303-***-**** W estminster, CO 80234 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Java Software Engineer with over 9 years experience in designing and
implementing Enterprise Applications
Skilled at back-end service development with Java/J2EE technologies, including
requirement analysis, design, implementation and unit tests.
Expertise at Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns and J2EE Best Practice.
Passion to new technologies with focus on delivering business solution.
Looking for a position with technical challenges and chance for career growth.
Government Health Care, Storage Area Network (SAN) – Element Management
Lead Technical Consultant, 2006 – present
CLIENT: Major Government Health Care Service Carrier
Led a six-person team to develop E&E (Eligibility and Enrollment) modules for a Health
Care Processing and Administration Platform, which is built on WebLogic10 and
• Overcame the challenges of adapting new technologies quickly: (a). JPA for
persistence. (b). ALBPM for long transaction orchestration. (c). JRule for Eligibility
determination. (d). EDI 834 format and (e). Pervasive for 834 mapping.
• Applied strong interpersonal and communication capability to work with wide range of
personnel at all levels to fully understand the business requirements, identified and
resolved technical issues.
• Consistently worked with offshore resource, monitored the iteration execution status
and ensured quality with test coverage and the timely completion of production.
• Significantly improved the performance of the Enrollment batch-job from 30 hours to
2.5 hours by replacing entities with balk iBATIS queries and reducing remote calls.
Ciber, Inc. Greenwood Village, Colorado
Senior Technical Consultant, 2005 – 2006
CLIENT: Major Storage Company
Refactored an outsource Web-Application - Storage(Tape/Disk) Virtualization.
• Contributed to a new test framework that extends JUnit and uses dynamic proxies to
simplify mock object configuration. Wrote applicable unit test suites.
• Applied design patterns and OO design concept to improved the existing application by
refactoring it with test driven development principles.
Websolve, Inc. McLean, Virginia
Senior Developer 2004 – 2005
Led a 3-person team to enhance a web-application that monitors and reports on IT
infrastructures using real-time protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, Socket, and JDBC.
• Enhanced the product with new test engines and performance optimization, which
involved multiple network protocols, algorithm designs and thread pools.
• Designed the Product API: Exposing all product functions through HTTP and simulating
the API usage via a Web application (Struts).
• Re-designed the Product Migration: Switching the applet-servlet application to Struts
based application for better scalability and productivity.
McData, Cooperation Broomfield, Colorado
Software Engineer, 1999 – 2004
Contributed to the development of a SAM management with integration with multi-vendor
applications, trouble shooting processes, security center, event manager, performance
monitoring and group configuration. The architecuture utilizes Swing, RMI, Object
Modeling, Threading, Sockets, SQL/JDBC, SNMP.
• Implemented Teton Manager, a Swing Element Manager for a new switch product. The
key skills were usability design and MVC/Template patterns.
• Enhanced the existing communication with a Secure Socket Layer (SSL); automated
secret management for large fabric.
• Defined private MIBs, designed and implemented the SNMP agent which supports both
public and private MIBs. The challenges of this design included 3rd-party SNMP
Engine selection, Protocol consistence and performance tuning.
• Designed and implemented the EFCM SNMP agent. Solved a critical memory problem
by helping 3rd party partner redefine its SNMP Engine to support dynamic tables.
Language: Java, C/C++, Perl, HTML, SQL, XML
Technology:J2EE(Servlet, EJB, JPA), OOAD, EDI
App Server: WebLogic, Tomcat and JBoss
Open Source: Spring, Hibernate, WebWork, JUnit
Tools: ILOG(JRule), Pervasive, JAXB
Database: Oracle and MySQL
IDE: Eclipse, Jbuilder and NetBean
Source Control: ClearCase, CVS, Subversion
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Linux
M.S. Computer Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
M.S. Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China