Corona, Ca 909-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
To find a position where I can use my knowledge and skills in an efficient manner. I have over 20 years’ experience in the medical field as a
Medical Assistant, Leadership and as a Phlebotomist.
Kaiser Promoted to Lab Supervisor 2013-2015
• Daily assignments of employees, monitor morning draws and Stat Turn around
• Annual Reviews, Investigations, Grievances, hiring process and terminations as needed.
• Filed work injuries and any incoming FMLA forms and time off forms
• On-Call Pager 2 weeks every 5 weeks for all Union employees including CLS staff.
• Time off request and Annual Vacations following the CBA for each Union at Kaiser/Seniority
• Attendance Reviews monthly and corrective actions or teachings as needed
• Made sure all trainings and certificates/license where up to date
• Compliance trainings were done yearly and other training required by Kaiser.
• 42 Lab Assistants I over seen and 4 clinics, Payroll and Time Cards
• Schedule for Lab Clerks and the Lab Assistants which was a HUGE assignment daily with call off's
• demonstrates skills and sound knowledge of clinical laboratory functions as they relate to phlebotomy, specimen receiving and
• Oversee activities of the support services section of the clinical laboratory
• Actively participates in staff performance improvement.
• Oversee job performance evaluation.
• Addressing staffing cancellations, and working with staff as a preceptor in the orientation and training of new employees
• Supervises the work of subordinate personnel in performing, routing, and specialized blood drawing techniques from patients and
specimen processing/handling for laboratory procedures used in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Kaiser Promoted to Contract Specialist for the Union 2011--2013
• Worked with Union Employees, HR, and Stewards on Investigations and Corrective actions
• Grievances and Arbitration as needed, Trained Staff, Stewards and Managers•
• Provides guidance on utilization of the Workday performance management module to maximize staff engagement, development, and
performance as well as create efficiency and increase effectiveness.
• Establishes and administers a department training program that addresses areas such as on-boarding, new employee orientation,
training needs assessment, management and supervisory development, skills training, on-the-job training, cross-training, and
measurement of training impact as requested.
• Possesses strong customer service skills to promote pleasant and effective interactions with patients, staff, and doctors
• Knowledge to problem-solve with other members of the Quality Improvement Team and to effect change toward improvement of clinic
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure when confronted by difficult situations and to respond professionally.
• Skill in speaking clearly and using appropriate grammar
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while functioning independently, maintaining confidentiality in all assignments, and
showing initiative in identifying and solving problems as they occur.
• Demonstrated ability to creatively integrate competing demands of a multidisciplinary setting into a productive working environment.
• Possess a high level of discretion in order to work with confidential information. (Employee and or Patient information)
• Sat on every Labor Management Partnership Committees such as LMP, Unit Base Teams, Attendance, Work Place Safety, Arbitration
and Grievance, New Steward Applications and Ballots, Customer Service, and Work Flow.
Kaiser Emergency Room Tech. (Medical Assistant) 1998-2000 and Float to other Departments
• Ensures areas are fully stocked, organized, clean, and disinfected & Orders supplies, as needed.
• Assists in coverage for switchboard, appointment system, and reception area, as needed.
• Prepares medical equipment, physical environment, and patient for procedures as ordered by practitioners.
• Documents information regarding all performed procedures in medical records .
• Schedules patient appointments and directs patients to appropriate care units using guidelines and R.N. supervisory guidance.
• Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform physical examinations and/or procedures.
• Ability to take vitals signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
• Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician.
• Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problems.
• Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers.
• Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice
• Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety and confidentiality is maintained
• Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies and safety regulations.
• Ensures compliance with infection control policies
Lab Assistant II/Phlebotomist Aug '98 - Aug '15
Kaiser, Baldwin Park
• Following written protocols, centrifuging, aliquot and/or preserve as needed.
• Enter and verify patient and test info into computer.
• Prepare samples for transport to referral labs or storage as needed.
• Prepare batch or outside lab referral specimens' documentation as needed.
• Perform inventory as needed
• Assist in monitoring workflow and schedules.
• Assisting with clinical resource leadership/training in phlebotomy,
• Monitoring inventories of media and reagents used in diagnostic testing, quality control/quality assurance support
• Computer operation (report printing) and data entry and retrieval
• Specimen procurement by venipuncture or skin punctures from adults, children, newborns, geriatric and cancer patients
• Ability to perform office clerical tasks to include test ordering into the Laboratory Information System
• answering phones, giving out test results, responding to phone inquiries, and some on-line billing.
• Prepare specimens to send to referral labs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to support the department
• Adherence to all hospital, laboratory safety and infection control policies.
• Hospital laboratory setting preparing specimen processing/preparation for testing, computer data entry, centrifugation of specimens,
microbiology setups of specimens, etc.
Citrus College, Glendora, Ca. - DEC '07
A.S. Degree Business, Business
A.A. Degree Behavioral Studies
Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA Aug '07 – Current: BS Degree, Organizational and Leadership Business
Watterson College, West Covina, CA 1988 : Medical Assistant, Diploma
Urgent Care LEAD
• CPT 1 License #10869 Expires April 2018
• BLS Card Expires May 2018
• LA Fire Safety Card Expires September 2018