain a position that will enable me to use my over 20 years' of optical experience, strong sales skills and abilities to work well with people.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Profound knowledge of frame styles Attention to detail
Exceptional time management skills Superior Customer Service
Strong administrative and organizational skills Procurement, Vendor Relations
Accounts Payable/Receivable Management Leadership, Monitoring, Training
Records Management Inventory Management
ICD-9, CPT-I O, & Medical Terminology knowledge HIPPA Compliance
EYE TRENDS CLEARLAKE, Houston, TX 1996-Present
Responsible for maintaining operational standards, customer service levels, driving sales, budgeting and controlling labor, staff development, inventory controls, training and recruiting, interviewing and selecting top talent.
Responsible for the sales floor merchandising presentation, pricing, and board management. Create promotions and visual displays to increase sales Supervise and direct the staff.
File all vision insurance with the different insurance providers.
File medical insurance through the Gateway EDI site.
Buy and manage $200,000 of merchandise assortment of designer frames and sunglasses.
Review and track daily sales reports
Implemented and maintain all the social media accounts.
Contact Lens and Optician Technician
• Maintained the inventory and was responsible of the procurement of contact lenses and frames.
• Trained clients on the proper insertion, removal, and care of their new contact lenses.
• Screened patients and neutralized glasses for doctor's examination.
• Helped patient's select eyeglasses to ensure proper fit along with adjusting and minor eyeglass repair.
• Number one in sales for three years in a row.
• Dispensed frames, verified prescriptions using automation lensometer. Receptionist
• Perforrned front office duties such as answering phones, filing patient charts, scheduling and confirming appointments.
Prepared patients and charts for doctor's examination.
• Obtained insurance verifications and authorizations
• Maintained exam rooms between patients, stock exam room supplies and equipment Collected and processed payments.
SOUTH FIELD HEALTH CARE CENTER, Pasadena, TX 1994-1995
• Provided full secretarial support to the Director of Nurses
• Handled all incoming correspondence.
Page 1 of 2
Scheduled and coordinated meetings and appointments Gathered medical records and patient information.
Managed the reception area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person request for information.
ULTRA AIR, Houston, TX 1992-1994
Found flight availabilities and made reservations.
Recorded estimated time of arrival and departures for customer automated phone lines. Explained airline policies regarding purchases, cancelations and transfers.
Holly Gershbein 832-***-****
Kevin Henry 713-***-****
Debra Straney 832-***-****