Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Driven leader who understands and embraces the evolving retail landscape. Award-winning consumer products professional with extensive expertise in the beauty, personal care and wellness markets. Seeking a position in account management. Ability to function effectively in both a collaborative or independent environment. Willing and able to travel. No Limitations. Italian American Network - Paramus, NJ 2009 - Present English language multi-platform media company.
Director of Retail Sales - Consumer Products
• Managed the retail buying process with direct accountability in the selection and purchase of consumer products with international and domestic markets. Particularly Milan, Paris, and Asian Markets.
• Spearheaded the network’s E-commerce strategy and online image.
• Monitored and maintained an effective and consistent social media presence.
• Developed, managed and attained retail sales budget for assigned retail accounts - holds P/L oversight.
• Directed sales account management of assigned accounts including customer service programs that ensure meeting customer needs on a timely basis.
• Developed and recommended product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Evaluated competition and market to determine appropriate strategies to grow/maintain position while supporting company mission.
Jacques-Stevens, LLC - Secaucus, NJ 2002 - 2009
Marketing consulting company specializing in consumer products in multi-channel retail markets.
Strategist, Retail Brand Development
• Collaborate to build strategic account plans that align and deliver against annual revenue goals and key client strategic objectives.
• Provided consultation and creative solutions that drive consumer strategies.
• Managed internal financial forecasting and reporting.
• Commanded a strong understanding of industry data and trends.
• Developed client relationships across key functional areas.
• Provided strong and decisive leadership and training in developing a retail brand culture. email@example.com
RETAIL SALES / MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Entrepreneurial and innovative leader of retail sales and operations during 20+ years of fast-track advancement. Have held national, director and regional sales positions overseeing a total of $835 million in annual territory sales. I directly lead, trained, and mentored over 1,600 regional managers, account executives, business managers, coordinators, and trainers in a West coast, East coast national territory. My goal is always to create “one voice” in the execution of a retail brand and sales culture. Demonstrated ability to deliver results in turnaround assignments and restructuring situations. Driving profitable growth for regional, national, and international retail operations. Abilities and Accomplishments in:
• Team Building & Relationship Management
• HR Management / Succession Planning
• Sales Team Training & Leadership
• Store Openings & Event Planning
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• P&L Management
• Revenue & Profit Growth
• Strategic Planning & Development
• Operational Execution & Productivity
• Business Planning & Forecasting
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Communications and Marketing, 1989 Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ
Professional Certificates in International Business and Global Markets Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
DISTINCTIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Graduate of The Disney Institute on: Leadership, Service and Client Engagement Graduate of the Dale Carnegie Institute for Sales Leadership Member, National Retail Federation
Member, Alliance for Women in Media, New York City, NY Member, Cosmetic Executive Women, New York City, NY Who’s Who of Outstanding Women in Business
Member, Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs (New Jersey) Advisory Board Member, Fashion and Beauty Week (New Jersey) NeoStrata Company, Inc. - Princeton, NJ 1997 - 1999 An innovative Physician created dermatological company with an extensive global presence and a successful history of developing and marketing medically dispensed and over-the-counter formulations. Creators of the first glycolic peel and pioneers of Alpha and Polyhydroxy Acid along with numerous patented technologies.
National Director of Sales, Bi-coastal Territory, Skincare
• Increased product turnover by 15% and sales by 23% within five months by working with the corporate team and vendors. In addition, trained 14 new employees, five of whom were rapidly promoted.
• Marketed the program for both the professional spa line and home use skincare products developed by this company, established by 2 physicians, innovators of Alpha Hydroxyacid (AHA) skincare technology.
• Traveled throughout the U.S. to service and expand current accounts. Introduced lines to potential clients, retail buyers, and marketing venues. Implemented successful growth strategy presentations.
• Served as the spokesperson for the brand.
Christian Dior, Inc. - Paramus, NJ 1995 - 1997
French luxury goods company that designs and retails ready-to-wear, leather goods, fashion accessories, footwear, jewelry, timepieces, fragrance, make-up and skin care products while maintaining its tradition as a creator of recognized haute-couture.
Regional Sales Manager Northeast Territory, Cosmetics, Skincare and Fragrance
• Managed relationships with 21 department stores, boutiques and spas in NY metro area, including Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Henri Bendel.
• Increased regional sales 8% while creating and hosting 10 promotional revenue-producing events.
• Controlled in-store promotions, special events, recruiting, and training. Managed personnel, buying office and retail relationships, educational training and administration.
• Effectively communicated vision strategies and goals to create a region dedicated to sales success. firstname.lastname@example.org
BurrellesLuce - Livingston, NJ 1999 - 2002
U.S. leader in media monitoring. Provided comprehensive curated content from local and national print, online, broadcast, and social media sources.
National Account Director, Key Accounts, Bi-coastal Territory, Major Markets
• Provided vertical and horizontal media sales expertise in the fashion, beauty and entertainment industries for this leading market-focused provider of integrated information, media service and marketing solutions.
• Increased vendor-client alliances by 150% and generated an overall $135 million sales portfolio; top sales producer to both domestic and international clients; sales exceeded goals by 38%.
• Serviced PR agencies, Fortune 500 corporations, major retailers, celebrities and prominent leaders within the world of business, sports, fashion, beauty and fragrance.
• Expert in delivering powerful and professional presentations that generated profit and established key relationships.